Waitlist ?

DougEMG

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
How do you create a waitlist. I'm looking at a room type that I want for a week, but only 3 days are available. It will let me book the 3 days, but I don't see any option to waitlist the entire week.

It changes to select the available days but just select the entire stay again on the new calendar it is showing the availability. Then it switches to waitlisting instead of booking.

I didn’t know this! I always called when it happened. So good to see it as an option!

Thanks a lot, that worked no problem.

Did it use to work differently. I've created 1-2 waitlists in the past and don't remember doing it that way. I though it automatically gave you the option of doing the waitlist right away.

Did it use to work differently. I've created 1-2 waitlists in the past and don't remember doing it that way. I though it automatically gave you the option of doing the waitlist right away.
I don't recall it working differently. If there were no nights available it would go straight to offering the waitlist however if there are some nights available in your selected time period it will automatically select the longest group of nights available.

It was that way back before they changed the website to having the RAT and online booking combined. I believe at that time you had to go back a step to select available days if you wanted to do that instead of waitlist the entire stay.

I don't recall it working differently. If there were no nights available it would go straight to offering the waitlist however if there are some nights available in your selected time period it will automatically select the longest group of nights available.

Maybe that is what happened when I did the last wait list.

I would book the 3 nights and waitlist the other 4. there will be a better chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter