Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I used to be able to do a one way and return my cars here, but I think they closed during the pandemic. Does anyone know if the on-site car rental is back?

@Yinn - it's not yet reopened. I don't see it reopening anytime soon, convention business or not. Staffing issues and vehicle availalbity are all factors, with a pending recession on the horizon I'd bet the car rental business are going to be very cautious and slow moving.

I used to be able to do a one way and return my cars here, but I think they closed during the pandemic. Does anyone know if the on-site car rental is back?
The Dolphin car rental is not operational now. The Car Care Center operated by WDW remains available and might be useful to you. There is a complimentary shuttle to and from the CCC. It isn't clear to me whether SDR is included among the Disney resorts served, but it would be easy enough to walk over to the BWI or YC for the shuttle (not with luggage, but just to get to the CCC). See: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/car-rental-services/

Thank you so much, I appreciate it. For the days I want in mid- August, the Dolphin is completely sold out - which made me nervous regarding how hectic the pool areas and Swan resort would be.

May I ask how clean/nice you found the rooms at the swan would be compared to a Disney deluxe room? (We usually stay at a 1 bedroom Villa Wilderness lodge if that helps).
I haven't stayed at WL but at POFQ and GF. We stayed at Swan in May. The rooms were clean, and spacious enough for 4 people. We had a nice view of Dolphin, and Yacht Club. Housekeeping was daily and was great. I would stayed there again.

At the reserve house keeping has been every 3 days for full turn over. On the other days we only got our water put in the room and trash taken one time this trip. Been going to the front desk for water.

Hi! I'm sure this has been asked before, but I made 2 bookings at the Swan for the end of August. I had to make 2 bookings because one was with points and one with cash. I called to have them combined to avoid checking in and out/switching rooms. Since half of my booking is with points, my only option was no view. I knew it would be a hassle to switch rooms in the middle of the trip on a park day so I ended up having to downgrade the cash booking to a room with no view as well. The representative on the phone said she would submit a request for a room with a view. Any idea what my chances are of getting such a request? I'm a silver elite member with Marriot (not very high). Not a huge deal, but was a little disappointed since it wasn't even an option to pay more/use more points to get a room with a view.

Just back from my first stay at Swan Reserve and wanted to share some pics of The Signature Epcot View suite and the Chairmen Suite. Both rooms were incredible in terms of cleanliness and decor. They were located on the 8th floor, but were not connecting. We also dined at Amare one night after a not so great experience at Narcoossee's and it was perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1110.jpg
    IMG_1110.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1111.jpg
    IMG_1111.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 44
Just back from my first stay at Swan Reserve and wanted to share some pics of The Signature Epcot View suite and the Chairmen Suite. Both rooms were incredible in terms of cleanliness and decor. They were located on the 8th floor, but were not connecting. We also dined at Amare one night after a not so great experience at Narcoossee's and it was perfect.
Well that sure looks nice, GS. :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing. Is the 4th picture the balcony?

@Swimgirly none of us can predict, hopefully they are not totally booked and you get some SwanDolphin magic. Since they couldn't make the change it makes me a bit uneasy that room views are available, but the only constant in the hotel industry is change - people are always cancelling or making changes so that could work in your favor. The fact the team member put a note is a good thing, but you won't know until you get there. I have a Cash & Points coming up in Oahu - I just asked for a view over a King if at all possible - wife and I are fine in a queen and would rather enjoy the view of the City if possible.

@GreyStr0ke thanks for sharing the pics!!! Looks amazing.

Thanks for posting the pictures- the room looks beautiful.

Quick question, how big is the “road” you have to cross to get to the Swan property from the swan reserve? (Is it a very busy street?)

Also sorry to hear about your not so great experience at Narrcoosses (that’s usually our favorite place to eat besides Le Cellier) has the food gone downhill there?

@Swimgirly none of us can predict, hopefully they are not totally booked and you get some SwanDolphin magic. Since they couldn't make the change it makes me a bit uneasy that room views are available, but the only constant in the hotel industry is change - people are always cancelling or making changes so that could work in your favor. The fact the team member put a note is a good thing, but you won't know until you get there. I have a Cash & Points coming up in Oahu - I just asked for a view over a King if at all possible - wife and I are fine in a queen and would rather enjoy the view of the City if possible.

@GreyStr0ke thanks for sharing the pics!!! Looks amazing.
Thanks that’s what I assumed! It’s still pretty far out so again a lot can change. It’s out first off property stay so if the kids could see something (like Epcot or Hollywood Studios) I assumed it would be kinda like staying at Disney. 😂 Thanks again for responding. If they had it available, would I be able to pay the difference for a room with a view with my points? Is that even allowed? I don’t mind paying. The representative kept putting me on hold to combine the reservations and kept saying things like “let me see if it will allow me”. I’m new with points/hotel bookings too, so I’m not exactly sure what can be done and what can’t be done.

Does anyone know if camp Dolphin is open to nonresort guests? I will be staying at boardwalk villa, wondering if I could use them

Thanks for posting the pictures- the room looks beautiful.

Quick question, how big is the “road” you have to cross to get to the Swan property from the swan reserve? (Is it a very busy street?)

Also sorry to hear about your not so great experience at Narrcoosses (that’s usually our favorite place to eat besides Le Cellier) has the food gone downhill there?
Best cross walk I have ever used. If you push the button it stops traffic within 30 seconds. You get plenty of time to cross and it not far. It's 4 lanes of traffic wide with a middle holding spot of you need it.

Thanks for the great pix! When they said you had to cross a street to stay there I was a bit iffy - but how did you feel about it? Did it feel safe? Quick? Easy???!?! TIA!!
Super quick and easy. It's right on the backside of the playground on dolphin. And with the hotel being so small even with a room in the far corner the walk from the boat to our room is not horrible. Once you cross and enter the door the elevators are right there (5 of them).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter