Walk to DHS from Yacht Club...

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
We're not going to be fast walkers especially since it'll be VERY early in the morning for EMH (I'm sure with a strew of other guests). So what is an approximate walking time/distance from point A to B - and is there a map that shows the path? Thank you!

Orange path on Robo's map, about 20 minute walk
DHS-Epcot-All_012311.jpg

From BWV to HS, it takes us under 15 minutes. From Yacht Club, probably 20 minutes is about right. Its a nice walk along the canal.

We are there now. Our room is the farthest from the lobby. We joke it’s closer to dolphin. We take the exit door at end. Straight behind the Atlantic Dance. We’ve also gotten on and off at the Swan/dolphin boat dock. The walk to HS has taken us 15-20 minutes and we do not walk fast.

The boats are slooooooooow but if the boat is pulling into the BC/YC stop -- Swan and Dolphin you will likely be arriving about the same time....but it is a nice boat ride... I would say the walk to be 20-25 minutes depending on how fast you want to walk but it is not by any means a short walk.... it is over 1 mile if I recall exact closer to 1 1/4

We like to get to the gates early for EMM. The buses from the resorts arrive before the boats. If you want to get there early walk before the boats start.

If you are able to walk at a semi decent pace - you will beat the boats, IMO.

Depends where you are catching it at and how fast you walk... we were at Dolphin, so it was straight shot to HS and the boat was much faster than walking... plus the boats drop you off near the gates. Especially in the hot sun, the boats were much more preferable. And we were usually lucky with a boat coming or not much wait.

Thinking the boats will be packed going for EMH or the wait will be as long as the walk itself. :)
This is almost a guarantee. I've made that walk dozens of times and the times a boat has beaten me (either way) can be counted on one hand.

Personally though, my favorite part about the walk isn't a time savings, thats purely a bonus for us and even if it took longer every time, I'd still opt for it. We love WDW but unless we are in our room, there isn't much "alone" time. It's nice for us to talk together, as a family, talking, telling jokes, whatever and kind of turn off the "rush" mentality for a few minutes.

Last edited:
We are there now. Our room is the farthest from the lobby. We joke it’s closer to dolphin. We take the exit door at end. Straight behind the Atlantic Dance. We’ve also gotten on and off at the Swan/dolphin boat dock. The walk to HS has taken us 15-20 minutes and we do not walk fast.

We had that same room in August of last year. ;) It was such a long walk through the hotel, but once we discovered that exit, it made it so much easier.

We like taking the boat, and we have a picture of the family in front of the light house for the past few years. However, it is SLOW, so if we are in a hurry, we walk.

This is almost a guarantee. I've made that walk dozens of times and the times a boat has beaten me (either way) can be counted on one hand.

Personally though, my favorite part about the walk isn't a time savings, thats purely a bonus for us and even if it took longer every time, I'd still opt for it. We love WDW but unless we are in our room, there isn't much "alone" time. It's nice for us to talk together, as a family, talking, telling jokes, whatever and kind of turn off the "rush" mentality for a few minutes.

Totally agree under normal circumstances, 4:30 a.m. though, it'll be the quietest walk ever. LOL.

We also enjoy the walk.
I think the only time the boat beat us, was when it was just leaving as we left the building or just exiting the park.

Nov 2 race weekend question - I don't think we are going to try to go the to DHS 6am EEMH on Nov 2 but if we did, would the path between Boardwalk and DHS be closed for the race? We love doing the walk but I've never stayed in the Boardwalk area during a race weekend before.

I am a very slow walker.
I've "raced" the boat from the HS dock to YC and beat it every time. I can't imagine anyone walking slower than me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter