Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Is there a place on the Marriott website in the reservation where you can add in names? I have the correct number of adults on the reservation but it seems like they only give you the option to have a lead name on the reservation. I cannot add the other 3 people.
I had to call in-house reservations to have them add the specific names to the hotel reservation. Once that was done I went to the reservation on MDE and those names were then available in a drop-down box to select and add. The person I spoke with at in-house reservations was well-versed in the process and gave me the instructions about what to do in MDE.

Last edited:
I had to call in-house reservations to have them add the specific names to the hotel reservation. Once that was done I went to the reservation on MDE and those names were then available in a drop-down box to select and add. The person I spoke with at in-house reservations was well-versed in the process and gave me the instructions about what to do in MDE.
The names are not on the Marriott reservation but I was able to choose from friends and family on the Disney website and add them there.

@lfcfan it's a confusing mess. This is why some get upset at SwanDolphin over the suite night rewards (and not just SD). This is why I suggest calling direct, if they can get you what you want they will or they can offer you options. I've always found the in-house team very helpful. Also they suites are popular and does seem they are not always an option that shows up, I don't know if its by design or if they are all really just that popular that they book up.
Thank you! I will work up the patience and energy to give the in-house team a call! Appreciate your help.

Has anyone had success booking ADR+10 with a Swan Reserve reservation? On my 60+5 day I logged on and the dates for the entirety of my reservation were available to click to book, however anything over my 60 day mark showed no availability. Ended up having to book at 6am separately over 5 days. From past posts this is a glitch that's been happening for several months. Pretty frustrating that they haven't fixed it by now.

Has anyone had success booking ADR+10 with a Swan Reserve reservation? On my 60+5 day I logged on and the dates for the entirety of my reservation were available to click to book, however anything over my 60 day mark showed no availability. Ended up having to book at 6am separately over 5 days. From past posts this is a glitch that's been happening for several months. Pretty frustrating that they haven't fixed it by now.
The glitch has been well over several months. I remember that prob from my Sept ‘21 reservation which would have hit 60 days in July of last year. Obviously Disney and/or Marriott had no intention of fixing it.

@Shley8 sorry to hear its still happening. I'd put the blame squarly at Disney's IT feet which has to be the most incompetent group of any Fortune 50 companies out there. This is sadly just more of an ongoing issue surrounding Disney's IT problems that seem to plague guests of both Disney resorts and others.

Ok I had it linked to MDE and when I went to check it was gone. So I re-linked it. But there is only one name listed on the Marriott site reservation, is that right?
You need to call hotel directly and they will update names. I did this yesterday and it worked perfectly. It took 24 hours for it to update on MDE

I called on my 60+10 day and Guest Services booked all of my meals for me easily on that day. I’m sorry that you booked every morning instead.

Thanks! I guess I am not clear on who makes the decisions on using points--the hotel or marriott bonvoy? So I am never sure who to talk to (and you can probably tell I am very new to this whole concept).

There is no way I am booking Swan without redeeming points, so I am not gonna book an alove suite and pay for the whole thing with cash. I would just book a disney resort if I was paying with cash.
We will be just fine with a mostly free hotel room, but are willing to pay the differenced for an upgrade if it is available. However, since it is not available to book with points, I expect I will get the same answer if I call--can't use points for suite. But maybe can hope for a miracle when it gets closer if there is availability. I don't think our weekend is a "big weekend" but who knows with events, etc.

I've been traveling using Marriott for years. The best way to get the suite upgrade using your suite upgrades (not via bonvoy level), is AFTER booking. Put in the request for the suite upgrade and then call. Im using points for the Swan Reserve. I was hoping to get an upgrade based on my level, but I doubt it. Sometimes they send out a last second upgrade to a suite for a discount email. I'm watching for that too.

On thing that you can do, that starts to sound crazy, but it's pretty easy - is using the marriott website to book (not the app). And rather than using all the points on the room, upgrade the room to the suite you want so it's secure, and then pay with a points & cash combo. That feature is not on the app. That is one way to MAKE SURE you have exactly what you want at an awesome discount.

Last thing is, I don't think you need all your points in place to book. You'll need them by the deadline on the ressie, which is stated when you book. Don't hold me to that b/c they keep changing things. And it may not be available to new accounts, but I'd try.

If you make a habit of using the card for everything, you'll also accumulate free nights over the year as part of the spending comps on the card.

I've never stayed at the Swan Reserve before. Hoping it's nice and comfy.

Best of luck to you with booking.

I posted this on another thread but I think it fits better here lol: Has anyone seen the latest reviews for the Dolphin on TripA? There are... terrible! I wanted the Swan but it is sold out. Wondering if I should stick with it or go to Disney Springs. If someone can give me an honest take. I don't mind bad service. I don't mind no room service. Not fond of grime and room safes not working. Maybe I answered my own question? :chat:

I posted this on another thread but I think it fits better here lol: Has anyone seen the latest reviews for the Dolphin on TripA? There are... terrible! I wanted the Swan but it is sold out. Wondering if I should stick with it or go to Disney Springs. If someone can give me an honest take. I don't mind bad service. I don't mind no room service. Not fond of grime and room safes not working. Maybe I answered my own question? :chat:
Bad service, grime, broken room safes… umm, I don’t think anyone here would be ok with that. I haven’t stayed so I can’t help but fwiw Dolphin does not have a rep for being worse than a Motel 6 around here.

I stayed there for 2 nights in oct. I was never so grossed out by a sink befor. It had yellow gunky stuff in the down drain. I honestly never seen anything like it and I wouldn't touch it. The plunger was covered in it. Thankfully we were in a suite so there was another sink to use.

Are the AP prices set or do they fluctuate like the normal room rates as occupancy changes?
My guess will be it's a % off the price so probably will fluctuate as the room rate fluctuates but that's a total guess. I have no experience. We're using points so I didn't use my AP discount.

I've stayed predominantly at the Swan over the years. From many years of participating here, I would say the service, upkeep, etc, etc at both the Swan and Dolphin is basically the same. Layouts, restaurants, room types vary some, but not the other. And I would say both are very good, with the understandable periodic slipups and letdowns. But not a pattern. As for the Reserve, I think still in an 'opening mode'. Maybe more hiccups as they move along.

I think the worst slipup I ever had, at the Swan, was no dresser when I checked in. :confused3 Just a big blank wall. :scratchin I called the front desk. They were :confused3 :laughing: 'no idea on that but we will get on it right away, Mr. Murphy'. A new dresser was delivered to the rom about 10 minutes later. All was well. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter