Walk Away The Pounds

uncgsweetz16

Powered by Disney
Hey everyone! I am extremley interested in learning more about this workout. Are there different ones? How long does it take? Have you seen results? Please let me know! Thanks so much!

:Pinkbounc

I have about a dozen different WATP DVD's

I've definitely toned, endurance is better and the biggest thing I noticed were my good cholesterol levels - went up almost 20 pts.

Great question - I have been wondering too. Which should we start out buying? I walk about a 16 minute mile.

I started doing these DVDs at the suggestion of people here. I started with the 1 mile, but didn't feel it was enough for me. I then moved to the 2 mile and that was great. Now I also do a 3 mile when I have enough time. I do enjoy Leslie Sansone and I find her easy to understand and keep up with. I also bought a 4 mile already for when I get to that point.

As for time, each mile is approx. 15 mins. So, the 1 mile is 15, the 2 mile 30, etc.

I tried doing one of the Firm DVDs this week - and I will NEVER be able to keep up with all those crazy moves! :rolleyes:

Let's see what I can do:

I first bought WATP Express set - I got at Sam's for around $30. It had 1 & 2 mile, 3 mile and 4 mile. 1 & 2 are both good for beginners, 3 is a bit harder and 4 was a challenge when I started out. I think 1 is about 20+ min, 2 about 30, 3 about 45 and 4 is under an hour. They use the 'stretchie' band - like the pilates bands - basicall a 4" wide strap of thin rubber.

I have Walk the Walk a Christian music 1 & 2 mile. Slightly harder than the other 1/2 mile. No stretchie.

Walk Strong - don't remember much about this one - about 30 min. I know this is an older one. I've only done it a very few times. Uses the stretchie.

Walk & Kick. Also about 30 min. Kind of fun as it has some kick boxing type moves mixed in.

WATP Abs - has a 1, 2 & 3 mile version. I also bought this at either Sam's or Costco. This uses the 'AB Belt'. I really like the 3 mile on this one. 1 & 2 are pretty easy.

Weight Loss Walk - I've only done this one once, maybe. I remember it being another older one, although I bought it new off Ebay fairly recently.

Fat Burning - Same info as the Weight Loss.

My true favorite is the 5 mile which is new. 1st mile uses 2 lb hand weights, 2nd mile is a 10 min mile, 3rd uses the ab belt, 4th is a 12 min mile, 5th uses the stretchie. It is 66 min.

I also have the 3 CD's which are 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 miles. Good beat for walking if you walk outside.

I also have, but have never opened the WalkBlaster. I bought it as a reward to me, and I've yo-yo'd so much I haven't earned it yet.

Somewhere I also have the Pilates which I've never done.

I know our Walmart sells a couple of different ones - 1 is walk kick. Sams also has a 2 pack, but I don't remember what is in it.

If you buy the 5 mile, it has a code to get free 12 wks in her 'walk club' which gets a discount on the stuff at her site. I haven't signed up yet, but it's on my 'to do ' list for this week.

LMK if you have any other questions.

Hi everyone! I just bought this off Amazon...have you tried them and what are your thoughts?! Walk Away the Pounds 2-Pack: Super Fat Burning + Get Up and Get Started High Calorie Burn. Currently I am on WW and have about 5-10 more pounds to loose to be where I want to be. I recently just joined Curves 3 weeks ago and work out there 3 days a week. Once a week I am doing the Biggest Loser Workout DVD. I read alot of reviews on Amazon that said this was an amazing set but was more for people just starting to work out. Is this true? I am looking for something to do on the same days I do Curves and on the off days to do the Biggest Loser DVD. I have a cruise in June and really want to be toned and in shape. Please help! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks so much! :grouphug:

I have several as well and really enjoy them. The nutritionist gave us one that she's done for diabetics so that we had something at home to use (even though we aren't diabetic (dd and I)) and I enjoyed it that I went out and got the Express and 1 and 2 mile and then a 3 mile (which I haven't done yet) and then also got the Walk and Kick at WalMart. I really like the Walk and Kick. I did it one morning before work and it was a great way to start my day (30 minutes of all kinds of movements).

The thing that I really like is it's not just walking - she puts in side steps, leg kicks, knee lifts and then a back lift that stretches the hamstring.

Here's some crazy suggestions.

If you are coordinated enough and can keep your balance, exercise holding 3lbs. weights. Be very careful! It give you extra weight and works on your arm muscles as well.

If you are not feeling challenged enough by walk kick/jog any of her interval training, do the jogging/kicking and then the walking during the short kick/jog parts.

There's some crazy ways to keep your body moving and challenged.

OP, I don't know enough about the dvds you got. Be sure to give us a report when you start doing them. :yay:

If you are going to use the WATP dvd the same day as Curves it will be great.

Wow Julie, do you have stock in Leslie's company? lol,

I have 2 cd's , the 1st if the WATP one mile and the other is a 4 miler, which I haven't been able to finish. I would love to visit Leslie's studio, in PA, that would be a blast! Maybe we should plan a trip? :thumbsup2

I had the 1 mile(machine ate it) and have the 2 and 3 mile. I started with the one. Not too much but able to do in my jammies early in the morning. Not too tuff to stick too at the beginning. I do the 2mile or 3 depending on my own energy level when the weather is crappy and I cannot get out and walk. My butt and legs hurt the next day so I know it is doing its job. I just heard about a DVD called Turbojam that is suppose to be a good all around workout and keep you motivated. Need to look for it for those rainy Spring days.

monte said:
Wow Julie, do you have stock in Leslie's company? lol,

I have 2 cd's , the 1st if the WATP one mile and the other is a 4 miler, which I haven't been able to finish. I would love to visit Leslie's studio, in PA, that would be a blast! Maybe we should plan a trip? :thumbsup2

Nope, no stock, but I wish I did!!

I just found that her stuff is somthing I can do with my sometimes iffy rebuilt ankle and it works. I'm about to join her walk club(you get 12 wks free w/ the 5 mile - find it in the nutrition or diet segment) so I"ll likely pick up a couple more.

After reading the review of TurboJam, I bought it this weekend. Hopefully I can do it, or Ebay it will go.

I love Leslie and WATP's :thumbsup2 I need to start doing mine again till Spring actually comes and I can walk along the lake again! This winter has been forever it seems!

Hi everyone! Thanks for all of your feedback! I am a little confused as to what to do now. Currently I work out 3 days a week at Curves during lunch and on my off days I do a workout from the Biggest Loser DVD. I wanted something to do at night or on rainy days. I tried this workout and I am not sure how I feel about it.

On Saturday I did the one mile. I enjoyed her style but did not feel challenged. Later that evening my DH and I did the 2 mile. I still did not feel challenged. On Sunday morning I did the 3 mile and after I was done I hadn't even broke a sweat. I notcied that no one on the video looked like they had either. Is this how most people respond to this?!

I really love her style and I loved knowing all day yesterday I had walked 3 miles but I want to do something else to push me. Have any of you been in a similar situation? Which one of her DVD's you would suggest next? I was thinking of the Walk/Jog DVD. Amazon had great reviews. Please let me know. HELP!! Thanks so much in advance!!

:cheer2: :woohoo: :yay:

Hi, uncgsweetz16! :wave:

Currently I work out 3 days a week at Curves during lunch and on my off days I do a workout from the Biggest Loser DVD.

I have the Walk Strong DVD and the BL DVD. The Walk Strong that I have does not use a stretchy as goldcupmom said, so mine may be different. I just picked it up last month at WalMart. It's a 30 minute session that Leslie says is equivalent to walking 2 miles (the energy you use). She uses weights, which she says you can up to what you are comfortable with. There are 4 other women doing the moves, one uses the WATP weights, one uses hand weights, one uses 3 lb. weights and one doesn't use weights. Leslie uses 5 pounds ( I think!!). She breaks it into 3 sessions of walking and strength training, which I thought was kindof interesting. For a quick workout it is ok, but it's not going to be as challenging as Bob!! Because you can up the weights, you should be able to find a level that would give you the challenge that you are looking for ...IMO :rotfl: Have you thought about Jillian's Biggest Winner DVD?? :rotfl2:

Good luck in your search. Great exercising!! :cheer2: Anne

After reading lots of reviews I am going to netflix the Walk and Jog and the Walk and Kick to see how I like those. I like the 3 mile and it does get my heart rate up and using the weights is very effective BUT it takes close to 47 minutes which is so long. Doing something for 30 minutes as opposed to 45 is a big difference when you just got home from work and have a gazillion things to do. Thanks for everyones advice!!

:thumbsup2

uncgsweetz16 said:
Hi everyone! Thanks for all of your feedback! I am a little confused as to what to do now. Currently I work out 3 days a week at Curves during lunch and on my off days I do a workout from the Biggest Loser DVD. I wanted something to do at night or on rainy days. I tried this workout and I am not sure how I feel about it.

On Saturday I did the one mile. I enjoyed her style but did not feel challenged. Later that evening my DH and I did the 2 mile. I still did not feel challenged. On Sunday morning I did the 3 mile and after I was done I hadn't even broke a sweat. I notcied that no one on the video looked like they had either. Is this how most people respond to this?!

I really love her style and I loved knowing all day yesterday I had walked 3 miles but I want to do something else to push me. Have any of you been in a similar situation? Which one of her DVD's you would suggest next? I was thinking of the Walk/Jog DVD. Amazon had great reviews. Please let me know. HELP!! Thanks so much in advance!!

:cheer2: :woohoo: :yay:

Well the WaTP tapes were what helped me loose all my weight before! I didn't go to a gym at all. I just alternated the 2 and 3 mile every day and got up to where I was using 5 lb weights with the exercises. Were you using the weights when you did the exercises? I loved those tapes and have been thinking about going back to them again. But I'm torn because the weather's been nice enough to actually go on walks in the park in the mornings....

I just had the regular plain vanilla Walk Away the Pounds with 1, 2, and 3 mile videos and the 1 lb weighted balls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter