Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We were at the Swan. Other then the bathroom situation which I still find VERY odd, (seriously? Why are BOTH sinks behind the door??) we had a really good time and I have no other complaints. The pool area was full by 10:45 when we got there Saturday morning but found a few loungers on the beach area close to the pool. The line for drinks at The pool bar was looooooong but it didn’t really bother me. The guy behind me whined the whole time though. The bed was super comfy and the view was nice. We were on the 11th floor East so looking out onto the Swan parking lot. They’ve started back with mobile in room dining so we had breakfast in bed one morning which was beautiful! We never rode any of the buses because MK was our check out day so we just drove over there. Otherwise we walked where we needed to go. It was overall a great stay.

The Swan has various bathroom set ups. Most of my stays we had a sink outside of the bathroom, and one inside with the toilet and shower. One trip we had the set up with both sinks inside, and were not thrilled. Only good thing was it was a sister's trip so it wasn't a big deal.

I'm not aware of an AP discount but as part of the resort fee, there should be a $30 discount on services if spending at least $175.

I don't see it listed now, maybe it is gone? Best to make a phone call to verify.

https://swandolphin.com/feedback/reserve/
DVC members also should have a discount.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...-relaxation/discount-mandara-spa-disneyworld/

Ah ok. I am staying at YC so no resort fee. I'll give them a call, doesn't hurt to ask! Thanks for the info.

The Swan has various bathroom set ups. Most of my stays we had a sink outside of the bathroom, and one inside with the toilet and shower. One trip we had the set up with both sinks inside, and were not thrilled. Only good thing was it was a sister's trip so it wasn't a big deal.
It was seriously sooo odd. But it worked out fine. 😂

Anyone have a good picture / map / knowledge for where the Swan Reserve is located? Looking at booking for early December and options are Dolphin or Swan Reserve and I'm curious where SR is in relation to transportation options and walkways. The Marriot website puts the location here (top right), which has...gotta be wrong, right? 😆

The best photo I've found is this one, from wdwforgrownups but it doesn't really show any paths that surround.

But if I compare to the wdw official map, puts the hotel around where the blue X is...?

The path I've drawn the red line next to, would that get us to Hollywood Studios?

Anyone have a good picture / map / knowledge for where the Swan Reserve is located? Looking at booking for early December and options are Dolphin or Swan Reserve and I'm curious where SR is in relation to transportation options and walkways. The Marriot website puts the location here (top right), which has...gotta be wrong, right? 😆

View attachment 575785

The best photo I've found is this one, from wdwforgrownups but it doesn't really show any paths that surround.

View attachment 575786

But if I compare to the wdw official map, puts the hotel around where the blue X is...?

View attachment 575787

The path I've drawn the red line next to, would that get us to Hollywood Studios?
Google Maps shows it in the right spot...

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.365776,-81.5598283,18zhttps://www.google.com/maps/@28.365776,-81.5598283,713m/data=!3m1!1e3
It's where the Swan's tennis courts used to be, on the other side of Epcot Resorts Blvd. from the Swan - right next to the Fantasia Gardens mini golf.

Does anyone know if Mandara offers an AP discount? I booked myself an appointment there since Senses is still closed and I couldn't manage to get a cabana for my rest day at YC.
check groupon, most recently they had a 50% off groupon for Mandara that had to be used by 5/31. a new offer will probably come out sometime the beginning of June.

check groupon, most recently they had a 50% off groupon for Mandara that had to be used by 5/31. a new offer will probably come out sometime the beginning of June.

I’ll keep checking...I looked for one before I booked it but no dice. Hopefully another one comes out before 6/3!

Google Maps shows it in the right spot...

It's where the Swan's tennis courts used to be, on the other side of Epcot Resorts Blvd. from the Swan - right next to the Fantasia Gardens mini golf.
Yes, just keep going east on Buena Vista Drive to get over the bridge and then go down to the sidewalk along the waterway. I've run that route many times.

Thanks! I missed spotting that on Google maps. I tried the Google directions and they were able to map the walk time. EPCOT from Dolphin = 12 minutes, Swan Reserve = 14 minutes, Hollywood Studios both are 27 minutes. The walk to the nearest boat launch, Dolphin = 4 minutes, Swan Reserve = 5 minutes. So...much of a muchness!

Thanks! I missed spotting that on Google maps. I tried the Google directions and they were able to map the walk time. EPCOT from Dolphin = 12 minutes, Swan Reserve = 14 minutes, Hollywood Studios both are 27 minutes. The walk to the nearest boat launch, Dolphin = 4 minutes, Swan Reserve = 5 minutes. So...much of a muchness!
Thank you for this! We wanted to stay at BC for the walkability, but can't justify the cost. We've narrowed it down to CBR or Swan Reserve but I could not figure out how bad the walk would be. We'll be with my parents, who are in their 70s, so I want to make sure we can minimize out of park walking if possible.

Less than three weeks to go until our first stay at the Dolphin! I have been avidly reading through the past 50 pages or so here and have finally caught up😂. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1. We have a reservation for a Deluxe king alcove with connecting double. It sounds like that’s basically two connecting rooms, so each room would have its own bathroom, right?

2. We have a couple of midweek cabana days, one at the lap pool and one at the Grotto. After getting checked in, will it be okay to come and go or does someone have to be there all day to keep it reserved? If it is okay to leave and come back, will we have to recheck in?

3. I have a breakfast reservation at the Contemporary. I know they’re being stingy about letting people in without one, but has anyone had trouble going in for their reservation early? I was hoping to look around the resort a little.

Thanks for all of the great info!!

Thank you for this! We wanted to stay at BC for the walkability, but can't justify the cost. We've narrowed it down to CBR or Swan Reserve but I could not figure out how bad the walk would be. We'll be with my parents, who are in their 70s, so I want to make sure we can minimize out of park walking if possible.
I would think the Swan (not reserve) would be best for you if walking/distance is a big factor. For one, the Swan is right next to the boat launches and second, it is a smaller (than the dolphin) resort so there is less walking in the hallways of the hotel. While the reserve isn't that much farther away it is still more walking and crossing of a road. Just my 10 cents.

I would think the Swan (not reserve) would be best for you if walking/distance is a big factor. For one, the Swan is right next to the boat launches and second, it is a smaller (than the dolphin) resort so there is less walking in the hallways of the hotel. While the reserve isn't that much farther away it is still more walking and crossing of a road. Just my 10 cents.
Sadly it's booked 😢

ETA - The Dolphin is booked. The Swan rates are just slightly lower than BC. Swan Reserve is closer to CBR rates.

Last edited:
Less than three weeks to go until our first stay at the Dolphin! I have been avidly reading through the past 50 pages or so here and have finally caught up😂. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1. We have a reservation for a Deluxe king alcove with connecting double. It sounds like that’s basically two connecting rooms, so each room would have its own bathroom, right?

2. We have a couple of midweek cabana days, one at the lap pool and one at the Grotto. After getting checked in, will it be okay to come and go or does someone have to be there all day to keep it reserved? If it is okay to leave and come back, will we have to recheck in?

3. I have a breakfast reservation at the Contemporary. I know they’re being stingy about letting people in without one, but has anyone had trouble going in for their reservation early? I was hoping to look around the resort a little.

Thanks for all of the great info!!

Hi! Have so much fun! I was just at swan in April and can help a little:

2. I didn’t have my own cabana but I spent enough time at the swan lap pool to notice that some people did not spend their whole day, and did come and go. I would just make sure you tell the staff you aren’t done for the day so they don’t clear out your towels and stuff.

3. We had two meals booked at CR, a lunch and a dinner. The lunch we drove ourselves, and I just showed my Id and reservation details on my phone to the guard and she told us where to park. The Uber was even easier. And both times we were a bit early because for lunch, we weren’t sure about protocol, and for dinner I wanted shop a bit before we ate, and neither was an issue.

Hope this helps!

I have a breakfast reservation at the Contemporary. I know they’re being stingy about letting people in without one, but has anyone had trouble going in for their reservation early? I was hoping to look around the resort a little.
You should welcome to arrive more then 1 hour early with no issues as long as you have a valid ADR. And by you will welcome the reduced congestion as they are in-forcing the rules to keep unneeded traffic down at the resort parking area.

Sure they are just tying to limit the extra traffic from Uber/Lyft drop offs that cause backups and guests tying to avoid paying for parking at the TTC or waiting for Guest transportation.

Uber/Lyft drivers have been know to now stop in the middle of traffic to drop of guests to walk to the MK via the walkway.

If guests did not abuse the parking privileges at the CR, Poly, and GF for MK it would not come to this harsh enforcement. This also become an issue recently when the walk-way opened at the GF with increased guests attempting to use the GF as a guest drop off location vs using the the proper TTC guest drop-off area.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter