Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I was just wondering if anyone has info on if the store in the swan has re opened yet or if not when it may be going to. We are going to be staying there in a couple of weeks and i was just curious if it would be re opened by then. Thanks

What service have people used for grocery delivery successfully here?
We used Amazon PrimeNow and met the driver in the drop off area with an empty suitcase and took it up to my room. It worked fine, except the driver almost no English and was sitting at the Dolphin and I was at the Swan, it took a manager from Amazon PrimeNow to get the message across to her that she was at the wrong hotel.
I was just wondering if anyone has info on if the store in the swan has re opened yet or if not when it may be going to. We are going to be staying there in a couple of weeks and i was just curious if it would be re opened by then. Thanks
@shoreward posted this photo on July 8th don't think there has been an update or an opening date posted yet.

We used Amazon PrimeNow and met the driver in the drop off area with an empty suitcase and took it up to my room. It worked fine, except the driver almost no English and was sitting at the Dolphin and I was at the Swan, it took a manager from Amazon PrimeNow to get the message across to her that she was at the wrong hotel.

@SteveH Did you give them special instructions in the delivery? I "heard" if they go to the front desk it can result in a significant charge so I'm trying to avoid that. Having not used Prime Now - are you able to track the driver in the app?

@louiesmom I just arranged to meet them the main entrance, both hotels have a turn around for cars, I met the driver there and unloaded the items right into my empty suitcase for the same reason you said. I was able to select the 8:15 delivery time so it didn't impact our first day at the parks. It all worked very well, minus the driver being at the wrong hotel. Each hotel has a slightly different address so do make sure you get that correct, I think in the notes you can reiterate which hotel you are at. They will have your cell # so the local office can call if there are issues, but probably won't happen.

This is my first stay at the Dolphin. We'll be visiting MK on our first day, and I'm trying to decide between using the bus or an Uber. Any thoughts? Just two adults. TIA!

Does anyone know and maybe if you have stayed at the Disney Swan Resort in a standard handicap room with a roll-in shower?

And what is the best website to go through to make a reservation with the Disney Swan Resort?

I am unable to find a Disney Resort for Sunday, December 9, 2019, to bridge my split stay between the Disney Pop Century Resort and the Disney Pop Century Resort.

I made a mistake when making reservations making my Disney Pop Century Resort and I stupidly messed up on the check out date.

I have stayed at the Disney Swan Resort many years ago before I needed a handicap room and I think things have changed since then.

I have been checking MyDisneyExperience every single day for months with no luck for Disney Pop Century Resort and I have a waitlist for Disney Pop Century Resort. But I am out of future points, but maybe I could pay cash as a DVC member.

I don't own a car, so I fly in and I use Disney transportation using my wheelchair.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ray Sharpton

What service have people used for grocery delivery successfully here?
We used Dizzy Dolphin. They were super nice and accommodating! Prices were good too. They met us in the lobby with a bell cart and we took to the room.

This is my first stay at the Dolphin. We'll be visiting MK on our first day, and I'm trying to decide between using the bus or an Uber. Any thoughts? Just two adults. TIA!
I have never had an issue with the buses there.
I’m not 100% sure on this but I believe if you Uber to MK the Uber drops you off at the TTC then you have to take the monorail or ferry over to MK. Seems like a hassle to me in comparison with the bus.

We've never had any issues getting the bus to MK. Getting home during quiet times they will share with Boardwalk, it goes BW/Swan/Dolphin as far as drop off/pick up. We did have more of a wait for AK and DS, but never MK. As @MarBee said if you take Uber to MK you will want to ask to be taken to Bay Lake Towers or Contemporary else you will be taken to TTC.

Does anyone know and maybe if you have stayed at the Disney Swan Resort in a standard handicap room with a roll-in shower?

And what is the best website to go through to make a reservation with the Disney Swan Resort?

I am unable to find a Disney Resort for Sunday, December 9, 2019, to bridge my split stay between the Disney Pop Century Resort and the Disney Pop Century Resort.

I made a mistake when making reservations making my Disney Pop Century Resort and I stupidly messed up on the check out date.

I have stayed at the Disney Swan Resort many years ago before I needed a handicap room and I think things have changed since then.

I have been checking MyDisneyExperience every single day for months with no luck for Disney Pop Century Resort and I have a waitlist for Disney Pop Century Resort. But I am out of future points, but maybe I could pay cash as a DVC member.

I don't own a car, so I fly in and I use Disney transportation using my wheelchair.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ray Sharpton
Ray, the Marriott website is the best, that said for booking an accessible room I'd be inclined to call the S/D directly 407.934.4000, ask for in-house reservations.
Found one photo of the shower for you, hope it helps.
mcosi-accessible-shower-5375-ver-clsc_P.jpg

We've always had good bus service on our stays. Uber is supposed to take you to TTC, so I'd hold out for the buses... I think at worst it'd be around the same length of time, if you had a longer bus wait vs getting to MK from TTC

The bus would be the easiest. Depending on season you might want to walk over to the Swan bus stop since the bus will stop there before going to the Dolphin bus stop.

As for using Uber, it you take one to MK they must drop you at the TTC where you would need to get on the Express or Resort monorail or a Ferry to MK. An alternative would be to Uber to the Contemporary and walk over to the MK from there. It is about a 5-7 minute walk.

Dave

Hi, Steve. Thank you so much.

We've never had any issues getting the bus to MK. Getting home during quiet times they will share with Boardwalk, it goes BW/Swan/Dolphin as far as drop off/pick up. We did have more of a wait for AK and DS, but never MK. As @MarBee said if you take Uber to MK you will want to ask to be taken to Bay Lake Towers or Contemporary else you will be taken to TTC.

Ray, the Marriott website is the best, that said for booking an accessible room I'd be inclined to call the S/D directly 407.934.4000, ask for in-house reservations.
Found one photo of the shower for you, hope it helps.
View attachment 417978

Thanks all. We'll be there tomorrow through Monday. I'm familiar with the drop at TTC/option to be dropped at Contemporary. We are always on site at a resort and usually have a car, either from driving over or flying in and renting. This trip is a whole new ball game from my usual Parks MO. I'm very excited to have a solo adult trip! I do have a co-worker traveling with, but if she gets hungry, thirsty, grumpy from walking too long or has to use the bathroom suddenly, it's not my problem! :)

Bus to MK is by far the preferred choice, unless taking a Minnie Van.

We used Amazon Prime Now, worked great. I met the driver in the Swan lobby. You can track on phone GPS.

It's not open, yet. I saw that the new quick service food/beverage location is to open this summer. I believe that the gift and sundries shop is not due to open until later this year. Unlike the new QS, there was no anticipated opening date on the sign posted on the temporary construction wall of the shop. There is a Disney gift/sundries shop at the Dolphin, which is just a five minute walk over the causeway, from the Swan. Picabu, also at the Dolphin, has limited sundries, as well as a good selection of food and beverages, and is open 24/7.
IMG_3363 (8).JPG

This may be a stupid question, but does the tv's at the Swan have the WDW Today channel where they show the parks time and play the Disney music? I believe they have the channel that shows all the rides and everything, but just wondering about the WDW Today channel.

TIA!
Thank you for asking this question, as it is one that I hadn't thought of and it, most likely, saved me a TON of future grief. I assumed (ouch) that the Swan had the same TV lineup as the Disney resorts. And as I now know , they don't. This was actually my DW's and DD's reason for deciding against staying here during this trip. Who knew that TV stations, or lack thereof, would be the deciding factor?

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!