Walkers permitted?...a few related questions.

mommycrawford

DIS Veteran
This may seem silly, but I do not recall seeing people with walkers on my trips. My mom had just conceeded that she really cannot do sustained walking, and wants to use one with us in the parks.

Does she have to leave it outside rides, like in stroller parking?

Are there rides she won't be able to board?

Any of you with experience, your thoughts and tips would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!:flower3:

Walkers are treated just the same as wheelchairs.
They can be brought all the way to the boarding area and left therre.
If the loading area and unload area are not in the same place, a CM will move it for you.
For some attractions, like the Backlot Tour at the Studio and the train at MK, you would fold it and bring it with you.
CMs will let you know what to do.

If doesn't have a walker yet, she may look into a rollator. It is basically a walker with a fold down seat. Very convenient because she would have the support of a waller, plus a seat for those attractions where guests have to stand for a while.

You can find rollators for various prices - all the way from under $100 to over 600. Many pharmacies carry they or can order them and I have seen them at Costco and Sam's Club also.

Thank you for the info SueM!:wave2: We did get a rolling one, with a seat...it's a bit bigger than a rollator though. It is supposed to fold fairly easily. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter