Walt Disney World Cast Member Record Card

EntertainmentGuy

Earning My Ears
So I am pending my restricted rehire status and I am curious, my worry is my record card. I was NOT TERMED, I self termed after 2 weeks from surgery and gave notice and left the CareerStart program 25 days early. I was told I am restricted but I heard after 6 months it is lifted is this false? It has been over 14 months since I left (Dec 15th, 2008) The other question is how long does your record card really matter? I heard from people and even my manager after awhile I think like a year or so it doesnt matter, it's there forever but wont matter. My final question what is everything they look at to determine if the status will be lifted or not? What are some ways to tell if it's looking like a good outcome?

Thanks!

I know a restricted rehire they want to see that you have maintained a job for a least six months before they will lift a restricted one. I know that you can wait a year and reapply and usually there are no complications. I no a non rehire status is very hard to lift, almost impossible.

My understanding is that every six months a record card will reset itself, meaning the points start over, but the points that you accumulated before will remain on the record card, just not counting for the six months. They will always look at your record card, I was told it depends on who looks at you. Some look at just the previous six months, other look at the entire thing.

But dont give up hope and dont let it bother you, I actually work with someone who was restricted and it was lifted. Just show them that you really want to come back and youll be willing to work

I mean, termination is termination. You may have done it yourself, but you still quit the company. I understand it was medical, but just keep that in mind.

I was unaware of the six month record card thing, but I can tell you it doesn't reset when you look at it. I have a .5 from when I forgot my ID from last January still on there. I just wish they would go into more of an explanation on your record card rather than "Did not do xxx" but that's just how it works.

Try not to worry about it so much, there's nothing else you can really do at this point.

So I am pending my restricted rehire status and I am curious, my worry is my record card. I was NOT TERMED, I self termed after 2 weeks from surgery and gave notice and left the CareerStart program 25 days early. I was told I am restricted but I heard after 6 months it is lifted is this false? It has been over 14 months since I left (Dec 15th, 2008) The other question is how long does your record card really matter? I heard from people and even my manager after awhile I think like a year or so it doesnt matter, it's there forever but wont matter. My final question what is everything they look at to determine if the status will be lifted or not? What are some ways to tell if it's looking like a good outcome?

Thanks!

No..that is true....because of medical reasons....its Disney's policy to put you on a restricted leave for 6 months...giving you time to heal...and points on your record card stay for 30 days..actually....nothing really leaves the record card...but every 30 days...your points would be wiped away...and they would look at your record card...but since its been 14 months...you should most likely be in good hands =]...so you really have nothing to worry about...and i know this because i JUST left my College Program...and I'm now seasonal with the company

Thanks! I don't think the 30 days thing is accurate never heard that but thanks, btw character performer is my dream role, well parade performer and face is but anyway lol I am audition march 26th in pittsburgh :)

Thanks! I don't think the 30 days thing is accurate never heard that but thanks, btw character performer is my dream role, well parade performer and face is but anyway lol I am audition march 26th in pittsburgh :)

I'm pretty sure it's if you get 3 points in 30 days you get a reprimand... so they "clear off" every so often, but are still there.

At least, that is my understanding of it. I still don't quite get the points system.

ETA: This is what I was told by someone else, so if I'm wrong about this, please correct me.

My understanding is that every six months a record card will reset itself, meaning the points start over, but the points that you accumulated before will remain on the record card, just not counting for the six months. They will always look at your record card, I was told it depends on who looks at you. Some look at just the previous six months, other look at the entire thing.

It's a little bit more complicated than that.

Record Card Points stop being used for discipline after a year. Basically, this means that Management cannot administer discipline (Reprimands, etc.) on the basis of Points that were issued more than a year ago. It doesn't really effect CPs and other DIP Participants that much because most of them aren't here for more than six months to begin with. However, you'll occassionally hear FT and CR Cast Members talking about how they're waiting for points to "fall off" before they call in again.

For some things, the timeframe is much shorter. For example, when considering non-DIP Cast Members for transfer, Internal Casting only goes back approximately six months. For something such as a No or Restricted Rehire status, Casting Services/Internship Recruitment does reserve the right to consider as much or as little of the Record Card as they see fit.

Even when they're no longer considered for discipline, Record Card notations never actually disappear from your Record Card. The only time that would happen is if the original notation was issued in error (ex: you were marked as late when you weren't) or if Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Labor Relations has it removed (this almost always only happens when one of our Labor Unions files a grievance/alleges violation of contract on behalf of a FT or CR Cast Member and is successful).

Even after three years with this company, I can still look on my Record Card and see that Late to Shift 1.5 point that I got way back in 2007.

Ya that makes much more sense as to what I heard before, I am pending a final decision, submit my rehire papers over 3 weeks, do u think if they saw something to make them say no id have heard already, I am hoping maybe they are trying to contact past managers and such and the rest is ok

I have a restricted rehire that was put on my file in July of 2008. I worked at DRC in Orlando. I have done everything that Disney has told me that I need to do to get rehired. Yet still the restriction stays. I am at a point where I am ready to get an attorney and sue Disney to have the restriction taken off and make them give me my job back. It seems that once a restriction is on there, it is impossible to have it removed.

I have a restricted rehire that was put on my file in July of 2008. I worked at DRC in Orlando. I have done everything that Disney has told me that I need to do to get rehired. Yet still the restriction stays. I am at a point where I am ready to get an attorney and sue Disney to have the restriction taken off and make them give me my job back. It seems that once a restriction is on there, it is impossible to have it removed.

It isn't impossible to have it removed because I got mine removed and will be going back to do the College Program again. Before applying to the college program though, I did apply for seasonal, part time and full time. and never heard anything back; but i was also told that if the application has an out of state address they don't pay much attention to them. I think that the College Program is the easiest way to get back into the company. What are you applying for?

Hello, all.

I've been reading posts on restricted rehire status because I recently found out that I too have a restricted rehire status (as I suspected--no surprise) and filled out the paperwork to have it removed. It is very recent so I have not heard a decision yet. I am more nervous than I should be, given the circumstances. I have a full time job and am only hoping to be rehired as a PT CM.

I have not been able to find anything recent in regards to having the status removed. It seems everything is 2010 or earlier. Has anyone dealt with this recently?

I self-termed in 2001 after missing several shifts without calling. I did call and explain a few days later but never returned. At the time, I may have had 1 or 2 points, but I can't recall because it has been SO long.

I wrote a detailed account of the reasons that I self-termed and I have had my current job for almost 3 years and the previous one for 8+ years. I did, however, have a sprinkling of random part time jobs before 2009. I turned in letters of recommendation - 2 from my current job and one from my previous employer.

I am most surprised that they will still have me jump through hoops when it was almost a lifetime ago that I worked there.

What do you think my chances are of having the restriction removed?

How long will it take until I hear their decision?

So even though I was told it would take 3-4 weeks for a response, it was 4 days and 2 of those days were the weekend. Lol. I'm very relieved to have had my restriction removed.

Looking forward to becoming a cast member all over again! Yay!

Hello,

I've been trying to check my rehire status for ages and people never seem to help me. I suspect I have some sort of restricted status, although I haven't been terminated. I used to have very strict managers and when I got sick, they did not support me at all and did everything they could to try and terminate me, it was awful. But I was a good cp, had no complains about my work and even got GSF cards! I completed my program and they never told me anything. I tried calling the casting (4078281000) but it's a recorded message and I couldnt find the info that I needed.
Hope y'all can help me.

If you call that number and select 1, there will be an option to talk to someone. (I think you press 0). Anyway I'm not sure if they can tell you your status over the phone, but you can at least ask. I did an application, waited a few months, was set up with the online interview (personality test) and then scheduled an in-person interview. During that interview was when I found out my status was restricted.

Good luck!

Lol, you can't sue anyone to get your job back, Florida is a right to work state. They aren't legally required to give you a job, no one is. They're a corporation, they don't have to hire anyone they don't want to.
I mean it sucks, I've also been trying to get a restricted rehire lifted, but there's nothing an attorney can do for you unless you truly believe it was gender or handicap related.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter