Walk from BWV to Epcot?

Absolutely! It's just a little further than walking from BCV. We only ride the boat if it happens to be pulling in otherwise we always walk. It's also possible to walk to DHS from BWV too.

To the International Gateway entrance, yes
To the front entrance of Epcot, no
To front entrance:
Go through the International Gateway entrance
Turn L through Britain - short route
Turn R through France - long route
Go pass the fountain in the Future World and out the front gate.

To front entrance:
Go through the International Gateway entrance
Turn L through Britain - short route
Turn R through France - long route
Go pass the fountain in the Future World and out the front gate.

Right, I meant you can't walk to the front entrance without entering the park. Some people want to walk to the monorail but don't have a ticket to enter the park.

Love staying at BWV just for the walking distance to EPCOT and DHS- depending on where your room actually is, and the speed you walk, we can make it to the International Gateway in 5-8 minutes, and to DHS in 15-20 minutes. Always enjoy seeing the boats loading as we pass and seeing if we can beat them... and frequently do! You can look online at satellite maps like google or mapquest and easily see the paths and see how close everything really is.

Right, I meant you can't walk to the front entrance without entering the park. Some people want to walk to the monorail but don't have a ticket to enter the park.

This is really important if you take the monorail back from the MK hoping to cut through Epcot and you don't have hoppers. There isn't a bus from the front of Epcot to the Epcot resorts - you need to take a bus to DHS and then walk or take the boat to BWV/BCV. I've seen some grumpy people.

In the mornings, unless its an Epcot early entry morning, it isn't worthwhile to walk through Epcot to catch the monorail - you can't cut through until after rope drop and then it takes another half hour plus (at least) to walk to the front and take the monorail in, transfer monorails, and get to the MK.

In the afternoon we often do this, we do one no need for a Fastpass attraction in Future World and then walk back - sometimes grabbing something from the French bakery or Fish and Chips.

Map by Robo shows walking paths between EPCOT rsorts and DHS & EPCOT:

DHS-Epcot-IG-Fwks_071014_zps62eda25b.jpg

To clarify, can you see the DHS fireworks clearly in the 'hot pink' section?

Yes, but you should really be on the boardwalk along the lake, not behind the BWV on the canal to DHS. Also, you will only be able to see the higher level fireworks from outside the park. You need to be in EPCOT around the World Showcase to see any of the show that happens on the Globe.

IMO, if you aren't going into EPCOT, the best view would be from the bridge over the canal that goes between the lake and EPCOT's International Gateway.

Yes, but you should really be on the boardwalk along the lake, not behind the BWV on the canal to DHS. Also, you will only be able to see the higher level fireworks from outside the park. You need to be in EPCOT around the World Showcase to see any of the show that happens on the Globe.

IMO, if you aren't going into EPCOT, the best view would be from the bridge over the canal that goes between the lake and EPCOT's International Gateway.

I believe you were responding for viewing Illuminations in Epcot, not fireworks in DHS, correct Carol?

For DHS, you can see them from the hot pink section but some will be blocked by trees and of course no music so it's not quite the same effect. Still, we've watched from there if we were not wanting to head all the way down to DHS.

I believe you were responding for viewing Illuminations in Epcot, not fireworks in DHS, correct Carol?

For DHS, you can see them from the hot pink section but some will be blocked by trees and of course no music so it's not quite the same effect. Still, we've watched from there if we were not wanting to head all the way down to DHS.
Oops! Yes, you're right. I was referring to IllumiNations. Agree with your answer re DHS fireworks.

Yea I've seen Illuminations from the back entrance before. Haven't yet seen the DHS fireworks & not sure if I'll make it inside the park next time so this would be nice.
Thank you both for your input!!!

We have never stayed at the Epcot resorts, but have dined many times in that area and loved being able to walk into Epcot thru gateway. Very Convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter