Walk to BW/BC/YC restaurants INSTEAD of eating at HS?

letsgoreds

DIS Veteran
I need a lunch option for HS and I always struggle with this. We typically go to 50's Prime Time and have a decent time, but I'm wondering if anyone has walked over to the restaurants at BW/BC/YC and back for lunch. Weather will be low 70's, so not hot for the walk...is this a good/bad idea?

You can walk...and the restaurants are definitely better over there than the ones in DHS, in my opinion. We walked one day from BC to DHS, and it was far....farther than we thought. Not a bad walk, but it would have been better if I had better shoes on that day! So make sure you got your walking shoes on! We think it was probably around a mile. Also, you can catch the boat from DHS to any of the epcot area resorts. :thumbsup2

I'm intrigued by this idea. In fact I didn't even realize HS was that close to any resorts. Which would be a closer/nicer walk HS to BW, or Epcot to BW & is the boat an option from either one? We are thinking if going to ESPN Club one day from Epcot but never thought it was an option i our DS day. Hmm

There's not much open for lunch-nothing I think that is better than most of the DHS TS and you will eat up an hour in travel time whether you walk or take the boat.

Most of the restaurants at these resorts are not open for lunch. There are some great dinner options but I would stay in the park for lunch.

I'm intrigued by this idea. In fact I didn't even realize HS was that close to any resorts. Which would be a closer/nicer walk HS to BW, or Epcot to BW & is the boat an option from either one? We are thinking if going to ESPN Club one day from Epcot but never thought it was an option i our DS day. Hmm

EPCOT is closer. You can look at the resorts if you want. The walk from Studios is mostly woodsy and the water. There is a boat from both. The boats leave very 20min. And stop at BW, Swan/Dolphin, YC and EPCOT. I can't remember the exact order!

There's not much open for lunch-nothing I think that is better than most of the DHS TS and you will eat up an hour in travel time whether you walk or take the boat.

Most of the restaurants at these resorts are not open for lunch. There are some great dinner options but I would stay in the park for lunch.

You can eat at Big River, Capt Grille or ESPN. Or at Crew Cup, which is a lounge but is kid friendly and has a decent menu. We like the food at all these places. Our fav resort is BW because of the location and food/drinks! ;)

It depends when you are going I suppose. We stayed at BWV in August and even though it is a short nice walk, in the middle of the day in August it was brutal walking back to our room. We are in decent shape, but 105 degrees just takes everything out of you. So in August, nope I wouldn't leave for lunch. But at a cooler time of year? Sure why not? Kouzzina would be a nice choice for something different. Or you could hop over to Beaches and Cream for decent burgers.:)

ETA) Confirm they are open for lunch first though. I just read the post a few above mine and realized they might not be!

I need a lunch option for HS and I always struggle with this. We typically go to 50's Prime Time and have a decent time, but I'm wondering if anyone has walked over to the restaurants at BW/BC/YC and back for lunch. Weather will be low 70's, so not hot for the walk...is this a good/bad idea?

We walk this each time we go to HS or Epcot and usually stop to have something at the bakery or pizza window. It is about 2 miles round trip between the two parks, but it's quicker than taking the bus honestly. ;) But there are places at HS we like but trying some of the places at the resorts in upcoming trips.

I really need to look at a dang map! I didn't realize these options were there, and this will be our 3rd trip coming up. Sheesh!

We used the boats a few weeks ago. The loop is HS - S/D - BC/YC - BW - EP.

I am not sure of the way back actually, we never did it that way.

One of my favorite places to eat is at Picabu at the Dolphin. It's cafeteria style, and can be a bit expensive, but the food has always been really, really good. It's on the ground floor of the Dolphin....walk in the revolving doors, go to the left, and keep walking. You will go to the right, at Fresh, then at the end of the hallway, go left, past the elevator bank....go right and you're there.

If they are open, the question becomes do you want to give up an hour of your day just to get to/from lunch? (I think ESPN, Beaches and Cream, and maybe one or two others are open) Yes, the dining choices at DHS aren't stellar, but you would need to weigh your in park activities to decide if that hour of travel is worth it.

Thanks guys! I was just trying to think outside of the box...because it seems like everytime we're at HS we have a hard time figuring out where to eat. I forgot about the S/D option. That sounded like a nice option.

We are also considering BC or YC CL next Dec, so wanting to do some recognisance ; )

If they are open, the question becomes do you want to give up an hour of your day just to get to/from lunch? (I think ESPN, Beaches and Cream, and maybe one or two others are open) Yes, the dining choices at DHS aren't stellar, but you would need to weigh your in park activities to decide if that hour of travel is worth it.

Agreed. We will probably see how much we get accomplished in the AM, and go from there.

We gone to the BW several times if not eating lunch at MM. We took the boat and got off at the 1st stop ( I think it was S/D but not sure) and walked from there to ESPN.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter