Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@melking23 I'd disagree, since the rooms are out of service it's lost revenue for them. By my calc at least 36 rooms. I'd bet they have them prebuilt, but install will still take time - nothing works exactly as planned on a retro project like this. Looking at some of the damage removing the railings makes me think there was probably some structural damage like rust. Otherwise I'd think they would have just sand blasted and repainted. With the time to setup the hoist and cutting it all, repairing the deck, I'd suspect we'll see the prefab railings start going in next week maybe. Makes me think it really won't be done by Septmeber, but maybe for that one wing it will be.

Can't wait for our first Dolphin trip in 12 days!:bounce: A few quick questions.

Has anyone had a Shipt delivery? Can they leave with bell services or do I need to meet them?

Is there a microwave available anywhere for guest use (this will impact what we order/bring for breakfast)?

Food allergies at their restaurants? Unlike most Disney menu, the Swan/Dolphin menus don't list food allergies. Are there options? (Specifically gluten free and peanut/treenut allergies).

Thanks!!
Hi! My children have multiple food allergies and the Swan/Dolphin restaurants did an excellent job with preparing their food. I did talk to the chef ahead of time by phone.

I did check on our floor, no microwave at either east or west ice machine, I didn't get a chance to look at the other floors.

I am looking to stay at the Dolphin to use my Marriot points but a friend going with us doesn't do tight spaces, like elevators, so was curious if anyone could tell me about the current stair access. I can see in the thread that over the past couple of years the stairs were open to go up and down to rooms and am hoping that is still the case. Could anyone confirm that is still an option and where we should request that is reachable via stairs? Or an option that avoids stairs entirely? We are not opposed to the Swans but have kids going and the pools at the Dolphin looked like they may be more fun for them. Thanks for any help you could give.

Last edited:

I am looking to stay at the Dolphin to use my Marriot points but a friend going with us doesn't do tight spaces, like elevators, so was curious if anyone could tell me about the current stair access. I can see in the thread that over the past couple of years the stairs were open to go up and down to rooms and am hoping that is still the case. Could anyone confirm that is still an option and where we should request that is reachable via stairs? Or an option that avoids stairs entirely? We are not opposed to the Swans but have kids going and the pools at the Dolphin looked like they may be more fun for them. Thanks for any help you could give.
I’m not much help on the stairs issue but when booking I’d include a note to request a low floor near stairs. It wouldn’t hurt to call in-house reservations to make sure it’s noted as well.
As far as the pools, guests staying at Swan, Dolphin, and Swan Reserve have access to each of the hotel’s pools within the complex. Guests staying at Swan or Swan Reserve can use the grotto pool next to Dolphin without issue.

@dakuwan - there are some ground level rooms, but I'd be inclinded to call M-F 8-5 and ask for In-House reservations and see if they can help you. Even a second floor room could require use of the elevators since they stairs are often locked off for security reasons, you can exit but not enter. Here is a search from this group on Ground Floor rooms you can read through some of the discussions about this and advice.

Swan’s rates for Labor Day week have dropped AGAIN!!!! :dancer: <—That’s my happy dance. 😂

I booked Dolphin at $339 per night with resort fee included (back when it was still $35/day and self parking was $29/day). Switched to the Swan this weekend at the same rate (but now the resort fee is $40/day and self parking is $32/day). The price dropped to $301/nt on Monday leaving me less than $18 from breaking even due to the increased resort and parking fees. Today it dropped to $288/nt. That’s for a king balcony room. I’m naturally a penny pincher so I’m ecstatic!!!!!

ETA: I booked the AAA package rate which also includes a $50 resort credit to use within the complex.

Last edited:
I’m not much help on the stairs issue but when booking I’d include a note to request a low floor near stairs. It wouldn’t hurt to call in-house reservations to make sure it’s noted as well.
As far as the pools, guests staying at Swan, Dolphin, and Swan Reserve have access to each of the hotel’s pools within the complex. Guests staying at Swan or Swan Reserve can use the grotto pool next to Dolphin without issue.

@dakuwan - there are some ground level rooms, but I'd be inclinded to call M-F 8-5 and ask for In-House reservations and see if they can help you.
Some ground floor rooms at the Dolphin, none that I am aware of at the Swan.

And yes, all the pools at the resorts are for all the guests of all the hotels. The two lap pools, one by the Dolphin, one by the Swan, look like they are for those two exclusively, but they are not. Either of those also can be used by anybody. The large Grotto complex, equidistant to either resort, are also for anybody.

Someone on Reddit mentioned that you can order non-perishable items from Amazon/Whole Foods delivery and have it delivered to your resort before you arrive. since we’re coming from the West Coast we won’t even land until 3:30. It would be nice to not have to do a grocery stop and/or coordinate with Instacart later. Love to have water and a few other non-perishables already waiting for us when we check in. Anyone tried this at the Swan? Should I contact them and ask?
Queuing this up again to see if anyone has the answer to this question

Queuing this up again to see if anyone has the answer to this question
Give them a call, or use the App to text to them, as long arriving same day or maybe a day before I'd think it would be ok. My concern is since your not yet a "guest at the hotel" if they might transfer it to their partner 11th Hour and that would be a charge.

Though never done it at SD I have sent packages to a hotel with the following plus "Please Hold for Arrival" - a couple places with business centers did charge me - but those were mailed packages.

Registered Guest Name / Arriving Date
c/o Hotel Name
Address
City, State Zip

Thanks to the kind member that corrected me on my address protocol :)

Last edited:
Has anyone contacted the S/D/R about doing a paid upgrade for a points reservation before arrival recently? I contacted in house reservations right after we made our initial reservation & the quoted prices to upgrade were $200-$300 before taxes & fees. I’m curious if this price goes down the closer to checkin you get. We’re booked at the Swan Reserve now in a standard room, but would ideally like to move to a suite if the upgrade price is more reasonable before our trip.

Fyi...yesterday they installed what appears to be the bases to the larger shower (shampoo/conditioner/body wash) while we were out. This was at the Swan. I will come back to give a larger report on our first stay here, but we're heading home tonight and just wanted to update on the possible toiletry changes coming.

Fyi...yesterday they installed what appears to be the bases to the larger shower (shampoo/conditioner/body wash) while we were out. This was at the Swan. I will come back to give a larger report on our first stay here, but we're heading home tonight and just wanted to update on the possible toiletry changes coming.
Have a good, safe trip home, brockash. Thanks for the update, looking forward to your report.

Sitting at the airport with a delayed flight, so thought I'd share our thoughts on our first stay at Swan.

First, just for some background; we've been going to Disney annually with a larger extended family with smaller ones in between for 15+ years, however this is the first time we've stayed at Swan. We've stayed at all levels of Disney resorts and Shades of Green once.

On this trip we had 3 rooms, with ages 7-68. We ended up getting the Swan for about the same as we could've gotten a Disney moderate. We are Marriot Elite members.

First off I cannot say enough good things about the staff at Swan. From the moment we checked in, until we retrieved our luggage to go home a few hrs. everyone we encountered (checkin, bell services, housekeeping, employees of Java) were awesome. It was how we feel "Disney" employees reputation is. Honestly I would say for the most part the employees at the Swan were better than most of the actual Disney employees we encountered. There was nothing wrong with the DIS employees, but the Swan staff was just awesome. I had put in a request about our rooms (asking ours to be connected to my moms) and my sisters to be close by. I also put in a request for a box fan. We arrived a day earlier than the rest of our group and when I checked in I inquired about the requests. They were great and told me everything was set and it was...box fan even already in the room. Daily housekeeping was wonderful. Unlike our experience at Disney ever...Swan seems to keep checking back and will automatically service your room without an additional requests even if you don't take the do not disturb sign doen until early evening. That was wonderful. Some days they lefy water, other days they did not, so I'm not sure what the actual policy is. Because we're members we got a voucher each day for breakfast, which was nice. Another example of their awesome employees... they were quick and efficient and would wrap our fruit cups in a separate bag to insert into our main bag in case it spilled etc. Such a small thing, but really helpful and even better that they just automatically did it every day without me having to ask. Beds were also very comfortable. We had a balcony, but I don't think we'd pay for it again. It's not covered and while I knew that, it just didn't register until we got there that we much prefer a covered balcony (Disney's are covered).

Cons: Food options were a bit limited, redundant and just not that great. We are usually only at our resort for quick meals, so we didn't try any of the sit downs (Garden Grove one morning, but we didn't really like the food there either.)

Biggest con though was the pool. The set up for us wasn't great and I don't feel there's enough seating for all 3 resorts t the main pool. - Not as much of an issue at the quiet one, but still not enough in our opinion. There are NO lifeguards which caught me by surprise. I think I just missed the "rules" lol and comfort of knowing there were ppl. actively looking for struggling ppl. Our first night I watched a dad jump in the pool fully clothed because one of his kids had drifted towards the middle which was deeper. I know there will be tons of ppl. saying it's their own fault etc and I get it and am myself not one to let my kids just go off on their own, but regardless I as a bystander don't want that added stress and anxiety. It's just something I never feel at a Disney resort because they have such conscientious lifeguards on duty.

The towels...omg for goodness sake grotto pool, no one wants to "sneak" into your crappy pool and if you're that concerned about it, build a gate with key card entry needed. This was the only place we ran into rude employees. The first couple times we used the main pool towels were just out (yes there are signs indicating you needed to show your room key - still ridiculous in our opinion,however our first 3 times at the pool there was no ome to show your room key to.) First time we went in the morning I go to grab towels after trying to secure somewhat decent seats fory kids and I and the lady says we have to show a room key. I told her I had it over with my stroller, but that the last few times I had been there towels were just out. She explained that if they happen to be "open" they require gueststo show their key. So I went back to the stroller to get my key in order to obtain towels.

Next day I make sure to have my key and ask the guy for 6 towels...he stops me and says, "so you have 6 ppl. in your party?" I said no, I have 3 with me today, but we'd like 2 towels each. He gave them to me, but my gosh why does it matter, just give me the stinking towels. All the while at the quiet pools they have larger unmanned towels for the taking. It's just a pet peeve of mine when ppl or a business is difficult only for the sake of being difficult. It was such an opposite experience from the staff inside the Swan building. I will say being able to order drinks/food from your seat was great though, although it wasn't working our last day.

Yesterday they had a DJ and wow was the music loud. We could not have a conversation. I'm not that old and generally appreciate some background music, but this was just sooo loud.

I know I sound like a grumpy old lady about the pool situation, but the rest of our stay was such great service and this was just not.

Transportation...being the last stop to and first stop off from DHS was great. Buses were ok...we mainly walked over and used Yacht Clubs. which for a large group was a parade/circus lol at times, but we knew this going in. We did miss the movies at night that Disney does (wr actually walked over to YC one night to watch part of theirs).

We also missed the pool activities.

Swan has smart tvs so if you're Disney bubble obsessed like me, you can easily stream the live youtube Disney resort tv in your room.

We were a little concerned about elevators as they've at times been slow and an issue at some of the Disney resorts we've stayed at, but we had no issues and they seemed to have the right amount for the number of rooms.

If I think of anything else I'll ome back, but it looks like we may finally be boarding :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!