Walking/mini goal

ZPT1022

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Dr
After bugging him forever about it I finally got DH to walk with me and DD (in the stroller) both this evening and yesterday evening. He said he liked it and felt better and he even wants to keep it up every night except Friday (when he works at both of his jobs and has no extra time). :) This is such a step in the right direction for us both. We're going to WDW in October and hope to each lose 30 pounds by then. I have also gotten him to agree to go hiking or do a walking trail this weekend! It makes it so much easier for me when I have a buddy to walk with. I am so excited, I just had to share. I am down three pounds and this is in the middle of my period so it may be even more! :) I am so happy, I just feel like I will actually be able to stick with it this time, especially if the whole family makes a lifestyle change and not just me! :) Thanks for listening! :):):)

Becky

Woo hoo, Becky!! That's wonderful news!! I am so happy that your dh decided to join you on your journey to healthy living! :) Keep up the GREAT job!!!!!!!!
sport20.gif

That is great news, Becky! Woo-hoo for you and your DH! It sure does make it more fun to have a partner. You are both doing the right thing by getting out and moving!!! Enjoy your weekend hike, that sounds like alot of fun!!!! Who knows what this could lead to? 30 pounds by October is sooooooooo possible, I know you can both do it!!!!

YEAH!!! I know it's such a great accomplishment to get a DH walking! Mine doesn't like to walk w/ me cause I'm too slow and he doesn't think its hard enough work! LOL! I really know what you mean, I need a walking partner myself. That is so great that you will have that special time together - you will get so much more benefit than just the exercise.

Your goal it very doable and you are getting on track and heading the right direction! Anything we can do to help, just ask!

Karyn

That is so great. It really <i>is</i> helpful to have an exercise buddy. What a great family activity!

Becky-

Glad to hear that you it is becoming a family habit. That is great news. It does seem to make it easier to stay OP when the family is doing it with you.

Keep up the good work:D .

Thank you everyone for your support! It's funny I practically had to drag him the first time, the second time he was agreeable to it,and during our second daily walk he actually admitted he liked it. :) I think he realized how much better he feels when getting regular exercise. I know I know how good it feels, but having a buddy helps so much! And we're not there yet with speed or anything, but I figure anything is better than being sedentary! Thanks again everyone! :)

I think you are being very wise, ZPT. First work on making the walk a habit <i>then</i> worry about the speed and distance. Very good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter