Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I won’t touch non-refundable. While I can stomach missing a deal, I cannot stomach missing $2k because someone in my family caught Covid or any sickness and we all have to stay home. Or weather led to airline cancellations, or a litany of other things that might prevent me from being there that day.

Also of note: the website only lets you search one discount code/special rate at a time. But the App will let you search multiple rates at the same time and then order them in lowest to highest rate. AP rate usually only gives the basic 2 beds with "no view".

One very annoying thing about swan/dolphin/swan reserve is that, unlike every other Marriott property I’ve stayed at in the world, they require prepayment for your entire stay, even on fully refundable rates. So, if you’re using a fully refundable corporate rate and booking months in advance, you may still have a couple thousand dollars tied up with them. I’d prefer that money to be in my hands, not theirs - especially with the pathetic housekeeping situation 😀

Not necessarily. Although the rate rules may state they take a deposit of the whole stay, it is my experience (and others') that they will take a single night deposit. No idea what the disconnect is on Marriott's site.
(In the case of my trip booked for December, they haven't taken any kind of a deposit, and I booked it in April...)

Not necessarily. Although the rate rules may state they take a deposit of the whole stay, it is my experience (and others') that they will take a single night deposit. No idea what the disconnect is on Marriott's site.
(In the case of my trip booked for December, they haven't taken any kind of a deposit, and I booked it in April...)
I’ve had both experiences. It seems random.

Also of note: the website only lets you search one discount code/special rate at a time. But the App will let you search multiple rates at the same time and then order them in lowest to highest rate. AP rate usually only gives the basic 2 beds with "no view".
If you’re a plat or a titanium you might score a modest upgrade (say, to a king, or to a view of something other than the parking lot). Don’t count on too much of an upgrade from the AP rate, but remember to ask nicely at the front desk when checking in and indicate that you’re very flexible (you don’t need your room right away, etc).

If you’re a plat or a titanium you might score a modest upgrade (say, to a king, or to a view of something other than the parking lot). Don’t count on too much of an upgrade from the AP rate, but remember to ask nicely at the front desk when checking in and indicate that you’re very flexible (you don’t need your room right away, etc).

King rooms are almost impossible to get - but they will try to give you a better view if possible. But no, even as a Titanium it's rare to get any room other than the one you book.

For me, when I'm traveling solo, it doesn't matter as much. But when my DH travels with me, I'm more likely to book a more expensive room (Senior Discount usually has some options.) if I want a specific room (Like the King Deluxe with Balcony).

Oh. And I have never tried using "Suite Nights" at the Dolphin so not sure if that helps...

So: if room layout or view matters, book that. ALWAYS.

What's the latest move date for Swan Reserve? I just got a great AP rate for 11/10-11/15. Is there a chance that they might be done by then or are they very backed up?

@jmcross none of us know for sure. The SR page says Opening October 2021 - after the number of times they've missed the mark I'm hard pressed to say they are going to be opening this month, but along the same lines I can't imagine missing yet another opening date. So far if it was booked with cash they have done a good job of moving to either S/D, the challenges have been those that booked with points. If you have a good rate and you're up for a bit of a gamble go for it. If lived close I would.

I have a cash Swan Reserve reservation with an Epcot view. If they moved me to S/D would they honor the Epcot view?

@jmcross good question, I can't recall for those that got bumped how it all worked out. You can probably go back 20 or so pages to find some info, and some might pop back and see this and let you know. You can tag them with the @ or quote them too.

In April, I booked a stay at the Dolphin for December. AAA Rate, flexible/cancellable, $239/night. Right now, that rate is $311/night. Swan AAA rate for the same time is $371.

I posted the above in July. Checked this morning, Dolphin is now sold out for Dec 20-27, and the Swan is well over $400 for that time period.

(I also had to add another day to my trip, so I have a one-night Dolphin reservation for $246 +Taxes & Fees at the beginning. If I tried to modify the original reservation, it repriced the whole thing to then-current rates and added ~$1,000 to the total cost. Hoping I can talk them into not making me change rooms when I check in.)

@empedocles if you have the S/D app I'd text them a week or so before your arrival dates, include your reservation numbers so they can try to combine and keep you in one room. The challenge of doing it once you arrive makes it harder and you might lose out on a better room. I've done this a few times over the years at other locations and find the advanced heads up helps them out.

King rooms are almost impossible to get - but they will try to give you a better view if possible. But no, even as a Titanium it's rare to get any room other than the one you book.

For me, when I'm traveling solo, it doesn't matter as much. But when my DH travels with me, I'm more likely to book a more expensive room (Senior Discount usually has some options.) if I want a specific room (Like the King Deluxe with Balcony).

Oh. And I have never tried using "Suite Nights" at the Dolphin so not sure if that helps...

So: if room layout or view matters, book that. ALWAYS.
I’ve never tried using SNAs at Swan or Dolphin. Seems like a waste at these properties. I generally agree with your comments and guidance. I will say that I usually do have luck getting a king on the rare times I haven’t booked one. And I have scored suites a few times, including a couple of Governors Suites (which really feel like way too much for a single person!), so it CAN happen, but it’s rare. I’ll usually pay the price difference to stay at the Swan because I prefer the smaller hotel and the rooms are a little bit bigger and marginally nicer (unless you’re really into Marriott properties, I doubt you’d notice).
Bottom line: if a particular room type is very important (bed, outdoor space, view, room size), definitely book it, particularly if you don’t have Marriott status or are going to be staying during a busy time of year (usually their busiest times are early January through late December 😉) If you’re a Titanium Ambassador, your Ambassador should be able to make something happen for you. If you’re a Cobalt, well, why are you even reading this? 😀😀😀

I’ve never tried using SNAs at Swan or Dolphin. Seems like a waste at these properties. I generally agree with your comments and guidance. I will say that I usually do have luck getting a king on the rare times I haven’t booked one. And I have scored suites a few times, including a couple of Governors Suites (which really feel like way too much for a single person!), so it CAN happen, but it’s rare. I’ll usually pay the price difference to stay at the Swan because I prefer the smaller hotel and the rooms are a little bit bigger and marginally nicer (unless you’re really into Marriott properties, I doubt you’d notice).
Bottom line: if a particular room type is very important (bed, outdoor space, view, room size), definitely book it, particularly if you don’t have Marriott status or are going to be staying during a busy time of year (usually their busiest times are early January through late December 😉) If you’re a Titanium Ambassador, your Ambassador should be able to make something happen for you. If you’re a Cobalt, well, why are you even reading this? 😀😀😀
Dude. Some of us aren’t even silver. Be cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter