Walking Path or Water Taxi from Portofino?

wildflower

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at PBH and will try to hit Early Entry in the mornings. We're all in good shape and fast walkers. I'm assuming walking will be our fastest way there unless a water taxi happens to be loading just as we're leaving the property. Is that right? Does the walking path go by the water taxi loading area so we can check to see if it's loading? Is the path mostly shaded?

In general it takes me about the same amount of time to walk from Portofino to City Walk as it takes to ride the boat. I walk pretty briskly. But yeah ... if you've got to wait for a boat or if the security check point in either location gets bogged down ... stuff happens.

BOAT! We always walked from RPR, but always boated to/from PBH. But we were there in Sept, and lines were short. Boats were very efficient way to get to the parks.

Unless you just happen to see the boat pulling away I think the security+boat is much faster than security+walking.

I'm assuming walking will be our fastest way there unless a water taxi happens to be loading just as we're leaving the property.

Basically. Didn't work when I left hubby and son in line to walk, and as I made the first big curve to the left the boat was coming towards the dock. I couldn't 100% have made it back in time so I kept walking. They beat me.

Just back from a weeklong trip and they had 3 boats running most of the day every day. There was always a boat at the dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter