Walk from Grand Floridian to Ticket Transportation Center

skibum25

Mouseketeer
Has anyone walked from the Grand Floridian to the Ticket Transportation Center? How long does it take? Is it quicker then taking the Monorail around and doing the transfer? Any idea how far it is? I've searched all over but can't find anything about this walk. Maybe because it's futher then it looks...

I'm guessing 20-25 minutes depending on your speed, about 1/2 of that from Grand Floridian to the Poly, the other half from Poly to TTC.

Quicker than the monorail? Probably not, but might be the same since the monorail has to stop at MK and Contemporary before it hits the TTC. Depends on how long they stop the monorail for.

It could be a nice thing to do if you're looking for a stroll and if it's not a very hot day or rainy day.

It's a pretty far hike, nice scenery but I think the monorail would be a lot quicker. And air-conditioned. :)

You could walk from the GF to the TTC, but it would be a bit of a hike. There is a paved walking path from the GF to the Poly.

I'd probably just take the monorail from GF to TTC.

I saw the walkway and it didn't look that far. Sounds like it might be a little further then I anticipated. I'll take the monorail. Do the boats go the same direction, clockwise, as the Monorail?

I saw the walkway and it didn't look that far. Sounds like it might be a little further then I anticipated. I'll take the monorail. Do the boats go the same direction, clockwise, as the Monorail?

From the GF the boat will go to the Poly and then to MK.

Leaving MK it will go to GF first. This is usually faster than riding the monorail loop if you see a boat coming.

As for walking to TTC from the GF, it would probably take longer to walk. After the monorail leaves the GF it goes to MK then CR then TTC. Maybe 10 minutes? (not including the wait for the monorail). However, there are times where the monorail platform at the GF is packed with people waiting, plus the monorail is pretty full once it arrives, thus only letting few people on at a time. (Right before MNSSHP, MVMCP, PM EMH etc are examples that come to mind). In this instance, the walk might be quicker.

It' s less than a mile so shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.
You should probably beat the monorail including transferring to the Epcot monorail.

I agree the walk is less than a mile and probably should take no more than 15 to 20 minutes unless you have little children walking with you. Maybe even 10 minutes if you are a fast walker.

Time-wise ... you never know how long the monorail may take ... could be a wait for it at GF ... and then other delays for 'traffic' at MK and CR. Walking is more predictable if you are up for the walk. Of course, if it's really hot you might enjoy the comfort of the AC in the monorail.

We just got back and the walk from Aoeteora (longhouse) to GF was about 10 minutes at a nice pace. It was about the same from Aoeteora to the TTC. So I'd say 20 minutes is about right if you aren't speed walking. It would be a nice walk but I don't see it saving all that much time. Monorails are fairly consistent in coming ... they aren't like buses.

I would say to take the Resort Monorail because if it's running without any problems and not stopping on the track for traffic clearance then it will be faster ride then you think to the TTC, despite it's two stops at the Magic Kingdom and Contemporary before arriving there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter