Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Just back from 4 days at the Dolphin. This was our first stay here after staying only at Disney properties (WL, POR, BWI). I got a great price of $151.00 by making a BRG claim. Resort fee is $30, and we didn’t have a car, so no worry about parking fees. I am a plat elite, so I also applied to have my suite nights used on this reservation and it was accepted. We were given a premium studio king. Not much view, but a really great room with separate bedroom and living room. Our elite breakfast benefit was Continental and could be used in Fresh or Garden Grove And $8 to upgrade to full buffet, but we found the continental spread was more than enough, We preferred Fresh. Also had lunch in Fresh a few times. Great salads, excellent coffee and free dessert! The staff in Fresh were wonderful too.
We never took the friendship boats, but instead walked to Epcot and Hollywood studios. 10 min to Epcot and 15-20 to Hollywood Studios. The location cant be beat. We also took the bus to AK and MK. Hopped on the yacht club bus coming home one day as we missed our bus, and easy 5 min walk next door to the Dolphin.
Housekeeping did a great job. I used the messaging on the Marriott app to let them know when we were going out in the morning and they arranged for us to have early cleaning daily, so our room was always done when we returned. Bathrobes were not in the room, but a call down had one delivered right away. (with slippers!)
I would absolutely return to this hotel! We have always used Magical Express in the past, but even that is not really a loss with Uber/Lyft available now. The Disney hotels have become SO outrageously expensive and this hotel is a really good option especially as a Canadian since we also have to factor in the exchange rate. Yes, it is not “Disney”, but the location right in the centre of the “world” makes it feel like it is.

Hi All, looking at booking the Swan for a week in December. We normally stay at DVC but this trip is a late change in plans. Is there anything we should know before hitting that non-refundable go button? Would be me, my wife, and our 4yo.
If a non-refundable booking is not an issue for you at the Swan, you may want to look at this thread, before booking:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/priceline-express-deals.3598657/page-207#post-61177765
The Swan very frequently pops up as an Express deal, as you will see, reading through the thread. You may be able to save quite a bit.

If you have been to the Swan recently, can you tell me if the Java Coffee Bar area renovations are complete? I have an early November trip scheduled and I'm looking forward to the renovated coffee/snack area.
Thank you.

If you have been to the Swan recently, can you tell me if the Java Coffee Bar area renovations are complete? I have an early November trip scheduled and I'm looking forward to the renovated coffee/snack area.
Thank you.

It is lovely and I can wholeheartedly recommend the cold brew on a hot day! :love:

I'll be staying at the Dolphin for the first time Thanksgiving week. I don't know if it's worth making a room request via the concierge link. I booked directly through Sheraton and have a Traditional, 2 Double, No view. I like being near the pool and not too far from the walkway to Boardwalk. I'd like to be close to the bus stops, but that's not crucial. Any experienced Swan and Dolphin veterans have any recommendations?

I like being near the pool and not too far from the walkway to Boardwalk
Well, those two ideas are opposed to each other. One is to the west (the pools) and the other to the east (BW walkway), opposite ends of the resort.

But, whatever you think is important, (pools, bus, BW, or anything) for sure make a room request. They won't promise anything, but they do try to please their guests.

With the above requests, I'm asking other S/D folks here, is there an entrance/exit for the Swan that would exit near the Swan lap pool, similar to the exit at the Dolphin that exits near the locker rooms, out to the Dolphin lap pool area? Does that make sense? :scratchin

With the above requests, I'm asking other S/D folks here, is there an entrance/exit for the Swan that would exit near the Swan lap pool, similar to the exit at the Dolphin that exits near the locker rooms, out to the Dolphin lap pool area? Does that make sense? :scratchin

I 100% do not know, however, the Swan's gym, and also that one sandwich/pizza place is there. I'm pretty sure I've seen the sandwich/pizza place's doors open to the outside, and I kinda wanna say the gym as well. SO, if both have entryways into the hotel, it would stand to reason that if those doors are open from the outside, you should be able to walk into a hotel hallway.

As for PP looking for the room close to the BW walkway, pool, and busses, I'd say for a hard 2 out of 3, look at the row of rooms down the hallway from the Dolphin's gym, along that walkway next to that small body of water. The ones that face that outdoor walkway have sliding doors and patio sets. Not only are they super close to the pool system, but you have two secret paths to the bus stop. One is a zig zag upwards just next to the cabana bar, by the hotel entrance next to the gym, and the other is an escalator right next to Picabu, which is a short walk down the hallway from the gym. 120% perfect room for us, since we are hitting the pools at least once a day. I learned from our first stay, that the steps back and forth to the pool can add up over a week if you are far(ish) away.

I was just thinking the same thing. We were supposed to be there this coming weekend for our 30th anniversary (honeymooned in WDW) but our son hurt his knee and we had to cancel. :(

I was looking forward to a couple's weekend at some of the nicer lounges like Nomad Lounge. I always find them more romantic than restaurants and don't feel rushed to finish. It feels decadent to hang out in those lounges and watch everyone scurry by trying to get to their next FP.

*sigh*

Just booked a 3 night package with tickets through Disney for next September at the Dolphin. Will we still get charged the 30$ resort fee?

Our elite breakfast benefit was Continental and could be used in Fresh or Garden Grove And $8 to upgrade to full buffet, but we found the continental spread was more than enough,

Is the free breakfast a platinum elite benefit? Per day for everyone in the room?

I'm wondering how likely it is to get an upgraded room as a platinum elite - guess it will depend on what is available when we're there!

I 100% do not know, however, the Swan's gym, and also that one sandwich/pizza place is there. I'm pretty sure I've seen the sandwich/pizza place's doors open to the outside, and I kinda wanna say the gym as well. SO, if both have entryways into the hotel, it would stand to reason that if those doors are open from the outside, you should be able to walk into a hotel hallway.

As for PP looking for the room close to the BW walkway, pool, and busses, I'd say for a hard 2 out of 3, look at the row of rooms down the hallway from the Dolphin's gym, along that walkway next to that small body of water. The ones that face that outdoor walkway have sliding doors and patio sets. Not only are they super close to the pool system, but you have two secret paths to the bus stop. One is a zig zag upwards just next to the cabana bar, by the hotel entrance next to the gym, and the other is an escalator right next to Picabu, which is a short walk down the hallway from the gym. 120% perfect room for us, since we are hitting the pools at least once a day. I learned from our first stay, that the steps back and forth to the pool can add up over a week if you are far(ish) away.
Thanks, Chris. I thought I remembered you or someone else talking about the hallway near the workout room. If these rooms have patios, I'm sure they're in a different category than my standard room, "no view." I have never been anywhere inside the Dolphin except the lobby--is that area you're describing just the one floor or are there multiple floors in that area? Maybe there are rooms in that area that would be in my "no view" category. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter