Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Kristen Bell is an actress who I bet you would recognize - she was the voice of Anna in Frozen. Don't know who Josh Gad is, though. I was just coming to post that Kristen had been evacuated to the Swan/Dolphin. And she's been helping out the residents of an assisted living facility who have also been evacuated there. I love her, so think it's pretty cool she's at the Swan/Dolphin.
Josh Gad was Olaf the snowman in Frozen, and Gaston's sidekick LeFou in Beauty & the Beast.
Kristen Bell also played on the TV show Veronica Mars

Does anyone know which brands of sunblock are sold at either location's gift shop? I know the brands sold at Disney's parks but was hoping Swolphin would have something different.

I don't have the current price on the mug, but I haven't experienced any sort of expiration date with it. I bring mine back on subsequent trips (or at least I did until I lost track of where I put mine). And just a reminder that at Picabu, it's a Coke Freestyle machine that does the refills, so you have quite a number of soft drink options.

Thanks for the info, at the moment I'm going to assume it's on a par with Disney so around $20, which if it is, will be great for a 2 week stay.

Also yay Coke Free machines, we are normally really limited in the UK about our Soda machine options (Know a few of the Free Machines have started to make they're way in but they are few and far between and the choices limited).

So now know I'm going to be holding up the queue going through all the flavours while shouting over to my DH
"Oi (as I'm so classy) have you seen this, they've got ....... Flavour, you don't get that back home"
So apologies now for anyone staying in January.

So now know I'm going to be holding up the queue going through all the flavours while shouting over to my DH
"Oi (as I'm so classy) have you seen this, they've got ....... Flavour, you don't get that back home"

I wish I could see this.

We loved the Dolphin for the location. Rooms were nice, pool was great with a sand beach area (though we generally get to the pool about once a trip). We could see both Epcot & HS from our room and easily walked to both. The decor is not full on Disney theming but for $ and location, I can deal. I'd rather stay Dolphin for location than Disney at a value. Plus I can pay with points.

What type of room did you request? Sounds like you had a great room. We are seriously considering the Swan or Dolphin next trip and I am getting overwhelmed with all the room types, 2 different resorts etc.

What type of room did you request? Sounds like you had a great room. We are seriously considering the Swan or Dolphin next trip and I am getting overwhelmed with all the room types, 2 different resorts etc.
We booked on points, so just standard room. I did specify "away from elevators" which meant the last room at the end of the hall, but it was a great view. (We has stayed at Universal in the past and got stuck with the ground floor room next to the elevator, which dings every time the doors open. Kept us up all night, so we wanted nothing near elevator)

We booked on points, so just standard room. I did specify "away from elevators" which meant the last room at the end of the hall, but it was a great view. (We has stayed at Universal in the past and got stuck with the ground floor room next to the elevator, which dings every time the doors open. Kept us up all night, so we wanted nothing near elevator)

ok thanks. sounds like you lucked out!

ok thanks. sounds like you lucked out!
We were asked when we checked in what preferences we had and we said away from elevators, higher floor would be good. The woman checking us in said, "I see the preference on your reservation, let's see what I can find. Oh this looks good, how about room xxx?" We had no idea and just agreed. Honestly she had no idea either as she told us she'd never been in that room and to stop by the desk and let her know how it was. Yes, we were just lucky

Thanks for the info, at the moment I'm going to assume it's on a par with Disney so around $20, which if it is, will be great for a 2 week stay.

Also yay Coke Free machines, we are normally really limited in the UK about our Soda machine options (Know a few of the Free Machines have started to make they're way in but they are few and far between and the choices limited).

It was a little less, I think in the 13-16 dollar range.

Do the rooms have a fridge with a freezer compartment? Alternatively, can you turn up the fridges so that they can be made to freeze items?

Do the rooms have a fridge with a freezer compartment? Alternatively, can you turn up the fridges so that they can be made to freeze items?
I do not recall a freezer compartment. And I doubt you can make the frig so cold that it would freeze something.

Happy to say that Ds3 and I will be t the Swan and Dolphin next week. The 19-23 at the Swan and then the last night the 24th at the Dolphin because the San is sold out. I even tried to get a room with ff points and no luck

I need a vacation after all the cancer surgery and testing I went through this year. Ds3, who Dan met years ago is a nurse so he has vacation time to burn and my dh is too busy at work to come on this trip. We will go in Dec, just him and I.

So no adrs or fp yet. Its a work in progress. Al my ds has requested is no eating in France, my favorite place and of course Pandora.

I didnt make any room requests at the Swan. At the Dolphin I did ask closer to the elevator because its just too much walking for me in that resort and its only for one night anyway

Tiffany towncar will pick us up and I ordered the wheelchair so it will be waiting at the resort. Goodbye cancer stuff and hello Disney!

Happy to say that Ds3 and I will be t the Swan and Dolphin next week. The 19-23 at the Swan and then the last night the 24th at the Dolphin because the San is sold out. I even tried to get a room with ff points and no luck

I need a vacation after all the cancer surgery and testing I went through this year. Ds3, who Dan met years ago is a nurse so he has vacation time to burn and my dh is too busy at work to come on this trip. We will go in Dec, just him and I.

So no adrs or fp yet. Its a work in progress. Al my ds has requested is no eating in France, my favorite place and of course Pandora.

I didnt make any room requests at the Swan. At the Dolphin I did ask closer to the elevator because its just too much walking for me in that resort and its only for one night anyway

Tiffany towncar will pick us up and I ordered the wheelchair so it will be waiting at the resort. Goodbye cancer stuff and hello Disney!

Sounds much needed! I hope you have a super relaxing and fabulous time!

Sounds like a perfect way to say "sayonara" to cancer! Congrats on making it through a tough year. I recently celebrated 5 years of remission so understand the need to celebrate the accomplishment of battling cancer. Enjoy your time at Disney!

Have a wonderful time and enjoy your much needed vacation.

I am wishing you a great trip and much luck with your health, LMP. :)

I do not recall a freezer compartment. And I doubt you can make the frig so cold that it would freeze something.

I've encountered some fridges that did indeed partially freeze a bottle of water or two. I wouldn't rely on it to keep something with a lower freezing point (like ice cream) solid, though. Some of the converted minibars don't even have a temperature control. But to keep the fridge running at its coldest potential, make sure you keep the cabinet door open so that it can vent the heat and air can circulate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter