Waiting for Dec. 09 flight costs

SageFemme

Mouseketeer
Is anyone else waiting for the Dec. 09 flight costs to be posted? That is going to determine whether we fly or drive! I was thinking if someone finds out before me they can post them.

You can book flights on legacy airlines 330 days out. Which means flights for December 1st 2009 will be available for purchase on January 5th. However I can almost ensure you when December 2009 flights are available to purchase the fare offered will not be the lowest and best fare. Typically the lowest fares are offered several months in advance.

Go to travelocity and do a "Flexible Date" search. This will show you all the fares offered ans when they are valid.

uva185, you're right! I just checked out our travel dates, Dec. 4-7 from OKC to MCO and it was saying $400 per person! I even checked Dec. 1-4 to see if it'd be cheaper due to 4-7 being through the weekend and it wasn't. Approx. when does it get cheaper? We will probably end up driving.

It's way too early to decide NOT to fly in December based on airfares that are available 11 months in advance! You could plan on driving unless you find airfares that you are willing to pay, but don't rule out flying because fares are high at first.

I agree that it's way too early to decide this. At least wait until Southwest come out with their early December fares, and that won't happen for many months now. Since Oklahoma City is lucky enough to be a Southwest city, you would be well-advised to see what they come out with. They are only selling thru June now, but sampling fares I am seeing under $320 round-trip on Southwest, OKC to MCO (one stop). And frankly, I'd prefer Southwest to most of the other carriers at OKC.

So hold your horses, and plan to fly for now until you know for sure.

Good luck!

I just had always assumed that flights would be cheapest the earlier you book. But I will wait and see what they are when they go down. Thanks guys!

We need flights for December as well, but everyone is right about waiting. I was told that 8-6 weeks prior to the date you want to fly is the optimal time price wise for booking. Continental out of Cleveland is running $318 per person right now, which we are not paying. I know just checking over the last months that the flights were like $200 in November for the December flights. So waiting is worth it.

uva185, you're right! I just checked out our travel dates, Dec. 4-7 from OKC to MCO and it was saying $400 per person! I even checked Dec. 1-4 to see if it'd be cheaper due to 4-7 being through the weekend and it wasn't. Approx. when does it get cheaper? We will probably end up driving.

Right now the cheapest fares from OKC-MCO are only valid thru June ay $200 roundtrip. I would start looking in late Spring / early Summer for travel in December. Since you are willing to drive you could even wait until the fall for some fare sales to be announced since fall is typically a low tourism season.

I bought airfare for my daughter and I for a last minute trip December 2008. I booked Manchester NH to Orlando for $98 for December 5 a week and a half ahead of time. The next day I got a ding for $89. My thought is "WAIT" :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter