Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

There is a parking fee for each in and out by a non-registered guest. $29, $39 valet. For registered guest, $29/$39 per day.
Right I understand that you can pay to park there but I was wondering if the signs above indicate that 2021 is no longer going to allowed non-registered guest

Clearly Disney knows the some S/D guests are walking to YC/BC or BW to grab a direct bus. While we don't know the details of the negotiation between S/D & Disney things don't really add up. Disney gets a cut of every overnight guest, the resort is "on" property and S/D guests can use Disney boat transportation. Plus in reality non guests can hop on a bus to get to any resort. So the signs are just acting as a scare tactic. But really to solve the problem we need S/D to get back on aboard with the Disney Bus system. I wish we knew how long this current contract was for.

So to get to MK you have a few options;
  • Your own vehicle to TTC then get on the boat or monorail
  • Take the S/D Mears bus to TTC then get on the boat or monorail
  • Uber/Lyft to Bay Lake Towers or CR (may require having an ADR or mobile order
  • Walk over to YC/BC or BW and ignore the sign and get on the bus

The bus fiasco seems to be a big deal when looking at some of the threads I have been following. I suggested the Swan to someone recently when planning a trip. They usually stay at AKL but wanted a cheaper trip this year. They chose POP over the Swan, even though the price was exactly the same, because of the "bus situation". Seems a bit extreme to me.

We took the Boardwalk bus (it showed up before the Yacht Club) back and walked to the Swan around MK close last week without a problem.

ETA: This was a last minute surprise trip my DH booked and I missed the whole Mears switch and was very surprised when we pulled into the TTC like peasants 😜

Last edited:

Promotional rates for Swan and Dolphin are renewed for 2021.

There is up to a 25% discount for nurses, teachers and school staff, military, government workers, AAA, and seniors. A discount up to 30% is available for current APs and FL residents, with qualification verified when checking in. All are subject to availability.

Asking for a friend with 3 children. Are there any options for their family of 5 at Swan? I know the answer has probably been mentioned a million times prior, but I’ve never really paid attention since we are a 4some.

Asking for a friend with 3 children. Are there any options for their family of 5 at Swan? I know the answer has probably been mentioned a million times prior, but I’ve never really paid attention since we are a 4some.

They frequently have an offer for a second connecting room for a big discount. For a family of five, that, or a suite that can accommodate five works. We did years ago get a connecting room for only $100/night extra for our kids. Queen/queen rooms can’t accommodate a rollaway bed, but even if it could, it would be way too tight (and sharing one bathroom would be a lot; we stopped sharing one room well over 13 years ago; no one got enough sleep). For suites, it’s best to call to see what is available.

They frequently have an offer for a second connecting room for a big discount. For a family of five, that, or a suite that can accommodate five works. We did years ago get a connecting room for only $100/night extra for our kids. Queen/queen rooms can’t accommodate a rollaway bed, but even if it could, it would be way too tight (and sharing one bathroom would be a lot; we stopped sharing one room well over 13 years ago; no one got enough sleep). For suites, it’s best to call to see what is available.
@MarBee I don't think they will allow 5 in a room at the Swan, but they will over at the Dolphin. But @happymommy has soem great comments about the suites.
Thanks to both of you for the responses!
I’m assuming a connecting room discount is one that you’d have to call about, correct? I’m also going to assume that you have to then pay the resort fees for both rooms too. Just want to make sure before I relay the info :)

Yes I think you have to call, and that silly resort fee probably applies (they didn’t have a resort fee back in the day when I got the connecting room).

Thanks to both of you for the responses!
I’m assuming a connecting room discount is one that you’d have to call about, correct? I’m also going to assume that you have to then pay the resort fees for both rooms too. Just want to make sure before I relay the info :)

This is the offer:

Stay Connected! Now is the perfect time for you and your family to stay with us at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels. Book any rate plan listed below, then call us at 888-828-8850 to reserve a second guest room starting as low as $145. Be sure to ask for "Stay Connected" when you call! (Subject to Availability).

That room rate for the 2nd room seems high, with all of the current promo rates - I think it is just out of date.

Yes I think you have to call, and that silly resort fee probably applies (they didn’t have a resort fee back in the day when I got the connecting room).
This is the offer:

Stay Connected! Now is the perfect time for you and your family to stay with us at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels. Book any rate plan listed below, then call us at 888-828-8850 to reserve a second guest room starting as low as $145. Be sure to ask for "Stay Connected" when you call! (Subject to Availability).

That room rate for the 2nd room seems high, with all of the current promo rates - I think it is just out of date.
Thanks again! :)

I have a few questions

Is picabu up and running in any capacity?

are the refillable swan-dolphin mugs still for sale?

Does this hotel charge for parking if you have a handicap plackard?

Thanks!

@tuckerkeys Picabu is not operating at this time, if you don't yet have the Swan/Dolphin app I'll recommend it you will find things like which restaurants are open and which days and hours. S/D App

No refillable mugs from previous reports.

I don't think they charge for handicap parking but I'm not 100% sure I can't recall that discussion on there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter