Walking to Norway from Land Pavilion

princesslover

DIS Veteran
So, I am worried that I am causing our family a lot of unnecessary walking due to my planning. Six months out, I scheduled Akershus at 10:45. I have a FP for Soarin' at 11:40-12:40. Initially, not considering walking distances, I figured we would rope drop Soarin (and maybe TT if time), go to breakfast in Norway for our 10:45 reservation, then come back to the land and ride Soarin within our FP window, which ends at 12:40.

Now, I am worried about all the walking back and forth. Ideally, it probably would have been better to grab a FP for FAE near our Akershus, but my girls love Soarin and are just sort of "eh" on frozen at this point (10 and 13) although I did end up deciding to FP FAE on our 2nd epcot day, in the afternoon. Naturally, that is nowhere near breakfast time. Ugh.

What do you think? Will I regret walking from the land to Akershus and back during that period?

Yup.
Age-old problem...

Walking in Epcot.
(And, "bouncing back and forth" to facilitate riding attractions.)

And, no matter which way "looks shorter," most pathways twist around and change angles
so that nearly every "direct route" is no more "direct" than another.

Walking.
Epcot.
Yup.

Last edited:
my girls love Soarin and are just sort of "eh" on frozen at this point (10 and 13)

We are ever so much older than 13, and we rode Frozen multiple times.
It's a very beautiful, humorous, entertaining, and technologically advanced attraction.

We are ever so much older than 13, and we rode Frozen multiple times.
It's a very beautiful, humorous, entertaining, and technologically advanced attraction.

Yes, I would agree (although I haven't experienced it) and that is why I ended up deciding to FP it for our 2nd Epcot day. Unfortunately, that does not help me with my Akershus reservation. I am two months out, so trying to get a FAE FP near breakfast at Akershus is probably not going to happen, although I will probably try. Also, I still would like the girls first ride in Epcot to be Soarin, because it is all they talk about, but we can always still RD Soarin.

Yes, I would agree (although I haven't experienced it) and that is why I ended up deciding to FP it for our 2nd Epcot day. Unfortunately, that does not help me with my Akershus reservation. I am two months out, so trying to get a FAE FP near breakfast at Akershus is probably not going to happen, although I will probably try. Also, I still would like the girls first ride in Epcot to be Soarin, because it is all they talk about, but we can always still RD Soarin.

Soarin' is no longer the "too busy to ride" attraction, anymore.
Adding the third theater (and opening Frozen Ever After) has lessened the difficulty in riding exponentially.

Soarin' is no longer the "too busy to ride" attraction, anymore.
Adding the third theater (and opening Frozen Ever After) has lessened the difficulty in riding exponentially.

I am learning that things have changed so much since we were there four years ago, when Soarin FP's were sold out by noon.

In case my plans stay as they are, how much time would you allow to get from Soarin to Akershus?

Would it make sense on this day to just Rope Drop TT, head to Norway for 10:45, thenhead back for Soarin FP, and hope for a 2nd Soarin FP later in the day? Our last FP is around 2:00. What are the chances of getting another Soarin FP at that time during April?

Would it make sense on this day to just Rope Drop TT, head to Norway for 10:45, thenhead back for Soarin FP, and hope for a 2nd Soarin FP later in the day? Our last FP is around 2:00. What are the chances of getting another Soarin FP at that time during April?
Can't you switch your 11:40-12:40 Soarin FP to later in the day? Like for on your way out of the park? Would that help?

Can't you switch your 11:40-12:40 Soarin FP to later in the day? Like for on your way out of the park? Would that help?

I don't think the time is an issue. We should be able to get there before 12:40 with a 10:45 breakfast. I am just trying to avoid a lot of backtracking while riding Soarin more than once.

I don't think the time is an issue. We should be able to get there before 12:40 with a 10:45 breakfast. I am just trying to avoid a lot of backtracking while riding Soarin more than once.
I guess what I meant was that if you moved it to the end of the day you could just stroll through world showcase after breakfast (clockwise) then hit Soarin the second time with FP on your way out of the park. So....Rope drop test track and Soarin and anything else in future world. Then head to Norway for breakfast, wander thru World showcase then Soarin a second time on the way out. It would allow you to see the whole park with less back and forth. Enjoy your trip!

I guess what I meant was that if you moved it to the end of the day you could just stroll through world showcase after breakfast (clockwise) then hit Soarin the second time with FP on your way out of the park. So....Rope drop test track and Soarin and anything else in future world. Then head to Norway for breakfast, wander thru World showcase then Soarin a second time on the way out. It would allow you to see the whole park with less back and forth. Enjoy your trip!

Oh, I see what you mean now. Yes, that may work! Thank you!

Yes! This is what I would do. Move the Soarin' FP to later in the day, rope drop TT, then head to Soarin', hit anything else you can and have time for in FW, then head to WS. If you didn't get to Soarin' in the morning, head there before you leave for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter