Walking to DL from nearby hotel

Rpsemont

DIS Veteran
Hi all!
we are planning to visit DL in August - just me and DH - almost retirees. I am looking for hotels within 1.5 miles - we feel comfortable walking that distance (as well as walking the parks all day) Do you know if any of the hotels within that distance are really NOT walking distance, either because traffic or sidewalks don't make it safe, or whether there are areas that should detour around for safety.

Thanks!
Anne

Is there a particular hotel your are interested in? Most of the hotels on Harbor from HOJO to say Katella are easily walking distance, once you move beyond that then it's a longer walk and/or people walk to Disney parking lots and grab shuttles. Also depends if you want to be able to take mid day breaks as then you are walking the distance 4 times not twice.

1.5 miles seems like a really large area. There are tons of affordable hotels much closer. My limit is about 3/4 because after walking all day, the closer the better.

As stated above, to the South, go no further than Katella and you'll be fine and within your stated walking range. There are tons of hotels to choose from, but I've only stayed at the Red Lion (@ Harbor and Katella), which is fine, or one of the Disney properties. We have never felt unsafe walking to DLR up or down Harbor, so I have nothing to add on that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter