• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I read elsewhere that the “Dolphin pool” (that’s what was written) will be closed soon for renovations. Is there any truth to this rumor?
I'd reach out to S/D directly to see. Last refurbishment of the Grotto Pool that I was aware of was back in Winter of 2017.

Silly question but, is there a place in the hotel where I can buy a gallon of whole milk or even a small pint. We are traveling with little kids and it would be great if we can get milk in the hotel.

Also, my wife is vegetarian and I am wondering if there are good veg food options breakfast in the hotel. Like do you get bread and butter or Nutella etc in the FUEL restaurant?

Silly question but, is there a place in the hotel where I can buy a gallon of whole milk or even a small pint. We are traveling with little kids and it would be great if we can get milk in the hotel.

Also, my wife is vegetarian and I am wondering if there are good veg food options breakfast in the hotel. Like do you get bread and butter or Nutella etc in the FUEL restaurant?
Besides ordering groceries in through Amazon Prime, Dizzy Dolphin, or a similar service, I know you can take a quick walk to the Boardwalk and go to their convenience store. They sell milk there.
I’m not 100% sure about the stores in the hotel, though.

Besides ordering groceries in through Amazon Prime, Dizzy Dolphin, or a similar service, I know you can take a quick walk to the Boardwalk and go to their convenience store. They sell milk there.
I’m not 100% sure about the stores in the hotel, though.
Picabu and maybe Fuel sell quarts of milk as well.

Last edited:
Response from management regarding pool renovations:

“We are having our pools improved for your future enjoyment. The Dolphin Lap Pool will be the first pool to go under renovation on September 17th. The next pools will be the spring pool, and then the kiddie pool a few weeks after that. The renovation of these pools is expected to extend until the beginning of November.

The great news is the marquis pool the Grotto will be open during the entirety of this renovation. We will also have the Swan Lap pool (the mirror image of the dolphin lap pool) open.

The fall season is not peak for us so there will be plenty of pools and amenities for you and your family to enjoy.“

“We are having our pools improved for your future enjoyment. The Dolphin Lap Pool will be the first pool to go under renovation on September 17th. The next pools will be the spring pool, and then the kiddie pool a few weeks after that. The renovation of these pools is expected to extend until the beginning of November.

The great news is the marquis pool the Grotto will be open during the entirety of this renovation. We will also have the Swan Lap pool (the mirror image of the dolphin lap pool) open.

The fall season is not peak for us so there will be plenty of pools and amenities for you and your family to enjoy.“
Thanks for sharing and posting MB.

Which is the spring pool? Is that the pool that connects to the grotto pool after you go under the bridge? I’m having a hard time picturing it...

A couple of questions - we have an upcoming stay in October at the Dolphin.

1) grocery delivery: If I order Prime Now - I have to wait downstairs for the delivery person right? There's no service that can leave it at the Bell desk? (all would be non-refrigerated). Is any grocery service able to leave stuff at the Bell desk?

2) Is there a free shuttle to the Vineland Outlet Mall? I've tried looking through here and I found a website that seems to be for a company that runs a bus and you have to reserve a seat but the drop down menu didn't have any destinations listed. Any info you can give me - and if you've used it how it is (dependable?). Otherwise I'll just uber over there

3) No problems if I want to call an uber to pick me up? Do Minnie Vans also pick up and drop off at the Dolphin?

I typically need to use an ECV (rental scooter) while at Disney. I can scooter over to the Boardwalk right? I guess I could take the path to DHS or Epcot as well is that correct?

1) grocery delivery: If I order Prime Now - I have to wait downstairs for the delivery person right? There's no service that can leave it at the Bell desk? (all would be non-refrigerated). Is any grocery service able to leave stuff at the Bell desk?

2) Is there a free shuttle to the Vineland Outlet Mall? I've tried looking through here and I found a website that seems to be for a company that runs a bus and you have to reserve a seat but the drop down menu didn't have any destinations listed. Any info you can give me - and if you've used it how it is (dependable?). Otherwise I'll just uber over there

3) No problems if I want to call an uber to pick me up? Do Minnie Vans also pick up and drop off at the Dolphin?

I typically need to use an ECV (rental scooter) while at Disney. I can scooter over to the Boardwalk right? I guess I could take the path to DHS or Epcot as well is that correct?

I don’t know directly about the delivery services, but depending on how you are getting to the resort from the airport to the resort you may be able to get groceries on your own. Many of the town car services offer a 30 minute grocery stop for a small fee. Or if you’re discussing Uber then you could easily stop. (Wasn’t sure if your Uber comment was about airport transport or around the world).

Just a thought.

I don’t know directly about the delivery services, but depending on how you are getting to the resort from the airport to the resort you may be able to get groceries on your own. Many of the town car services offer a 30 minute grocery stop for a small fee. Or if you’re discussing Uber then you could easily stop. (Wasn’t sure if your Uber comment was about airport transport or around the world).

Just a thought.

I was planning on getting a Mears shuttle from the airport (2 of us). From what I can tell that was the cheapest option - I probably could buy the round trip - but it cannot be reserved in advance. I'm guessing to get a towncar service with a stop would be well over $100 one way right? It's probably not worth it for just the 2 of us and water/gatorade stuff and pop tarts lol. The uber comment was more just getting around WDW (I wouldn't try to take the scooter in the Uber) or to get to the outlet mall. I've used the Minnie Van in the past that can take the scooter which is nice when going from hotel to hotel - just making sure they go to the Dolphin.

I was planning on getting a Mears shuttle from the airport (2 of us). From what I can tell that was the cheapest option - I probably could buy the round trip - but it cannot be reserved in advance. I'm guessing to get a towncar service with a stop would be well over $100 one way right? It's probably not worth it for just the 2 of us and water/gatorade stuff and pop tarts lol. The uber comment was more just getting around WDW (I wouldn't try to take the scooter in the Uber) or to get to the outlet mall. I've used the Minnie Van in the past that can take the scooter which is nice when going from hotel to hotel - just making sure they go to the Dolphin.

Ahhh yes the Mears shuttle will be your cheaper option. It’s been a couple years but last I knew most of the car services were roughly $130-140 (plus tip) round trip to an from the airport. A 30-minute grocery stop very well may have been included. Either way, sounds like It may not be your best option all things considered. I tried :-)

Definitely. It's a smooth ride with plenty of gentle grading to accommodate wheeled vehicles. Same for the paths to HS and Epcot. After visiting Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, I was appreciative of how future thinking WDW was built and designed to accomodate the public in general.

You do want to meet them, unlike a Disney resort property there don't take care of your food like that. It's been some time but sombody had a delivery left and they did charge the person, and the fee was pretty high as it's based on their business service package delivery rates. That said things change so you can always call them to ask too.

We had zero issues with our Uber/Lyft rides while at the Swan. You can use the Minnie Van Service as well around the parks, but you can't use it to/from the airport at S/D.

I looked at this as well - the most economical option for us was to actually rent a car from Alamo (full size for $58) stop at Publix and the character warehouse on our way to the hotel and then use the rental car return at the Dolphin. A regular Lyft/Uber is about $40 with tip. We certainly would have spent the extra $18 in additional Lyft fees and delivery fees/charges from Instacart, so it made sense to us. Plus then we're in control of our own traveling from the airport. We'll use Lyft to go back to MCO at the end of our trip, so probably around $100 total for 2 of us vs. the $76 for the mears shuttle round trip.

I looked at this as well - the most economical option for us was to actually rent a car from Alamo (full size for $58) stop at Publix and the character warehouse on our way to the hotel and then use the rental car return at the Dolphin.

This is an excellent idea. I think lately the Character Warehouse store has been oddly slammed in the mornings (with a huge line waiting to get in). We were there in August and by the time we showed up and got inside (around noon) it looked like half the store had been bought already - it was weird! :( I think the problem is continuing so I may just have to plan to get up early one morning and uber over there and wait it out like it's the line to ride 7DMT - lol! :crazy2:

I may forgo the drinks and snacks this time - do they sell any packs of bottled water in the gift shop? I am definitely looking forward to staying in that location again!

We had zero issues with our Uber/Lyft rides while at the Swan. You can use the Minnie Van Service as well around the parks, but you can't use it to/from the airport at S/D.

We have little kids and would want to come back to the hotel for afternoon naps, but have heard that it may take upto 30-45min from the parks (MK and AK). The kids will fall asleep in the bus ride, so I was thinking of taking the bus in the morning to the parks but in the afternoon and night we want to take uber/lyft/minnie van. Can someone tell me where outside of MK and AK will i be able to get these? and how much approximately will it cost us?

We are also going to take uber/lyft from the airport, but we get there around lunch time and the kids will be hungry, is there anything that we can get from the arrival area of the airport?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter