Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, the optics of it, isn't great. Even if it's only a $50 difference, for a family of 5, for example, that's $250. So, they'd be asking for more money for less of an experience. If it were me, and I had to spend more to get less, I'd be pretty put off. I'd already be put off that the tickets I purchased are essentially worth much less because I am getting half an experience. I think Disney has to extend the date. They have to, for PR and good will reasons.

Before the dates were extended in the system I was looking at modifying the dates on my tickets to our rescheduled dates (9 day park hopper, originally purchased from UT in January) and it was over $100 per ticket already to move it two months later to another low time.

I am guessing it's going to be closer to the max if 6 months. That's based on the Iger article talking about people not feeling safe in the parks til there is widespread testing.
I think that could change depending on what happens as states start to open up. If rates skyrocket again, ppl will freak out. But, if not, then I think ppl will start to feel more comfortable. Also, if these studies hold up that many more ppl have already had it than we know, that will help too. I also guess I’m not understanding the idea of widespread testing is the answer. How would that help? It’s my understanding that you can get false negatives especially in those who are asymptomatic.

Still, the optics of it, isn't great. Even if it's only a $50 difference, for a family of 5, for example, that's $250. So, they'd be asking for more money for less of an experience. If it were me, and I had to spend more to get less, I'd be pretty put off. I'd already be put off that the tickets I purchased are essentially worth much less because I am getting half an experience. I think Disney has to extend the date. They have to, for PR and good will reasons.

I don’t follow you’re thinking on this. Do you also expect your air carrier/rental car-gasoline/other misc. costs be “frozen in time” to the timeframe of when you booked?

Out of curiosity - how much weight do we give the market analysts? There are more than one that predict a long shut down (one said not until next fiscal year, now this one says January)... How much insight and knowledge do they truly have?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/d...s-parks-may-not-open-until-january-2020-04-20

The analyst only put out his guidance based on the assumption that Disney may not open till a vaccine, the headline spun it a bit too dramatic based on what he said.

Out of curiosity - how much weight do we give the market analysts? There are more than one that predict a long shut down (one said not until next fiscal year, now this one says January)... How much insight and knowledge do they truly have?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/d...s-parks-may-not-open-until-january-2020-04-20
I wouldn't put a lot of thought to it, honestly. Analysts are not really privy to insider information, and are guessing just as much as we are. They can go off of market information, but that is drastically different than public health information or operations decisions.

Hopefully we will know more from the Desantis' press conference here in about an hour. Hearing it will lead off with the economic impact the virus is having on the state, he probably will begin opening the state soon, but on a county by county, city by city level. Probably won't confirm it but will begin setting the stage. I could see Orlando much sooner than south Florida.

Well there are still going to be lots of changes....
No more buffets
Lots of virtual queues
Sanitizer stations everywhere
Temperature checks
Online ordering for quick service
No more preshows on rides. (I don't know what you call it but you jam into a room with a group of people and watch the video)
I doubt you see firework shows for awhile.
Your source?

Why is everyone so gung ho about waiting for a vaccine to go to DW? Does anyone really think every person out there is going to run out and get a vaccine?

My dad was a pharmacist and he always said that the only people who get vaccines are those who need them, kids and people over 60. A 20 to 30 something is going to think "Well, my friend came down with the virus and only had a cough and couldn't work for 2 days so nah, I don't need it. If I get it I get a couple days off from work."

Why is everyone so gung ho about waiting for a vaccine to go to DW? Does anyone really think every person out there is going to run out and get a vaccine?

My dad was a pharmacist and he always said that the only people who get vaccines are those who need them, kids and people over 60. A 20 to 30 something is going to think "Well, my friend came down with the virus and only had a cough and couldn't work for 2 days so nah, I don't need it. If I get it I get a couple days off from work."
I’m 27. 3 of my friends got the virus and 2 of them were hospitalized.

I will be getting a vaccine when it is released.

I think you underestimate the younger crowd's understanding of healthcare, science in general and this virus specifically. I am 26, and I can guarantee you that if a vaccine is readily available, at least 90% of the people I know within my age group of 20s and 30s will get vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter