Walking Dead...for kids?

YukonMommy

DIS Veteran
I was wondering peoples opinions on if The Walking Dead experience is for kids. I know it depends on the kids, but overall what would your thoughts be. I have 4 kids (14, 12, 10 and 7).

Thanks for your thoughts.

How are they will gross horror stuff in general? The queue has blood smears on the walls and floors. It would have been gross to me as a kid, but nowadays kids play violent video games on their home computers. Maybe it isn't as gross by today's standards.

Scary looking zombies jump out randomly as you walk through. They don't touch you, but move their arms they are going to grab you. Stuff that like is scary to me, but I was lucky enough to be behind 2 large people and I just stayed behind them because they were like a shield to me. Whenever a zombie jumped out, they unknowingly were blocking me, haha. If I wasn't behind the large people, I think I would have been pretty scared and yes, I am an adult. My 25 y/o was with me and she was screaming through the whole thing, but also laughing between screams.

You may want to look up some youtube videos. Even though cameras are not allowed in there, there are probably some walk throughs online. Here is one:

My full-grown adult husband was scared quite a lot in there!

My son wouldn't even walk near it. Two of his friends watch the show (one older one younger than him) and they would probably go just to be brave, but I bet the younger especially would actually be quite frightened.

While we waited for DH we watched grown adult after grown adult come out looking rather terrified. Some laughing, some not, but very few with "pure" laughs if that makes any sense.

One of the scare-actors when DH went through pretended to be a tourist; he's the one that scared DH the most when the scare finally came.

Thanks everyone. I will have to put some thought into it. My kids do not play violent video games, but have been bird hunting and can whack a fish on the head with the best of them! haha. I will let them watch the above video and see what I can find online.

I went through it once. I wouldn't take my 6 year old.
I didn't find it too bad, but it is a bit in your face, without touching.

We were there in November, my kids were 13, 10, 10. They thought it was hysterical. We went through twice.

I DO NOT like things jumping out at me. I tried watching the show and stopped halfway through the first episode (though I watch medical dramas and Bones with delight) but my husband LOVES the show. I HATED it. I would go again if he asked me (and weirdly I still eventually would like to go to Halloween Horror Nights) but I screamed a lot and when my husband put his hand on my back to reassure me I turned around and punched him in the chest and then swore at him. (there were no children near me we were at the very back of the group let in and had fallen behind everyone) I saw several children up to about age 10 ushered out of the line in tears and we waited less than 20 minutes. You're the best judge of what your children can handle but I have watched tons of videos of the walkthroughs of these houses and I did not think it would bother me as much as it did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter