Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Question about the Dolphin King bed rooms. The diagram seems to indicate there's a loveseat that opens into a bed, allowing for additional guests. But sleeper sofa is not listed on the amenities. Does anyone know if standard King bed rooms have sleeper sofas in them?
Pretty site we had a sofa bed in our king room this April. It was a standard room.

Has anyone booked the Swolphin through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal? I'm probably going to do that for my next trip and wanted to know how annoying it is linking to MDE.

Not exactly the same, but we've booked AKL though Chase in the past and there was no issue whatsoever adding that confirmation number to MDE.

Anyone go to the Magic Kingdom from the Swan/Dolphin via the monorail at Epcot?

Here's our (very tentative) reasoning. Our July trip will include 2 of my 3 grandchildren.

(The 3rd and her parents won't be coming because grandchild number FOUR will have arrived right before then! Bittersweet for sure - would love to have them but so happy for the new addition! All girls BTW. But I digress... as I often do.)

Anyway - we want our last day to include MK - after naps. We'll get there via car to the TTC the other 2 times we're going since they will be in the morning. (note - not doing the busses and the Minnie Van is a bit too pricey since we'll need two of them for all of us in the group)

But this last time, we wanted to end the trip with a fireworks show.

HOWEVER... Everything I've read about the crowds at HEA has convinced us to not do that with small children. So - why not Illuminations? It's earlier and close by the hotel.

OK - so we'd drive to MK parking lot , get to the monorail or ferry, go to MK for a couple hours, drive back to the Dolphin, walk over to Epcot.

Or - how about walking through to the monorail station at Epcot, taking it TTC, transfer, go to MK for a while (we might just walk around and not even go on anything - just say goodbye for this trip - see you again in a couple years) - then reverse that back to Epcot for Illuminations?

Has anyone done that? At a somewhat leisurely pace (kids will be in strollers) - about how long from the Dolphin to the Epcot monorail station?

If we could get from the Dolphin to the Epcot station in no more than say 45 minutes, I think it's preferable than the driving option.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't drive to MK. There's too much travel with the kids. I have a 2 year old and an almost 6 year old that we have taken twice - we use a double stroller.
Take the bus from the Dolphin to MK, then take it back to Dolphin, then walk to Epcot for Illuminations. Seems like a lot less work. With driving to MK you're so far away. I've never had issues with buses at MK, even after fireworks.
I wouldn't walk all the way through Epcot to the front just to get on the monorail. That is a lot of walking, then you're going through security at Epcot to get in. The only other alternative is to maybe take monorail from MK to TTC to Epcot, but then you're at the front and you've got to walk to the back. It might be a little bit quicker, but more walking.

Is there a rate chart? Or can someone tell me if there's a big difference in rates between February and late April or Early May?

Mrsdaly - thank you much! I have bus-a-phobia I guess. Always avoided them at WDW, perhaps irrationally. It may be the waiting - don't know. Maybe you're right. We're in the same situation - grandkids are 2 and 4 and my son/DIL are either taking two strollers or using their double (not sure).

We are kind of set on the monorail idea only because it in effect is another attraction for them. So I do think we will go that route the last day (this would be leaving the Dolphin about 3:30-4:00 PM, trying to make it back to Epcot by 8:00PM for Illuminations at 9:00 - we won't at all be picky about where we see it from - in fact the closer to the international gateway the better, even though we'll miss a lot of what happens on the water. We had a spectacular viewpoint one Christmas that to this day - even as I type this - sends a warm feeling throughout. I can't ever imagine topping that - but seeing my grand-girls reaction to the countries lighting up and the lasers etc may well match that.)

We've always driven to MK from the S/D, or Y&BC (we've had 5 WDW trips where we stayed at one of these). We used to drive to GF and take the monrail - before they got strict about parking for non-resort guests there. You are right - the parking lot at MK is a much longer trip (talking two cars, park, get everyone together, tram to the ferry or monorail etc.)

But for the other two trips to MK that we will do in the morning, I think I may try the bus route once.

(The Dolphin is the last resort stop? OK - so it's an express to MK, but potentially full too, right? And then going back, is it the LAST resort stop. I know I could look it up - and I will, Just thinking out loud.)

I've never seen a chart, you can find the rack rates on spg.com but with all the various discounts, options and changing seasons it would be out dated as soon as it came out.

(The Dolphin is the last resort stop? OK - so it's an express to MK, but potentially full too, right? And then going back, is it the LAST resort stop. I know I could look it up - and I will, Just thinking out loud.)
During slow times it goes to BW/Swan/Dolphin, busier times should just be S/D.
We've never had an issue taking the bus to MK or AK.
Our boys loved the monorail ride too, like you said it was it was a ride to them. However the hassle with changing monorails takes a lot of the fun out of it when things are busy and backed up. So we preferred to take it back to Epcot and walk back, but we took the bus to MK in the morning.

Can someone please post the link to make specific requests to the dolphin. I’m not seeing it. Thanks!

We're committed rope-droppers. How does RD work if you're walking to Epcot? Since the entrance is in the WS, when do they let people in compared to those entering from the FW entrance? If it's at the same time, how does that affect being able to get to the rides in a timely fashion? Would I need to take a bus to the main entrance to get to the front of the RD crowd?

We're committed rope-droppers. How does RD work if you're walking to Epcot? Since the entrance is in the WS, when do they let people in compared to those entering from the FW entrance? If it's at the same time, how does that affect being able to get to the rides in a timely fashion? Would I need to take a bus to the main entrance to get to the front of the RD crowd?

They let you in via the International Gateway, and then you can walk to Future World. Even though World Showcase is mostly not opened (I think a couple of spots like the bakery in France may be open), they will be roped off, to allow you to walk by. It's nice and quiet before WS opens!

They let you in via the International Gateway, and then you can walk to Future World. Even though World Showcase is mostly not opened (I think a couple of spots like the bakery in France may be open), they will be roped off, to allow you to walk by. It's nice and quiet before WS opens!

Will I be able to walk to FW fast enough to get to the front of lines? I worry that those who go in through the FW entrance will have a head start since they'll be so much closer to the rides.

Will I be able to walk to FW fast enough to get to the front of lines? I worry that those who go in through the FW entrance will have a head start since they'll be so much closer to the rides.
Take a deep breath and relax. Grab a cup of coffee and sweet roll just before Canada and head on over to FW. If you head right there, you will probably meet the front entrance folks just as you get to a ride. They have no real advantage. I would do IG any day rather than the front.

Take a deep breath and relax. Grab a cup of coffee and sweet roll just before Canada and head on over to FW. If you head right there, you will probably meet the front entrance folks just as you get to a ride. They have no real advantage. I would do IG any day rather than the front.

This! :thumbsup2

You made my day! :thanks:

I LOVE the IG. So quiet. So peaceful. So unrealistic (Disney-wise)!

I think of it as the calm before the storm.

And if you doubt anything, there are walking time tools (that I'm because borderline obsessed with) that tell you the distance. Factor in the FAR FAR FAR lower crowds at IG and you will be very happy indeed.

You're about to LOVE the IG!
Way more chill.
Less Ppl.
RD at 9am, leave Swolphin about 8:30, but get a cup of coffee and something for breakfast for while you're waiting to get in. You'll still be there at 8:45 - and that's WITH peeking in the shop windows on the Boardwalk.

Hi! I’m seriously considering the S/D for December and I have a quick question. Can I link a reservation made on Expedia to MDE so I can have FP+ at 60 days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter