Walking & Kayak Nature Adventure (2.5 - 3 hours)

westjones

DIS Veteran
How 'in shape' do you need to be able to do this? Our 11 year old twins will be with us, so it will be 1 kid and 1 adult in the Kayak, so that means the adult (me) will have to do most of the paddling.

Also, we have NEVER been in a Kayak, is it easy to pick up or should we have been 'trainined' before doing this?

Is there cold water available along the way and at the beach, or do we need to carry our own.

Anyone have pictures posted online from this excursion?

THANKS!
DJ

:wave2:

<font color=navy>I've got pics - just click on the link in my signature.

The kayaks are super easy - only two to each one, though. When I went on them, I was by myself, and ended up going with one of the guides. That's probably what'll happen with one of your children.

They give you bottled water at the beginning of the walk (ask to make sure), and there are water stations along the path.

The kayaks are plastic and lightweight, and they have paddles in different sizes for adults and children.

I've taken my kids to a lake in Sequoia since they were younger, and they've paddled the same type kayaks, just a little smaller, easily. I think your 11 year olds won't have any problems. When I went on the walking/kayak tour, there were a couple of 10 years olds, and they had a great time. :)

Thanks! Your pictures are SUPER! It sounds like a great excursion. The 2 in a kayak is perfect for us because DH and I can each take one of the twins with us, so we will be fine with that.

Thanks again! I just LOVED your pictures.
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter