Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Do you get a Magic Band if you're staying at the Dolphin? I know you can't charge to your room on them but do you get them for the park entrance etc?

He didn't happen to say (or hint) when in June did he? We'll be there 5th-10th.
No, no specific date, just June.

Do you get a Magic Band if you're staying at the Dolphin? I know you can't charge to your room on them but do you get them for the park entrance etc?

No bands given free at S/D, maybe in the future. If you have bands from a previous Disney resort stay, they will work on all future trips, regardless if at the S/D or offsite.

Here is a good rundown on Denise's site on purchasing bands if desired, $12.95, along with all kinds of accessories.

http://www.mousesteps.com/denises-c...-magicbands-now-for-sale-at-the-magic-kingdom

Thanks Dan glad you had a great trip :goodvibes
Thanks.

Dan, Did you eat at any Swan/Dolphin restaurants? If so, where did you eat, and more importantly what did you have that was good?

I think way too much about food. :)
Just a couple, Patty. Picabu and The Fountain, AAA at both.

At Picabu I had the half roast chicken meal, my daughter had build your own burger. I think one of the boys had mac and cheese, the other boy is a tough eater, not sure what he had. Both meals were excellent.

At Fountain, I had chicken ceasar salad, excellent. Not sure what anyone else had. And ice cream several times during our stay. :cool1: One tip, their single scoop is a double, their double is a quadruple.

I've never had any bad food at either S or D on all my trips there.

It's been a few years since I've stayed at the Swan / Dolphin.

Just wondering if they will still waive the Resort Fee, which is now $20 per day, or if that's a thing in the past? I don't use any of those items covered in the fee. That along with the parking fees really add up. Otherwise, I love the resorts!

We are booked at the Dolphin in September. I wasn't sure if the Swan & Dolphin would do anything to compete with Disney releasing free dining? Will they wave any parking/resort fees, or give gift cards? Just wasn't sure and thought I would give it a shot! Thanks for any input!

cinderella'smommy said:
Alrighty---starting to think about next year's vacation (this year we are skipping Disney to go to Yellowstone).

So, I am looking at rates for the Swan/Dolphin for both June 2015 and March 2015; and the rates seem kinda high from what I am used to (pushing $300 a night for basic/no view room). Just wondering if those rates will come down as we get closer; maybe its just too early to get a good sense of what the rates will be? Hopefully???

We just love the Swan/Dolphin. We really don't want to stay anywhere else!

:worried:

They should go down, especially for June because it is the summer season (I.e. usually lower rates). AAA membership can be helpful too.

We are booked at the Dolphin in September. I wasn't sure if the Swan & Dolphin would do anything to compete with Disney releasing free dining? Will they wave any parking/resort fees, or give gift cards? Just wasn't sure and thought I would give it a shot! Thanks for any input!
I don't think they have to compete as even once you factor in free dining S/D is way cheaper than any Epcot resort. I have heard of Platinum members having the resort fee waived or sometimes given breakfast vouchers but that's only because if you are Platinum you get free internet at every property. When a resort fee specifies it includes internet most properties will try to make it up to the Platinum member so they aren't charging for something they are supposed to be getting for free,

We are considering booking with points. The description of the standard room with 2 double beds says "limited view". The description of the standard room with a King bed does NOT state "limited view." If we are hoping for an upgrade :goodvibes does it matter which type of room we book? We would like a better view (King room?) but we assume there are more double bedded rooms so therefore better possibility for an upgrade? Anyone have any advice? TIA!

We are considering booking with points. The description of the standard room with 2 double beds says "limited view". The description of the standard room with a King bed does NOT state "limited view." If we are hoping for an upgrade :goodvibes does it matter which type of room we book? We would like a better view (King room?) but we assume there are more double bedded rooms so therefore better possibility for an upgrade? Anyone have any advice? TIA!

If you call you can book balcony rooms, Epcot view etc with points. You only get the standard room online.

Thanks so much for that info! Do you know how many points are required for resort view with balcony or Epcot view or any other type of room other than standard? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter