Wait Until I Book the 2nd SW Leg Before Registering For DME?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
I've got our downward leg booked, can't get the return until May 18. Should I wait until then to book DME or can I do what I have now then add the return? A related issue, we'll want to take more than 2 checked bags with us, should I just list myself for 2 and wifey for 2 or is there some way to just get 4 tags by another means?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

You do not need to wait - you can schedule the first reservation now, and add the second later. That way you are in the system to have your packet sent out pretrip. I have even added the second reservation while at WDW when I haven't gotten to it before the trip. When you call, you can let them know you need tags for 2 bags each. We always have one person with an extra bag that we bring down with snacks/room for souvineers back, but I can't recall if they sent 2 per person, or if I had to ask for extra to be sent.

You do not need to wait - you can schedule the first reservation now, and add the second later. That way you are in the system to have your packet sent out pretrip. I have even added the second reservation while at WDW when I haven't gotten to it before the trip. When you call, you can let them know you need tags for 2 bags each. We always have one person with an extra bag that we bring down with snacks/room for souvineers back, but I can't recall if they sent 2 per person, or if I had to ask for extra to be sent.

Thanks! Just what I wanted to hear.

Bill From PA

I've got our downward leg booked, can't get the return until May 18. Should I wait until then to book DME or can I do what I have now then add the return? A related issue, we'll want to take more than 2 checked bags with us, should I just list myself for 2 and wifey for 2 or is there some way to just get 4 tags by another means?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

You can book whenever, it doesn't matter. As for the tags, all you have to do is ask them. When I called for this trip, I told the rep that I needed extra luggage tags, and she sent me an extra set in a separate envelope.

Our experience has been they only send one tag per person unless you request extra. We asked for extra our last trip and like scrapquilter, it was no issue, and they sent them in a different envelope (that arrived the same day as the other tags).

Last Oct was the first time we used DME and I asked our DVC owner to book the service not knowing I could do it. As we got close to our date and the tags weren't in our hands yet I booked also then shortly we got 2 envelopes with 2 tags each. Thanks for the replies!

Bill From PA

It really doesn't matter. I am often in the same boat and usually wait until I have the second leg booked, just to make it easier on myself -- so I have to go through the registration process once instead of twice. Others are correct about calling for extra luggage tags. They only send one tag per person, so you must request additional tags if you need them. Last trip, I actually received the extra tags before I received my DME packet!

Agree with mousestruck - what's the rush?

If you can't book the return leg until May 18, you must be flying Southwest and your trip probably isn't until late October /early November. I'd wait and do it all at the same time. YMMV.

Agree with mousestruck - what's the rush?

If you can't book the return leg until May 18, you must be flying Southwest and your trip probably isn't until late October /early November. I'd wait and do it all at the same time. YMMV.

Yep, that's the plan now. We're there from Nov 2 to Nov 11 flying SW out of PHL so May the 18th it will be.

Bill From PA

Yep, that's the plan now. We're there from Nov 2 to Nov 11 flying SW out of PHL so May the 18th it will be.

Bill From PA
We really are in the exact same boat! We are going Nov. 3 through Nov. 11 out of PHL, too! Booked my SWA flights out and will be waiting with you to book Nov. 11. I am hoping the schedule will still have that 7:50 p.m. flight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter