Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thinking about staying at the Swan for our F&W weekend. I’ve read up on some of the differences than staying at a Disney property. I have a magic band from our previous trips- can I use that for our trip? Also how do I book fast passes? I can use my credit card for purchases throughout Disney since I won’t be able to charge to the room. And how do people get to and from the airport? I will probably have more questions but this is a good start! Thank you!

Thinking about staying at the Swan for our F&W weekend. I’ve read up on some of the differences than staying at a Disney property. I have a magic band from our previous trips- can I use that for our trip? Also how do I book fast passes? I can use my credit card for purchases throughout Disney since I won’t be able to charge to the room. And how do people get to and from the airport? I will probably have more questions but this is a good start! Thank you!

I'm staying at the Dolphin for F&W in September. We plan on using our old magic bands for tickets and fastpasses. Correct that you can't charge to the room.

We're just going to take a taxi or Uber/Lyft to and from the airport. Don't like dealing with rental cars if we don't have to!

You book fast passes the same. Once you get your confirmation number from the Swan, call Disney to get the Disney confirmation number to link it with MDE. 60 days out you can make your FP+ selections then, so make sure it's linked (there are different confirmation numbers, at least for me since I booked through Hotwire).

Yes you can use your old magic bands for park entry and fast passes. You can also use a physical ticket as well. (I personally like to use the bands though.)
You book fast passes the same way- online through my Disney experience at 60 days (or less) out from your first day.
I like to use Orlando Limo Tours car service to get from the airport bc I like knowing someone is there waiting and I’ll have proper car seats for my kids. However, you can use any car service, a mears shuttle, Uber, etc. to get to and from the airport.
Good luck planning! You’re going to love it

Adding on to two points - though more just confirming.

We just got back from 6 nights at the Dolphin. Bought our own bands and provided our own transportation to/from airport. (Rented a car - HUGE waste of money because our son drove down and had room for all of us in his mini-van. (He didn't get a special paint job for it, but he DID play Disney music).

I understand Magic Bands don't last forever (I guess the battery?). I've read you can count on 2-3 years; it's a consideration.

Minnie vans were all over - we never went anywhere without seeing one or more. Disney sells convenience at a premium - and incrementally the cost seems worth it every time. Their analytics department is first rate. I say that with true admiration (being in analytics myself).

As stated, S/D has all the onsite privileges except charging to the room via Magic Bands. Or even key card outside of the hotels themselves. Keep that in mind if that's important.

Also - realize the "hidden fees" of S/D. Parking is about $25 a day (another reason I feel DUMB DUMB DUMB for renting a car!) Sounds like that won't be an issue for you - but be SURE you tell them you don't have a car else they may assume you do and you'll be surprised. (Not saying that happens - they did ask me and my son on check in)

Another "hidden fee" is the mandatory resort fee. Makes the room seems cheaper than it is. You don't get anything truly special with it - just the standard coffee maker, refrigerator, no microwave, And two bottles of water every day. But despite that, it's STILL cheaper than other deluxe resorts on the grounds. Just make sure you factor that into the price (and they tax that too.)

The complex is wonderful - but you'll see conventioneers. Less so at the Swan though. I prefer the Swan (this was the first time at the Dolphin) but the room configuration we got was wonderful. (See an earlier post of mine on this thread if you want). Maybe not an issue for you, but we found the bar in the main lobby (Phins) at the Dolphin VERY noisy. We went over to the Swan once for some adult beverages and wished we had done it more often. But Phins stays open later - and we took advantage of that our last night (we didn't want it to end but once they started mopping the floor we figured - hey, it's time!)

The pool is first rate. Not quite Stormalong Bay, but pretty close. And the service there is top notch as well.

More questions? You have CERTAINLY come to the right place. The folks on here on incredibly helpful and enthusiastic.

I'm staying at the Dolphin for F&W in September. We plan on using our old magic bands for tickets and fastpasses. Correct that you can't charge to the room.

We're just going to take a taxi or Uber/Lyft to and from the airport. Don't like dealing with rental cars if we don't have to!

You book fast passes the same. Once you get your confirmation number from the Swan, call Disney to get the Disney confirmation number to link it with MDE. 60 days out you can make your FP+ selections then, so make sure it's linked (there are different confirmation numbers, at least for me since I booked through Hotwire).

Yes you can use your old magic bands for park entry and fast passes. You can also use a physical ticket as well. (I personally like to use the bands though.)
You book fast passes the same way- online through my Disney experience at 60 days (or less) out from your first day.
I like to use Orlando Limo Tours car service to get from the airport bc I like knowing someone is there waiting and I’ll have proper car seats for my kids. However, you can use any car service, a mears shuttle, Uber, etc. to get to and from the airport.
Good luck planning! You’re going to love it

Thanks guys! I do have a wonderful gentleman who I’ve used before for transportation so I will most likely use him. Do you still get picked up three hours before your flight?

Adding on to two points - though more just confirming.

We just got back from 6 nights at the Dolphin. Bought our own bands and provided our own transportation to/from airport. (Rented a car - HUGE waste of money because our son drove down and had room for all of us in his mini-van. (He didn't get a special paint job for it, but he DID play Disney music).

I understand Magic Bands don't last forever (I guess the battery?). I've read you can count on 2-3 years; it's a consideration.

Minnie vans were all over - we never went anywhere without seeing one or more. Disney sells convenience at a premium - and incrementally the cost seems worth it every time. Their analytics department is first rate. I say that with true admiration (being in analytics myself).

As stated, S/D has all the onsite privileges except charging to the room via Magic Bands. Or even key card outside of the hotels themselves. Keep that in mind if that's important.

Also - realize the "hidden fees" of S/D. Parking is about $25 a day (another reason I feel DUMB DUMB DUMB for renting a car!) Sounds like that won't be an issue for you - but be SURE you tell them you don't have a car else they may assume you do and you'll be surprised. (Not saying that happens - they did ask me and my son on check in)

Another "hidden fee" is the mandatory resort fee. Makes the room seems cheaper than it is. You don't get anything truly special with it - just the standard coffee maker, refrigerator, no microwave, And two bottles of water every day. But despite that, it's STILL cheaper than other deluxe resorts on the grounds. Just make sure you factor that into the price (and they tax that too.)

The complex is wonderful - but you'll see conventioneers. Less so at the Swan though. I prefer the Swan (this was the first time at the Dolphin) but the room configuration we got was wonderful. (See an earlier post of mine on this thread if you want). Maybe not an issue for you, but we found the bar in the main lobby (Phins) at the Dolphin VERY noisy. We went over to the Swan once for some adult beverages and wished we had done it more often. But Phins stays open later - and we took advantage of that our last night (we didn't want it to end but once they started mopping the floor we figured - hey, it's time!)

The pool is first rate. Not quite Stormalong Bay, but pretty close. And the service there is top notch as well.

More questions? You have CERTAINLY come to the right place. The folks on here on incredibly helpful and enthusiastic.

Sounds great! We are DVC owners at BWV and this was a last minute trip so nothing available in the EP area (walking distance). I have Pop Century booked because I was trying to keep the price down but I can’t come to terms we won’t be able to walk in and out of EP to our hotel. As for the pools, is there a quieter one vs. the others? Looking for some relaxation too.

is there a quieter one vs. the others? Looking for some relaxation too.
Yes - the Swan has a quieter pool with wait service as well. While kids are allowed, it's rare to find many there since the Grotto pool is more inviting for them and steps away.

In fact, on a map I counted SEVEN separate water sections - not counting hot tubs (many right next to each other - kid pools and spray areas etc.)

But the one right at the Swan sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

Do you still get picked up three hours before your flight?
I assume you mean from WDW to MCO? Three hours is probably more than enough - but security at MCO this last time was VERY slow. I think a machine was taken offline.

some in our party had TSA-pre (random assignment - none of us applied for it) and we breezed through. However, we waited at least 20 minutes for the ones that didn't.

Thanks guys! I do have a wonderful gentleman who I’ve used before for transportation so I will most likely use him. Do you still get picked up three hours before your flight?
When you get picked up is up to you. Given that MCO security lines can be forever we like to get there the recommended two hours beforehand but we leave about 30 minutes before that make rather than an hour usually.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/disneys-hollywood-studios/news/31jul2018-photos---phase-1-of-the-new-disneys-hollywood-studios-bus-stop-area-opens-to-guests.htm

A quick note for guests using the walkway to Epcot from the Studios. Due to construction, foot traffic is now taking a long path through the new bus stop area, so expect to add an additional 10 minute of walk-time.

Make sure to add a little extra time if walking from Epcot, or the Epcot area resorts (or the reverse), and you have to be somewhere in the Studios, Epcot or the resorts by a certain time. Better to be early than late.

I assume you mean from WDW to MCO? Three hours is probably more than enough - but security at MCO this last time was VERY slow. I think a machine was taken offline.

some in our party had TSA-pre (random assignment - none of us applied for it) and we breezed through. However, we waited at least 20 minutes for the ones that didn't.

We do have TSA pre check. And last time we were there we breezed through! Memorial Day! Our flight is 7 am so maybe I’ll do a 4:45 pick up. Thanks!

We do have TSA pre check. And last time we were there we breezed through! Memorial Day! Our flight is 7 am so maybe I’ll do a 4:45 pick up. Thanks!
If you hire a private shuttle they will probably tell you when they will pick you up. we use Tony Hinds (mentioned a lot on disboards) and he always picks us up from the S&D 2.5 hours before our flight.

Parking at the S&D are no longer a "hidden fee".

While the S&D charge $23 per day for self-parking, Disney as of March 21, 2018 for any reservation made after this date also charges fees for parking. For reference here are the Disney resort rates. The fee is $13 per night at Value resorts, $19 at Moderate resorts and $24 at Deluxe and Deluxe Villa resorts.

Dave

We are going in 2 weeks and we were going to book through Mears but I emailed the concierge at S&D and they will have a Sedan pick us up at the airport and return us back at the end of the trip. It was slightly more for the 4 of us, 171 instead of 102 but not having to make multiple stops is nice. I’ll let you know when we are back how it worked out.

We are going in 2 weeks and we were going to book through Mears but I emailed the concierge at S&D and they will have a Sedan pick us up at the airport and return us back at the end of the trip. It was slightly more for the 4 of us, 171 instead of 102 but not having to make multiple stops is nice. I’ll let you know when we are back how it worked out.
I've used S/D limo several times. Great service. Pick you up right in the terminal. They will do an 'unadvertised' grocery stop if needed. f you get either Bill or Angelo, please tell them I said hello.

And welcome to the dis and the S/D thread. Enjoy your trip.

Has anyone done the s'mores campfire? My understanding is that a s'mores package is included in the resort fee--it says it's at 6pm, which would be a great activity to do with my kids!

While the S&D charge $23 per day for self-parking, Disney as of March 21, 2018 for any reservation made after this date also charges fees for parking.

I did not know that. Great info.

I've used S/D limo several times. Great service. Pick you up right in the terminal. They will do an 'unadvertised' grocery stop if needed.

And yet another great piece of info. Too late for me - this year - but our next trip is in four years and two families will probably drive down so we certainly won't need a car. Hopefully they still provide this service then.

Has anyone done the s'mores campfire?
We thought about it but in the July heat we decided "not a good time to do this". Sounded fun though for the little ones.

Another question. I booked through www.hotels.com. Do I get the extras listed on the Swan website? Specifically the $25.00 spa voucher. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter