Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

How is the character buffet at garden grove on the weekends? Is it as good as other Disney character meals?

We will be there!!!! Are we allowed to walk through and explore if we don’t have tickets?? Have to do some research!
Yes - the stands are located on the public walkways between the Swan and Dolphin and from the Swan towards the Boardwalk. Later in the evening, it becomes quite congested.

Is the daily resort fee charged when at the hotel or is it included in the reservation price? Thanks!

Also when booking the Dolphin through the WDW website, nothing is listed about the daily resort fee. Maybe it is included if booking through WDW?

Also when booking the Dolphin through the WDW website, nothing is listed about the daily resort fee. Maybe it is included if booking through WDW?
Is there a reason why you want to book the Dolphin on the WDW site and not directly through Marriott? The WDW site only books “packages” with tickets. I do not believe there is any price advantage booking through Disney, as they don’t own the Dolphin and are basically acting as a 3rd party booking agent. Tickets can be purchased separately from WDW or through an authorized ticket agency, such as Undercover Tourist, which offers ticket discounts. Marriott’s site also offers room discounts at the Dolphin, which I don’t believe Disney does. The Marriott site will show the resort fee charges.

Is there a reason why you want to book the Dolphin on the WDW site and not directly through Marriott? The WDW site only books “packages” with tickets. I do not believe there is any price advantage booking through Disney, as they don’t own the Dolphin and are basically acting as a 3rd party booking agent. Tickets can be purchased separately from WDW or through an authorized ticket agency, such as Undercover Tourist, which offers ticket discounts. Marriott’s site also offers room discounts at the Dolphin, which I don’t believe Disney does. The Marriott site will show the resort fee charges.

Completely agree. I recently booked and called the hotel directly. Ask for Abbey. She is very knowledgeable. I asked her to quote me prices with tax and resort fee included.

Side note, if you need to book a 2 bedroom or a suite, you can only do that by calling. Disney nor any hotel website list them. I wanted to book through hotels.com because we have some free nights accrued but couldn’t use it for this.

Still, I was able to get a Dolphin deluxe studio with a king lock off added for cheaper than renting 2 rooms. We are 5 people so it was a necessity.

True that the WDW booking is a package, but the package is a lot cheaper than if I were to book the room and tickets separately. On the Marriott website, rooms for the Dolphin are now running a minimum of $470 for my dates. As part of the package and subtracting tickets costs, the room rate is around $225 a night.

Just double checking. I am staying for a conference in a few weeks. If I reserve my room through the conference (special link that takes me to Swan and Dolphin page), will I still get the nights credits and 6x points on my Marriott card that I would normally get when booking direct through Marriott?

We are at the one month countdown! We are so excited to tell the kids about the trip. They LOVED Dolphin last year. We are going to try to get our same exact rooms. It wound up being so perfect because it was close to the pool (relatively) and one room (double connected to king alcove) was right outside the elevator (the kids room - so we were glad we didn't hear the noise all night).

Just double checking. I am staying for a conference in a few weeks. If I reserve my room through the conference (special link that takes me to Swan and Dolphin page), will I still get the nights credits and 6x points on my Marriott card that I would normally get when booking direct through Marriott?
Yes, you should. You are booking through the Marriott system and you should get all the eligible points. I haven't been at S/D but been at several other Marriott properties and I get full credit.

Wait.

Was there some kind of rate drop I don’t know about?

I have a Dec 2019 reservation at the Dolphin. Please advise.

TIA

My dates 15-22 had a slight price decrease from when I booked earlier this summer. Was about $100 but I'll take it. I had a king premium studio. If you just booked, likely you got quoted the same rate. So savings to me but likely you have this already. I think it was $318 pre fees/taxes.

My dates 15-22 had a slight price decrease from when I booked earlier this summer. Was about $100 but I'll take it. I had a king premium studio. If you just booked, likely you got quoted the same rate. So savings to me but likely you have this already. I think it was $318 pre fees/taxes.
Thank you!

Are the toiletries in the Dolphin hotel the same as all Sheratons? I’m not a fan of them so I wanted to see if I needed to add on to my Dizzy Dolphin order.
Thank you!

Are the toiletries in the Dolphin hotel the same as all Sheratons? I’m not a fan of them so I wanted to see if I needed to add on to my Dizzy Dolphin order.
I recall a recent visitor said they still had the Le Grand Bain line at the Dolphin.

Marriott announced previously they were ditching the small plastic bottles and moving to the wall mounted type. This won't be fully completed until 2020, but it's coming and hard to say when S/D will implement it. When in doubt bring your own.

We land very late on our arrival day. I remember check in taking a very long time because of all the info the front desk ran through with us. Specifically, our choices to make as Bonvoy members (I think maybe hubby is Platinum Elite). We want the breakfast vouchers.....but what other choices were there?

We just booked the Dolphin on Priceline at a great rate for spring break. It was not an Express Deal, but a regular booking with a "VIP Sale". The confirmation says that the room type will be assigned at check-in. I am expecting a less than stellar view, but we will basically only be sleeping in the room. Has anyone booked this type of Priceline special for a stay at the Dolphin? What type of room/view did you wind up with? We are Bonvoy Gold. Will this benefit us at all? TIA

@JJ2017 sorry I can't help much, we did check in pretty late too, west coasters here. But the check in went pretty quick. The possible upgrades at Platinum will give you some choices, but it really shouldn't take very long.

@TinkOhio congrats! You will not earn points or nights with the Priceline stay, and the Gold status might get you a bit, but I wouldn't count on it, though by all means it never hurts to ask and see. If you search this thread for 'Priceline' you may find some info too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter