Walt Disney World Skyliner Gondola cabin video, photos, info.

Disney Skyliner Gondolas at the Boardwalk Turn Station

from disneyfoodblog.

Boardwalk-Skyliner-Gondolas-5-2-768x565.jpg
Boardwalk-Skyliner-Gondolas-4-2-768x451.jpg

Boardwalk-Skyliner-Gondolas-3-2-768x599.jpg

Boardwalk-Skyliner-Gondolas-6-2-768x682.jpg

I know not official but WDW news today said part of the skyline should open August 28. Every thing but EPCOT line. Here is what part of it said

According to construction personnel working on the project, the Disney Skyliner will open to guests on August 28th, the day before the official opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. They expect that the Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Caribbean Beach

Make since with the amount of people exspect at HS

Sorry the link dose not seem to work. I will try latter

Last edited:
Passport to the Parks posted a video at Disney Pop Century Resort with half of the construction wall down to show the second row for loading wheelchairs.

Last edited:

Well, they are cutting it close on getting it open for SWGE! LOL

@gap2368 if you ride it, will take pix for us? :)
I do not think they are cutting it close I think very well could open when they said ( note they said the EPCOT will not open then)

Yes I will take pictures of it. The 28 is my MK day but if it dose open that day I will more then likely go to HS instead.

Disney Skyliner Construction Walls Removed at Hourglass Lake Station; A Look Inside

from blogmickey.

http://blogmickey.com/2019/07/more-...e-disney-skyliner-station-restrooms-revealed/

...Disney Skyliner gondola system at Walt Disney World, construction crews are wrapping up their work on the stations. We made it out to Disney’s Art of Animation Resort today to find that some of the walls have been removed around the Disney Skyliner station that sits on Hourglass Lake between Art of Animation and Pop Century. Officially located on Generation Gap bridge, the station sits over the water, allowing for scenic arrival and departure views when traveling to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and on to Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Here’s a look at the latest progress for the project.
When walking towards the station, guests will find new restrooms on the Art of Animation side of Hourglass Lake.

org_dsc09444.jpg

org_dsc09435.jpg

org_dsc09436.jpg

Here’s a reverse view of the restrooms, with Art of Animation in the background.

org_dsc09443-1.jpg

Making our way past the restrooms and towards Hourglass Lake, we find some of the walls are now down. Previously, half of the walkway was behind walls in this area.

org_dsc09442.jpg

org_dsc09445-1.jpg

While we’ve seen Disney Cast Members operating the Disney Skyliner system at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, all was quiet today on Hourglass Lake.
Getting closer to the Disney Skyliner station we can see many elements are completed, such as a switchback queue and gate to keep guests out during non-operating hours.

org_dsc09447-1.jpg

org_dsc09450.jpg

org_dsc09448.jpg

Disney has publicly stated that the Disney Skyliner system will open in “fall 2019”, but current progress on the project would suggest an opening date before Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens on August 29th.

Disney Skyliner Confirmed Target Opening Date - More Walls Come Down

Another wonderful video from Robert at his Passport to the Parks.

He talks about the orange cones being removed on the left side of the Pop Century Skyliner Station and a little closer view of the exit side of the Skyliner.

Also, the possible opening on August 28, 2019, although not officially confirmed by Disney, for the Skyliners from Pop to the Caribbean and to DHS. He says the Epcot side is not opening because of the further construction at the International Gateway entrance, etc.

Attachments

• 1562930733598.png
    1562930733598.png
    411.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I don't know. I know on the monorails the cast members ask me which stop that I am going too and the cast member at the other end pulls the ramp out for me to get out. I know they signal ahead by phone or radio and they used to pull a flag on that particular monorail.

It may be more high tech or it may be simple for the Skyliner gondolas.

I can't wait to try it in December.

I wish I was there on August 28th to go from Pop to DHS. Maybe by December the rest of the Skyliner stations may be open.

It's probably burried somewhere in here, but if I go from DHS to Art of Animation, do I have to get off at CBR? Also, are AoA and Pop the same stop? What I'm trying to decide is, if I just want to take a ride to "check it out" and maybe get something to eat in the food court there,should I take a gondola ride from DHS to Pop, AoA, or CBR?

It's probably burried somewhere in here, but if I go from DHS to Art of Animation, do I have to get off at CBR? Also, are AoA and Pop the same stop? What I'm trying to decide is, if I just want to take a ride to "check it out" and maybe get something to eat in the food court there,should I take a gondola ride from DHS to Pop, AoA, or CBR?
Pop and AoA is the same stop ( the lake between the two resorts). Yes you will need to get off at CBR. The red dot is close to where the Skyliner is pop is on the right AoA is on your left

Attachments

• 6A3693D9-BE71-4037-BBCC-74FBEA9615B4.jpeg
    6A3693D9-BE71-4037-BBCC-74FBEA9615B4.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 3
If it opens up on August 28th. There will be three stations open. You can get on at Pop/Animator station on the bridge between the two resorts, supposedly stay on the gondola at the Caribbean station and continue on to DHS.

Since they are still in the construction phase at Epcot with the International Gateway, they said they aren't opening that part yet.

If you wanted to get off at Caribbean Resort you could.

I believe the Caribbean will have three loading zones to eventually go to different Skyliner stations.

de1l3ngxcaaofsf-jpg.400498

See how Pop/Animator station goes to the Caribbean station which has three lines. I believe that you can stay on the gondola to go to DHS. But because of construction, the third line to Riviera and EPCOT won't open up until later.

If you were staying at Caribbean Resort you would have three lines to choose from eventually or two lines on August 28th.

I'll be at Pop in December and I may just pop over to see the Caribbean Resort. It sure beats taking a bus from Pop to a park and from a park to the Caribbean.

No, I believe they are 3 entirely separate lines with CBR as the center "hub." Everybody will need to transfer at CBR to go anywhere else - DHS, Epcot/Riviera, or AoA/POP.

Enjoy your vacation!

Hi, lanejudy. You are correct. I was thinking of the Riviera video and I got confused with the Caribbean video.

@RaySharpton *another* great post! Thank you so much - especially for the annotations to the screen grabs :)

Also, FYI - found out that Skitch is available for iPad and iPhone users as well! :)

Disney Skyliner Opening Date Set for September 29th at Walt Disney World

from disneyparks

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...y-world-resort/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q4wo0711190028A

The dawn of a new era in Disney transportation is right around the corner! On September 29, Disney Skyliner gondolas will take flight and officially begin transporting guests around Walt Disney World Resort.

from blogmickey

https://blogmickey.com/2019/07/disn...-set-for-september-29th-at-walt-disney-world/

Disney has just officially announced that the Disney Skyliner opening date is set for September 29th. Inaccurate dates have been floating around that suggested that the Disney Skyliner would open in late August, but we finally have official word that Disney’s newest transportation system will open one month after Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney Skyliner connects Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot to four resort hotels- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the new Disney’s Riviera Resort scheduled to open in December 2019.

he Disney Skyliner gondola system has been installed by Doppelmayr and will feature some of the latest tech from the gondola giant. The cabins will seat eight to ten guests and they are all 100% accessible for wheelchairs and ECVs. The cabins will not feature air conditioning, but rather a passive ventilation system that is said to keep guests comfortable during their journey.
The Disney Skyliner gondola system will operate in addition to Disney buses from the affected parks and resorts. Here are the official travel times between the various stations:

• Disney’s Caribbean Beach to Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 5-6 minutes
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Pop Century Resort or Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: under 6 minutes
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Riviera Resort: 5 minutes
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to International Gateway at Epcot: 15 minutes
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort to International Gateway at Epcot: 9 minutes

Last edited:
Behind-the-Scenes Disney Skyliner Evacuation Testing Posted Online

from blogmickey

The Reedy Creek Fire Department reportedly posted a couple of photos to their Facebook page of Disney Skyliner evacuation testing. The photos, which have since been deleted, were taken from atop the Disney Skyliner cabins. The photos show crews rappelling down from the cabins, with a boat on the water underneath them.

reedy-creek-disney-skyliner-evacuation-2.jpg
reedy-creek-disney-skyliner-evacuation-3.jpg
reedy-creek-disney-skyliner-evacuation-4-1.jpg

org_dsc07810-1068x712.jpg
CD512BC4-905D-4FE3-9EBC-25D7CCDA3074-1068x712.jpeg

The section of the Disney Skyliner seen above is over the canal that runs between Epcot and the Epcot area resorts. We have yet to see a specialized boat for over-water evacuations in this area. If there is no boat like what we’ve seen on hourglass lake, it’s possible that rappelling down from the cabin might be the only solution in an evacuation scenario. Of course, it could be that Disney was simply testing this method as one of the multiple methods under consideration. Either way, Disney has until the announced opening date of September 29th to perfect their evacuation procedures along the entire line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter