Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know if camp Dolphin is open to nonresort guests? I will be staying at boardwalk villa, wondering if I could use them
As I mentioned in your other post, grab the app and shoot them a text, then you will 100% know. I can't recall seeing any Camp Dolphin info shared in this thread recently, searching last post was 2021 asking if it was open.

As I mentioned in your other post, grab the app and shoot them a text, then you will 100% know. I can't recall seeing any Camp Dolphin info shared in this thread recently, searching last post was 2021 asking if it was open.
I did, they have not replied to my message

@DaviVascaino ugh! I did get a delayed reply once but not ignored, you might try again. Sorry about that, not helpful having that option if they are not going to use it. You might try the Child Service FAQ it does have an option to send an email, they say they respond within 72 hours, or just give the resort a direct call, at 407-934-4000 during the day (more likely not to get a reservation call center with this #)

Last edited:

Thanks for the great pix! When they said you had to cross a street to stay there I was a bit iffy - but how did you feel about it? Did it feel safe? Quick? Easy???!?! TIA!!

Super quick and easy. It's right on the backside of the playground on dolphin. And with the hotel being so small even with a room in the far corner the walk from the boat to our room is not horrible. Once you cross and enter the door the elevators are right there (5 of them).

I stayed at the Reserve back in March and was also a bit leery of the crossing street thing. I also want to second what Meglen says here. It was never an issue at all crossing the street. There was very little traffic and it is well lit and marked.

They have closed down a pool for some events at other times (at least once which was shared here), which was a complete shock they would do that with out compensation or alternative or notice.

Occasionally the pool will be closed but only if the convention group rents it. In about 30 stays I've seen it twice. I've never seen it happen for more than a few hours in the evening. There are d8fference announcing the closure in advance.
Wow! I am a loyal Swan guest. We have stayed there 10 times and don't plan to ever stay anywhere else. But I would be downright livid if the pool was closed for a private event when we had planned on using it!

Staying at the Dolphin for the first time at Christmas. Will be going to Epcot and AK this year. Any advice on restaurants at or near the resort? Any other advice or insight? We have a middle schooler and high schooler. TIA

For a quick bite, Fuel inside the dolphin lobby is easy and pretty quick. We ate there for breakfast and some late night snacks. We also ate at the fountain (sort of like a diner/soda shop vibe) one night and it's pretty good for a casual meal. We also did the boardwalk for snacks/drinks too.

Staying at the Dolphin for the first time at Christmas. Will be going to Epcot and AK this year. Any advice on restaurants at or near the resort? Any other advice or insight? We have a middle schooler and high schooler. TIA
Il Mulino at the Swan is a favorite of mine.

The Dolphin is conveniently located a short walk from many dining options - at the Swan & Dolphin, the Yacht & Beach, and the Boardwalk, not to mention Epcot (if you have the right tickets and park reservations). Too many great options to list! In MDE you can filter for Swan/Dolphin, Yacht & Beach, and Boardwalk, then ask questions on the Restaurants board about ones you’re curious about.

Wow! I am a loyal Swan guest. We have stayed there 10 times and don't plan to ever stay anywhere else. But I would be downright livid if the pool was closed for a private event when we had planned on using it!
They have signs up several days in advance so I guess don't plan on using it that evening?
You can still use the lap pools.

I guess your other option would be to be livid because it does happen

They have signs up several days in advance so I guess don't plan on using it that evening?
You can still use the lap pools.

I guess your other option would be to be livid because it does happen
I agree with the pp...unacceptable that they would close the main pool to their guests to host a private event/party. Add me to the livid list.

I'm planning a stay at the Dolphin resort in a couple of months and understand that there is an airport shuttle to MCO. Is this a free service? Also how do I contact them for the shuttle once I arrive at MCO? Thanks for your help.

Question for the group - Does the Swan lap pool have umbrellas for their lounge chairs? I can't tell by the photos.

@lluv3971 as I recall there are a few umbrellas (very few) and they are non-moveable and you can't reserve them. So you'd have to get the chairs near them.

Question...we have a reservation at Dolphin. How do we go in and add all the names/guests to the room so our bands scan correctly for after hrs?

Question...we have a reservation at Dolphin. How do we go in and add all the names/guests to the room so our bands scan correctly for after hrs?
When you link the reservation to My Disney Experience you’ll be asked to link the guests in the room. Be sure that you booked for the correct number of people and had this people listed in your friends and family in MDE before you link the reservation. I’m not sure how it works if you don’t have them in MDE already prior to linking the reservation.

When you link the reservation to My Disney Experience you’ll be asked to link the guests in the room. Be sure that you booked for the correct number of people and had this people listed in your friends and family in MDE before you link the reservation. I’m not sure how it works if you don’t have them in MDE already prior to linking the reservation.
Thx...got it. I was thinking I had to add them to the hotel first, but it worked perfect...thank you!

In my normal search to see if my rate dropped I found that Dolphin has increased the resort fee to $40 now. Add me to the livid list for this very reason since resort fees also cover pool access.

This screenshot is for a 7-day booking. The resort fee yesterday was $245 but today jumped to $280.
2AFC940A-14E9-4EBC-B6BE-9C0B769C9B4D.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts