Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Special offer available on my Bonvoy AMEX (old SPG) card:

DETAILS
Get a one-time $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ on room rate and room charges at participating properties in the Marriott Bonvoy™ portfolio from 3/25/19 to 6/3/19. Book at marriott.com. See terms for exclusions

OFFER TERMS
Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories. Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy App or by calling 1-888-236-2427. Excludes Marriott Vacation Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, and Marriott Executive Apartments®. Excludes gift card purchases. Not valid for online retail purchases. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled account must be active, in good standing and not in default to receive the statement credit. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 6/3/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.

I know Disney gift cards cannot be used at the resort, but does anyone recall if the cards are sold at either of the gift shops in the Swan or Dolphin? Thanks!

I know Disney gift cards cannot be used at the resort, but does anyone recall if the cards are sold at either of the gift shops in the Swan or Dolphin? Thanks!
I have never purchase any there, but confident they would be available at the two Disney stores there.

It’s not available on everyone’s card. I have both SPG Luxury and SPG Business and didn’t have the offer on either card.
That's why I stated the offer was available on my card, as different offers are on different cards. I couldn't believe that there was actually an offer I might use, instead of the usual "junk" offers on my personal Bonvoy AMEX.

That's why I stated the offer was available on my card, as different offers are on different cards. I couldn't believe that there was actually an offer I might use, instead of the usual "junk" offers on my personal Bonvoy AMEX.
I understood, not sure everyone else did. Sorry I was just clarifying.

Do we know if S/D is participating in this AMEX offer? Not saying they are not, but S/D frequently do not participate in various offers.

Do we know if S/D is participating in this AMEX offer? Not saying they are not, but S/D frequently do not participate in various offers.
Oh I hope they are doing the double your nights promo (not sure of the name - stay x nights and get "stay" credit for 2x). DH is counting on that. I think it was through Bonvoy rewards that he got the email and not through a card.

Can anyone tell me how the S/D refillable mugs work? How much are they and can you refill at pool or Fuel? I know they are not good at WDW locations.

Updated-Never mind. I was able to call and they said it may just be a typo in their system. So all set!

Hi all! I just booked our October F&W trip! I ended up booking a Deluxe Alcove room just in case our three kids want to come. My reservation states a 2 double bed with sofa bed alcove room. When I click on the room details maximum occupancy is 2 people. Should I be concerned?

Last edited:
Hello Everyone! I just wanted to thank this wonderful group for all the helpful information. We had a wonderful first stay at the Swan. I was worried my kids would miss the Disney theming because this is the first time we stayed at a " non-Disney " hotel, but they loved it! They said that the Swan and Polynesian are their top two hotels.
The room was a great size and the beds were so comfy. We loved watching the boats come and go from our balcony. Housekeeping was great and left us with plenty of extra water when I left a note with our daily tip. Also loved the complimentary lemonade and fruit water in the lobby. The gift shop was closed and when I asked, I believe they said it was reopening in the summer and they were adding a coffee bar. Transportation was great also, had to wait a little longer than 20 minutes twice, otherwise it was fine. Kids loved the burritos at Picabu and I appreciated the fact that they were open 24 hours. They wanted to wait and eat there after the parks closed so we had more time in the parks. Picabu and the Fountain took the AAA discount, but note that Picabu charges a 13% service charge.
Thanks again!!

Hello Everyone! I just wanted to thank this wonderful group for all the helpful information. We had a wonderful first stay at the Swan. I was worried my kids would miss the Disney theming because this is the first time we stayed at a " non-Disney " hotel, but they loved it! They said that the Swan and Polynesian are their top two hotels.
The room was a great size and the beds were so comfy. We loved watching the boats come and go from our balcony. Housekeeping was great and left us with plenty of extra water when I left a note with our daily tip. Also loved the complimentary lemonade and fruit water in the lobby. The gift shop was closed and when I asked, I believe they said it was reopening in the summer and they were adding a coffee bar. Transportation was great also, had to wait a little longer than 20 minutes twice, otherwise it was fine. Kids loved the burritos at Picabu and I appreciated the fact that they were open 24 hours. They wanted to wait and eat there after the parks closed so we had more time in the parks. Picabu and the Fountain took the AAA discount, but note that Picabu charges a 13% service charge.
Thanks again!!
Nice to see you back, Ariel. And thanks for the information in your mini trip report. Sounds like a fun trip.

Has anyone been to or have pictures of the renovated bar/lounge area at Shula's?

We're staying at the Swan for the first time later in April. We're staying for one night and then heading over to BWI. We have an early morning flight into MCO, so I'm curious about experiences with getting a room early and how they notify you of your room if one isn't available at check-in. I have the Bonvoy app and booked direct if that matters.

We checked in around 11:30 am at the Dolphin on our last trip and our room was not ready yet. After physically checking in, they texted us when our room was ready a little before 4 pm. I then had to go back to the front desk to get our room number and keys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter