Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I just meant is the daily rate Marriott is giving me the daily rate including the resort fee bc it seems like that from the wording. Or would I be expected to pay the resort fee when I get there?
If it’s included then I’m getting a good deal and will change from my Disney resort, but if it’s an extra charge then I’ll keep my Disney resort...

Are you booking from the Marriott website? On my phone it shows you the total price including the resort fee once you click through.

A8DEB582-AF77-44F1-BDBA-2F5F7BF606EB.jpeg
7827B51E-9155-41E5-A3A1-1542FF0B0647.jpeg

I was just thinking about booking directly with Marriott and they quoted one price. Then they mentioned in the fine print under “additional fees” that if you parked that it would be $25/day, which I knew.
But there was no mention of the resort fee...
Under “hotel messages” this is the wording used for the daily resort fee:
“Daily resort fee of USD 30 plus tax added to the room rate includes high-speed internet in guest room and more.”

This wording and the fact that it isn’t listed under “additional charges” makes it seem like the resort fee is already included in the room price. Is this the case? Or are they just being (purposefully?) misleading?
No the resort fee is not included in the the published room rate(s). It is always an additional fee just like parking if you make use of the parking facilities.

Here is the list of what is provided as part of the "Resort Fee":

The Resort Service Package fee is $30 plus taxs ($1.95 + $1.80 daily).

• Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club
• Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls
• 2 bottles of water refreshed daily
• In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access
• Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes
• Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities
• $30 off spa services of $175 or more - (1) offer per room, per night
• Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals
• Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at our evening Campfire & S'mores event

Dave

Are you booking from the Marriott website? On my phone it shows you the total price including the resort fee once you click through.

View attachment 406539
View attachment 406540
No the resort fee is not included in the the published room rate(s). It is always an additional fee just like parking if you make use of the parking facilities.

Here is the list of what is provided as part of the "Resort Fee":

The Resort Service Package fee is $30 plus taxs ($1.95 + $1.80 daily).

• Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club
• Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls
• 2 bottles of water refreshed daily
• In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access
• Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes
• Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities
• $30 off spa services of $175 or more - (1) offer per room, per night
• Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals
• Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at our evening Campfire & S'mores event

Dave
This is the discrepancy I see. It makes it seem like it is already included in the total when on the web site. However, in the past I’ve only paid the resort fee once at the hotel.

I’m going to have to call Marriott to find out but with all of the Bonvoy issues preferred something in writing.

I’m being super indecisive about which resort to choose for an upcoming trip. I’m the worst.

I have a reservation for the Labour day weekend and my fast pass day is coming up quickly. My sister and I are going with my DD, but my DD is not listed on our room reservation. From everything I've read it seems that this shouldn't be a problem for fast passes. I just want someone to tell me if I'm right or if I need to call them to have her added. All three of us have tickets linked to a package that starts at the end of our Dolphin stay. Does that change my fast pass day because it's a split stay? Thanks for all the help, this thread has been incredible!

I have a reservation for the Labour day weekend and my fast pass day is coming up quickly. My sister and I are going with my DD, but my DD is not listed on our room reservation. From everything I've read it seems that this shouldn't be a problem for fast passes. I just want someone to tell me if I'm right or if I need to call them to have her added. All three of us have tickets linked to a package that starts at the end of our Dolphin stay. Does that change my fast pass day because it's a split stay? Thanks for all the help, this thread has been incredible!
I believe when tickets are purchased as part of a package, the ticket start date is the same as check in, so you would not be able to make FP until 60 days before that date.
Do you have your Dolphin reservation linked to MDE? When I linked mine, I was able to fill in names for everyone staying in the room.

@Micharlotte I would say everyone that is going should be listed on MDE and on your reservation. It sounds like you are planning on staying at the Dolphin and not visiting the parks, if that is the case being linked to MDE isn't vital but put on the reservation is.

Hi everyone. This is more related to Garden Grove, but I thought I'd ask here. We're traveling down in December and our 180 day window for dining reservations opens up this week. We were thinking of doing a weekend character breakfast at Garden Grove while we're down there. But when I checked this morning, the restaurant's page no longer had a breakfast or lunch menu, and their open hours only listed dinner (5-10 PM). Anyone know if this is a permanent change?

@umasstpt12 I'm not sure which page you are looking at. I just looked at the Garden Grove on the Swan Dolphin Restaurant site. You can book with OpenTable or call. I'd be inclined to call to verify.

@SteveH the forum isn't letting me post the links, but the page for the restaurant on the Disney World website only listed hours are 5-9:30 PM. Both on Disney and OpenTable, you can't pick a reservation time on any day for earlier than 5 PM. Additionally, the page for the breakfast menu on the Disney World site doesn't exist anymore.

Hi everyone. This is more related to Garden Grove, but I thought I'd ask here. We're traveling down in December and our 180 day window for dining reservations opens up this week. We were thinking of doing a weekend character breakfast at Garden Grove while we're down there. But when I checked this morning, the restaurant's page no longer had a breakfast or lunch menu, and their open hours only listed dinner (5-10 PM). Anyone know if this is a permanent change?
@umasstpt12 I'm not sure which page you are looking at. I just looked at the Garden Grove on the Swan Dolphin Restaurant site. You can book with OpenTable or call. I'd be inclined to call to verify.
@SteveH the forum isn't letting me post the links, but the page for the restaurant on the Disney World website only listed hours are 5-9:30 PM. Both on Disney and OpenTable, you can't pick a reservation time on any day for earlier than 5 PM. Additionally, the page for the breakfast menu on the Disney World site doesn't exist anymore.
Welcome to the dis, umass.

I would give the S/D restaurant number a call to verify.

S/D restaurants' phone 407-934-1609

@umasstpt12 I agree with Dan a call would probably the the most reassuring thing to do. You can also email then at , dining@swandolphin.com
Generally speaking getting a spot at the GG for breakfast isn't a problem, but it is concerning that its not showing up on the Disney Site. I wonder if change is afoot.

Garden Grove Menus
When I download the Breakfast menu and check it was updated April 1, 2019.

It has been that way for quite some time. No reservations, first come first serve. It it not crazy like Disney crowds. Reservations cause more troube then they could possibly fix.

Dave

Just an FYI for anyone who is looking to book and is a Costco member - they're currently doing free double upgrades to Balcony Resort View rooms. I was able to call and modify my September/October trip to get this double upgrade at the Dolphin.

Just an FYI for anyone who is looking to book and is a Costco member - they're currently doing free double upgrades to Balcony Resort View rooms. I was able to call and modify my September/October trip to get this double upgrade at the Dolphin.
:thumbsup2 Way to go!

We want to grab food and go after check in at the Swan to eat as we make our way to Hollywood Studios. Any suggestions on a place that's on the way and offers quick options? Something close to the lobby maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter