Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone have any feedback between the Swan and Royal Pacific @ Universal? We were at RP not long ago, my wife didn't enjoy it. Beds being larger in the double bed rooms will be a plus, just like to know what the pluses and minuses between the two are.

The food options and the pool are significantly better at the Swan. Rooms are similar, but beds much more enjoyable at the Swan. Royal Pacific has express pass, which can be invaluable depending on the time of year.

I think what matters more is how many days you are planning on each park. I have to ask- why wouldn't you do a split stay? I guess I need more info to best answer your question.

Does anyone have any feedback between the Swan and Royal Pacific @ Universal?

I have stayed at both ... most recently RP in 2015 and Swan in fall 2014. I was at the Dolphin last fall.

While I enjoyed RP, it was quite a few notches below my usual Universal resort, Portafino Bay. The overall theme was nice, but the rooms were much smaller, and the resort itself seemed very cramped. The pool at the RP was so crowded we barely went down there ... and walking from RP to Citywalk was a bit of a pain. However, Happy Hour at Emeril's Tchoup Chop was outstanding, and the party atmosphere at RP was contagious. Couple that with the awesome convenience of Universal's Express Pass for Deluxe Resort Guests, and I would stay there again if I couldn't get in to Portafino.

We stayed in a pre-reno room at the Swan and really enjoyed it. We spend much less time at a resort when in Disney, so we're basically only there for sleeping. The walk to DHS and Epcot from The Swan is so quick, and we loved having easy access to both Kimonos and the bar at Il Mulino, for when we were waiting for the rest of our party to finish getting ready. The pre-reno room was looking a little worn, so I wasn't surprised when they announced a total overhaul.

Our trip to the Dolphin was during food and wine, and we got a post-renovation room with a great Theme Park view of the boardwalk (I think it was 10th floor ... not sure - but looked over the Boardwalk and had a great view of both Epcot and DHS fireworks). The room was nicely appointed, spacious, clean and the bed was fantastic. I think we booked that room through a Costco package, and it came out to about $200 a night. The Swan/Dolphin also have a great room service option where you can pre-order certain supplies and they are just waiting for you in your room - we pre-ordered a case of bottled water, a six pack of beer, some snacks and a bottle of aspirin - it was super reasonable !

Funny ... I was just thinking about the Dolphin because I bought the wife a new scent diffuser for Mother's Day, and one of the scents I got smells exactly like the scent they pump into the lobby of The Dolphin.

Finally....after over 3 years since a WDW trip :faint:, heading back to the Swan in August with my daughter and her 2 boys. :cool1: Hope a cold front goes through Orando the week we are there.

That's great Dan. If no cold front, then lots of Grotto Pool time!

Well I finally booked at the Dolphin on points today for October (woo hoo!), got a balcony upgrade for an extra 1,000/night which is what I expected. What I wasn't expecting, was the agent said there is an extra charge for a 3rd adult of $25.00 per night, in addition to the service charge which I am aware of. I had the same reservation last September (3 adults) and no $25/night charge. I thought that was only for rollaway beds. I'm hoping maybe since it is a points reservation that I won't get charged? Anyone else? Is this a new policy?

Same here, the 3rd person is an additional $25...whether points or cash. At least in our experiences....

This Fall we will be 3-4 adults so we booked the Swan executive suite...no extra charge for 2+ in the room and you get 2 bathrooms!

Well I finally booked at the Dolphin on points today for October (woo hoo!), got a balcony upgrade for an extra 1,000/night which is what I expected. What I wasn't expecting, was the agent said there is an extra charge for a 3rd adult of $25.00 per night, in addition to the service charge which I am aware of. I had the same reservation last September (3 adults) and no $25/night charge. I thought that was only for rollaway beds. I'm hoping maybe since it is a points reservation that I won't get charged? Anyone else? Is this a new policy?

No, this isn't new. More than two adults per room incurs the charge. You must have gotten lucky during your last stay.

No, this isn't new. More than two adults per room incurs the charge. You must have gotten lucky during your last stay.
Interesting. Thanks. This is the first I've ever heard of that (for points stay). I checked my reservation from last year and it had 3 adults listed on the guest folio but no extra adult charge (and no one ever mentioned it), only resort fees.

Interesting. Thanks. This is the first I've ever heard of that (for points stay). I checked my reservation from last year and it had 3 adults listed on the guest folio but no extra adult charge (and no one ever mentioned it), only resort fees.

You know what? I could be completely wrong about this. I was talking about paying for an extra adult on a cash stay. I don't know what they do about a points stay.

Can Magic Bands be purchased at S/D? If not, I assume the closest place is the gift shop at Boardwalk?

They can also be purchased at the Disney Planning Desk.

I know the Dolphin has a Disney planning desk - I assume the Swan does as well. It should be noted that you can purchase Magic Bands there, but that they will also help you (a) make sure they are functioning and linked to your current account / stay, (b) sell tickets or make sure your tickets are all set and associated with your Magic Band, (c) assist you with making FP+ or ADR reservations. I'm not sure if they can activate Annual Passes or not, or hook you up with Tables in Wonderland - but other than that, they are just like a Ticket Window at a park. It's pretty convenient.

I'm not sure if they can activate Annual Passes or not, or hook you up with Tables in Wonderland - but other than that, they are just like a Ticket Window at a park. It's pretty convenient.

These matters need to be handled at Guest Services. If using the IG, you need to utilize the booth on the lefthand side. :)

I know the Dolphin has a Disney planning desk - I assume the Swan does as well. It should be noted that you can purchase Magic Bands there, but that they will also help you (a) make sure they are functioning and linked to your current account / stay, (b) sell tickets or make sure your tickets are all set and associated with your Magic Band, (c) assist you with making FP+ or ADR reservations. I'm not sure if they can activate Annual Passes or not, or hook you up with Tables in Wonderland - but other than that, they are just like a Ticket Window at a park. It's pretty convenient.

The Swan does as well!

The only thing you can do with your Magic Band is put your park tickets on it, right?

Has anyone been to the Dolphin recently?
I was reading some TripAdvisor reviews (I know, I know- TA brings out the crazies, but I'm still panicking), and there were tons of complaints due to the Dolphin lobby construction.

Just wondering if it is really as dusty and bad as the reviews are saying and if I should switch over to Swan instead for the extra cost.

Also, since I booked the week on points, am I more likely to get a non-renovated room? (Another thing I'm panicking about from TA because there was a "musty" smell to the rooms. My son has asthma and I'm afraid mustiness/dustiness will trigger it.)

Am I just being paranoid? Or is it really THAT bad?

Has anyone been to the Dolphin recently?
I was reading some TripAdvisor reviews (I know, I know- TA brings out the crazies, but I'm still panicking), and there were tons of complaints due to the Dolphin lobby construction.

Just wondering if it is really as dusty and bad as the reviews are saying and if I should switch over to Swan instead for the extra cost.

Also, since I booked the week on points, am I more likely to get a non-renovated room? (Another thing I'm panicking about from TA because there was a "musty" smell to the rooms. My son has asthma and I'm afraid mustiness/dustiness will trigger it.)

Am I just being paranoid? Or is it really THAT bad?

I can't speak for the current state of the lobby (and I won't be staying there until October), but I do have some advice regarding your son.

Click on this link http://www.swandolphin.com/feedback/special.html - It should bring up a form for you to make special room requests. I have requested a "dust-free, deep cleaned room due to asthma" many times in the past and I've never had an issue with the room. They've always been great about making sure we're comfortable! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter