Walkway to Universal from Hard Rock?

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
So here’s my situation: my flight lands at 7:14 on Saturday. Both Universal parks open at 8. I’m really worried we won’t get there before it hits capacity. We’ll be taking a Lyft directly from the airport to Universal.

Anyway, I thought I read somewhere that there’s a walkway at the Hard Rock Hotel to Universal. Would getting dropped off there and using that walkway be quicker than being dropped off at the normal place? We just want the quickest possible way to get through security and into the park.

If you are staying at Hard Rock, you are going to want to stop there to get your Express Pass and leave your bags.

Beyond that, I don't think the walkway is any faster/slower than going to the drop-off point

It’s most definitely faster using HRH path. Very close to Studios and security line is no wait as it only services HRH and to lesser extent Portofino because most people from Portofino take the boat due to longer walk.

Are you checking baggage? If so, you may not make it in time. Baggage claim at MCO is notoriously slow.

I forgot I had posted this, but here’s what happened on Saturday in case this will help anyone in the future! Our flight landed a few minutes late due to Frontier overbooking and trying to figure things out. We waited quite a while for our bags, then we got a Lyft to the main Universal ride share drop off just to avoid confusion about where to go. It took a while to walk to security, and security took a few minutes longer than usual since we had lots of luggage for them to check. We did make it into Universal, which didn’t fill to capacity that day. We went to Universal again today and since our Airbnb is actually very close, we walked to Portofino Bay to take the boat to the parks/CityWalk, and I could see that it very clearly would’ve been faster to get dropped off at a hotel, as security at the boat docks is VERY quick, and you don’t have to weave around a million switchbacks, but the suitcases wouldn’t have been fun on a boat.

Definitely; the walk through Citywalk from the parking area is very long indeed, while the walk to Universal from HRH is much shorter. That is quite a neat trick; it's like the Universal version of Ubering to Beach Club when you want to go to World Showcase in Epcot.

You also have access to the ferry, which is our favorite way to travel. If you are going to CityWalk or IOA instead of US, then it might be a little faster than walking. But you are going to love how close HRH is to the parks. We had our first visit there last Thanksgiving, and it was great to be able to take mid-afternoon breaks when the parks were crowded...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter