Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We walked to the Boardwalk in the morning for rope drop, and took a bus back to the Yacht Club. Not too much of a hassle, but still, S&D really need to restore full Disney bus service.

What time would you suggest to get to the Boardwalk bus stop for MK rope drop? We're going to MK the first morning after a late arrival. I was planning to walk the route to get my bearings but if it's as easy as walking through the hotel, I'll just go to bed when we arrive.

If we rent a pool cabana for the day is it ok to leave for a while for a food and wine run and come back?

...I was planning to walk the route to get my bearings but if it's as easy as walking through the hotel, I'll just go to bed when we arrive.
Good plan, you can save some steps/time walking through the hotel, but you can go around if you prefer, but you shouldn't have any reason to go around.

Attachments

• SwanDolphin to Boardwalk.png
    SwanDolphin to Boardwalk.png
    854.5 KB · Views: 48
What time would you suggest to get to the Boardwalk bus stop for MK rope drop?
If you want to make sure you're there on time, buses generally start running at 6:30. If you want to be sure, 6:15. Bring coffee and donuts with you and relax a bit. No rushing, no sweating it out..... unless it's really hot that morning.

What time would you suggest to get to the Boardwalk bus stop for MK rope drop? We're going to MK the first morning after a late arrival. I was planning to walk the route to get my bearings but if it's as easy as walking through the hotel, I'll just go to bed when we arrive.
It really is as simple as just walking through the hotel.

As of this past weekend, MK didn't open until 9:00, and they were not letting anyone onto the rides until then. (Unlike DHS, which was unofficially opening earlier.) I think we walked over to Boardwalk around 8:00. We got there just as a bus was pulling up, but there were too many people ahead of us in line to get on. 10 minutes later, the next bus came, and we got seats. We got to MK in plenty of time to enter the park and join the throngs of people waiting outside of Tomorrowland. I think were there around 8:40 or so. We got lucky at rope drop and were able to move more efficiently than most of the crowd, and ended up in the first few dozen people on Space Mountain. If you want to be sure to be close the front of the rope drop crowd, I think I would try to get to Boardwalk an hour and 15 minutes before opening. I believe the first buses are supposed to arrive a hour before opening. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

Hello, everyone! Longtime reader here, first time poster! I'm a Marriott Titanium Elite member and will be staying at the Swan Reserve for the 50th. I'm wondering if anyone with Bonvoy status can tell me the perks the S/D are giving at the moment. I've stayed in years past at S/D but am not sure I've seen on this thread the impact of perks to status holders.

Free breakfast? If so, what is the situation?

I've put in for a room upgrade with my certificates, but am already in a suite overlooking Epcot so only hoping for an even higher tier room if that works out.

Anything else? I appreciate you all!
Choice of points or breakfast vouchers. You MAY get an upgrade, but don’t count on it. I’m lifetime titanium and it rarely happens. Don’t count on late checkout past 1:00 PM. That’s about all you can expect. Oh, and be sure you get your 125 points per day for the resort fee (you can’t get out of the resort fee), and don’t get your hopes up for daily housekeeping. It’s a crapshoot at best.

Hello, I booked a package for the Swan via Costco.

Do I have to input the stay into my MDE to get the booking window for the 60+ ADR? If so, does anyone know where I get the reservation number? I tried the number sent into MDE and it doesn't work. I got a ticket reservation number but that was only the tickets.

Never used Costco, so I wasn't sure what I needed but the room was $200 a night on 10/1 vs the $300 plus Disney wanted for even their value resorts so I jumped on it but now I don't know how to ensure I can get my dining for the week since I know it will be crazy that week and I will need the 60+ days for my ADRs.

Thanks

You can call the resort and they will give you a MDE compatible reservation number. It can take a few days for a new reservation to show up in their systems.

You can call the resort and they will give you a MDE compatible reservation number. It can take a few days for a new reservation to show up in their systems.
For some reason MDE won't take my number. Just got off chat with Dolphin, and it is the correct number. Also did a chat with Disney through the MDE app and they tried and then told me to call Dolphin. At least thought my chat withDolphin I know my reservation is OK. My trip is in a couple of weeks, booked in June and got the couple of ADR I wanted. So I guess it is unimportant that I can't link it.

For some reason MDE won't take my number. Just got off chat with Dolphin, and it is the correct number. Also did a chat with Disney through the MDE app and they tried and then told me to call Dolphin. At least thought my chat withDolphin I know my reservation is OK. My trip is in a couple of weeks, booked in June and got the couple of ADR I wanted. So I guess it is unimportant that I can't link it.

Do the Boardwalk or Yacht Club Disney busses start running earlier for Animal Kingdom than the Mears busses from Dolphin? For Animal Kingdom they both drop off around the same area, unlike MK, correct? Is there a reason to not ride the Mears busses on my Animal Kingdom Day. ? I know it's not a long walk to the other hotels, but I might as well save a few steps if it's not an advantage to do so.

I think AK will be my granddaughters favorite park, so want to squeeze in all the time we can

Do the Boardwalk or Yacht Club Disney busses start running earlier for Animal Kingdom than the Mears busses from Dolphin? For Animal Kingdom they both drop off around the same area, unlike MK, correct? Is there a reason to not ride the Mears busses on my Animal Kingdom Day. ? I know it's not a long walk to the other hotels, but I might as well save a few steps if it's not an advantage to do so.

I think AK will be my granddaughters favorite park, so want to squeeze in all the time we can
There are maps a couple pages back that are going to show you exactly where animal kingdom drops off. essentially the same distance as the Disney buses. - post 15012

There are maps a couple pages back that are going to show you exactly where animal kingdom drops off. essentially the same distance as the Disney buses. - post 15012
I almost like the Swan/Dolphin Bus drop off spot better than the Disney buses at AK - feels like less walking. Though, I usually take a Disney bus BACK since I have a bigger shot of a bus more quickly between BC, BW, and HS

I couldn’t link on the app but when I went to the website I got it to work.

Keep in mind the Swan/Dolphin buses to AK go through the regular car lanes and not the Disney bus lanes. This means if you are going at a busy time of the day, they have to wait in line at the toll booths like everyone else, the Disney buses have their own lanes and do not have to wait. At least, that is what happened in April when I went. It was no big deal for me as I wasn't really in a hurry to get anywhere, it was a tad after park opening. They do use an outside lane but they did have to wait for all the cars in front of them to go through the toll booths. The walk from the drop off didn't seem any longer for me. I park hopped to another park from there so didn't deal with them leaving.

The day I went to MK, I walked over to YC but only because I was planning on getting a breakfast sandwich or something at their QS and sitting there and eating. You had to mobile order and I wasn't aware of that so I just hopped on a bus instead. There were two lines at the bus stop, one that was supposed to be for MK and one for the other parks but people weren't really standing in the right lines and it was still the usual cluster that happens at the deluxe bus stops. I took a bus to BW on the way back. I just used the steps beside the back porch that lead to the BW instead of going through the resort, not sure why but it seemed easier for me.

Back when SwanDolphin updated their website they dropped the page they had about tips on linking your S/D reservation to the My Disney Experience/MDE. I have been unable to find it or even find the old page using The Wayback Machine. Did anyone happen to capture the info from that page? I am hoping they bring that page back, but so far I can't find that info on the website or the app.

For those following Swan Reserve, I checked today and saw room availability seems to be pushed back again? First date available for booking is 9/22 at the bargain basement price of over $1k/night when taxes are included for a most basic level room 😂 Rates drop back to normal 10/1.

Wondering if those means they’re gonna try to open last week of Sept to a small amount of guests and then ramp to full open 10/1 or if Marrriott just hasn’t finished pulling all Sept the inventory from booking or something else entirely…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter