Walt Disney World Gateway Hotels - New Disney "partnership"...

HopperFan

"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."
There are the Disney World Resort Hotels ...
the Official Disney World Hotels aka Disney Springs ...
and the Good Neighbor Hotels aka about 50 of the surrounding hotels (with no benefits) ...
now I'm reading about the "new" ...

Walt Disney World Gateway Hotels category,
that includes
all the Bonnet Creek Hotels...
Hilton, Waldorf, Wyndham Grand.

These hotels offer official Disney packages as of this week, and can be linked to MDE.

For now they just say Magical Extras but still list 30 day FP+.

"And best of all, when you book a Walt Disney Travel Company package at a Walt Disney World GATEWAY HOTEL, you will be eligible to receive Magical Extras: discounts and special perks for activities, entertainment, dining and shopping!"

So I looked at the Disney site and now these hotels are listed on Disney's site along with the Disney Springs hotels. I do not recall them being there before. Disney has also classified each hotel in their classification system.

My question is .............. will they be next to get EMH and 60 day FP+? Is Disney looking at all these resorts to be their way of adding rooms? and they will stick with the DVC business. Will be interesting to follow along.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/more/

Last edited:
There are the Disney World Resort Hotels ...
the Official Disney World Hotels aka Disney Springs ...
and the Good Neighbor Hotels aka about 50 of the surrounding hotels (with no benefits) ...
now I'm reading about the "new" ...

Walt Disney World Gateway Hotels category,
that includes
all the Bonnet Creek Hotels...
Hilton, Waldorf, Wyndham Grand.

These hotels offer official Disney packages as of this week, and can be linked to MDE.

For now they just say Magical Extras but still list 30 day FP+.

"And best of all, when you book a Walt Disney Travel Company package at a Walt Disney World GATEWAY HOTEL, you will be eligible to receive Magical Extras: discounts and special perks for activities, entertainment, dining and shopping!"

So I looked at the Disney site and now these hotels are listed on Disney's site along with the Disney Springs hotels. I do not recall them being there before. Disney has also classified each hotel in their classification system.

My question is .............. will they be next to get EMH and 60 day FP+? Is Disney looking at all these resorts to be their way of adding rooms? and they will stick with the DVC business. Will be interesting to follow along.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/more/
From your info, it looks like they do not include Wyndham Bonnet Creek (the timeshare). Bummer!

From your info, it looks like they do not include Wyndham Bonnet Creek (the timeshare). Bummer!

No just the hotel.

I would imagine since the timeshares are booked in SO many different ways and used often with points, it would be difficult to compete in that market booking packages or offer perks that the "resort" must pay for. AND it is direct competition for DVC which seems to be Disney's focus right now so I would be surprised to see them partner with them.

Yes they do through 2018 just like Disney Springs. I am hoping this turns to long term.

The fact that they are adding Disney Springs, Four Seasons ..... and now created the beginnings of another "partnership of hotels" that while not on property are only available by coming on to property (like Four Seasons) to their website .... I will be watching to see if they also get this special offering. The Bonnet Creek hotels are nice and great value for your money compared to Disney rooms at same prices.

Has anyone used the dining card if you book one of the Disney springs hotels? I am considering that if I cant get the FD deal

Has anyone used the dining card if you book one of the Disney springs hotels? I am considering that if I cant get the FD deal

You mean this?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/disney-dining-card/

Quick Service Dining Cards
Save on meals and snacks with the Disney Quick-Service Dine Card—a convenient option for Guests with qualifying vacation packages at eligible Walt Disney World-area hotels! These gift cards have a value that’s more than the price you pay for the card.
Eligible hotels include:

NOTE: That this does not appear to include these Gateway Hotels we are talking about on this thread - at this time or the website has not been updated yet.

Wow, interesting! I’m wondering why they don’t list an actual price, though. Also wondering if you can continue to use the balance for split stay after Disney Springs stay. Sadly, I still won’t get to try it, because the website won’t let me buy a package for 5 people. :sad1:

You mean this?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/disney-dining-card/

Quick Service Dining Cards
Save on meals and snacks with the Disney Quick-Service Dine Card—a convenient option for Guests with qualifying vacation packages at eligible Walt Disney World-area hotels! These gift cards have a value that’s more than the price you pay for the card.
Eligible hotels include:

NOTE: That this does not appear to include these Gateway Hotels we are talking about on this thread - at this time or the website has not been updated yet.
Yes that is what I was checking out . I ideally would like to get free dining but that’s not to bad of a deal for a prepaid option.

Wow, interesting! I’m wondering why they don’t list an actual price, though. Also wondering if you can continue to use the balance for split stay after Disney Springs stay. Sadly, I still won’t get to try it, because the website won’t let me buy a package for 5 people. :sad1:
I’m not sure if this helps but I did check under the Disney springs hotels and I was able to find one hotel I believe it was double tree suites for 5

I’m not sure if this helps but I did check under the Disney springs hotels and I was able to find one hotel I believe it was double tree suites for 5

Does it say why you can't book? If it is over occupancy then yes, as Mamaof6 says Doubletree Suites sleeps 6, some B Resort rooms sleep 5, Buena Vista Palace has suites that should also fit your group.

Does it say why you can't book? If it is over occupancy then yes, as Mamaof6 says Doubletree Suites sleeps 6, some B Resort rooms sleep 5, Buena Vista Palace has suites that should also fit your group.

I believe it’s occupancy, because I was able to put a trip for 4 in my cart, but not 5. Which is strange, because I was looking at hotels that I know have rooms for 5+.

I believe it’s occupancy, because I was able to put a trip for 4 in my cart, but not 5. Which is strange, because I was looking at hotels that I know have rooms for 5+.

Hmm, I don't know. I'm going to start a new thread just about this. Maybe someone(s) who have booked it will chime in ... when they wouldn't normally see these posts buried in this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!