Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

If this holds true.. my guess is that we're looking at June for a reopen.. Maybe earlier.. we'll see

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

I'm not too sure about June looking at this projection. If you filter it for Florida is shows their peak to be in mid May. They will not be out of this until at least mid to late July from what this projection is showing. It looks like Florida has a later projected peak than the other states in the US who are projected to peak around April.

Granted these are all projections and nobody really knows when it will be over until its over.

I'm expecting a big jump for the date. There's no reason it should have taken this long to announce an additional two week closure.

I'm not too sure about June looking at this projection. If you filter it for Florida is shows their peak to be in mid May. They will not be out of this until at least mid to late July from what this projection is showing. It looks like Florida has a later projected peak than the other states in the US who are projected to peak around April.

Granted these are all projections and nobody really knows when it will be over until its over.

but if this holds true for Florida looks like shouldn’t have near the shortage as other statea.

Since we all know an extended closure is happening is Disney just waiting for the market to close today to announce?
That would be my guess, less immediate impact on their stock price. It looks like they may have filed to issue additional debt today too.

If this holds true.. my guess is that we're looking at June for a reopen.. Maybe earlier.. we'll see

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
Thanks for that! Really interesting projections for sure. I'm amazed at the WILDLY different information that comes out of the daily news conferences. Granted we are VERY early on the curve. While it does look like it will get a whole lot worse in the next month, it does look like there is light at the end of the tunnel. IMHO, we REALLY need that more than anything.

Since we all know an extended closure is happening is Disney just waiting for the market to close today to announce?
Also waiting to review signed bill. Disney may decide letting employees collect unemployment instead of paying them makes sense. Might have to review with union.

Also waiting to review signed bill. Disney may decide letting employees collect unemployment instead of paying them makes sense. Might have to review with union.

Plus Trump still needs to sign it right? I mean I am sure it will happen but I could see them wanting it 100% done

Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread, but Swan/Dolphin cancelled all reservations with check-in dates up to April 9th. We were due to check-in April 8th. Bonvoy cancellation email + Swan cancellation email and points all returned to our Bonvoy account.

Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread, but Swan/Dolphin cancelled all reservations with check-in dates up to April 9th. We were due to check-in April 8th. Bonvoy cancellation email + Swan cancellation email and points all returned to our Bonvoy account.

Swan/Dolphin, Shades of Green, other area hotels, port hotels, other cruise lines, Universal, other guided tour companies, small and big suppliers...almost everyone else has communicated their plans to TAs and partners. Still complete radio silence from Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter