Wait on Pts or Rent Now at SSR

disbound09

Mouseketeer
Thank you for any help here. First time booking and New DVC owner.

What is the "normal" availability of SSR in June? Purchased 320 SSR and am waiting for points to hit account expect it to be around April 12th.

We have non refundable airfare booked to be at Disney June 12th.

Signed contract 1/9 didn't expect looooong delays that we have experienced.

We must rent 2 bedroom due to number of people 4 adults 1 child.

Should we rent now 2 Bedroom or do you think SSR will still be available two months out for June 12th

thanks again!

What is the "normal" availability of SSR in June? Purchased 320 SSR and am waiting for points to hit account expect it to be around April 12th.

Should we rent now 2 Bedroom or do you think SSR will still be available two months out for June 12th

thanks again!

How long is your stay? It's possible, but risky given your nonrefundable airfare. I would suggest booking a refundable option, like an off-site or a cash Disney option that's refundable up to a week before. By the way, most DVCs (including SSR, I believe) will allow 5 in a 1BR, but won't necessarily provide the bedding (bring airbed or the child sleeps with you). A 1BR at OKW has a sleeper chair, so bedding for 5.

Have you closed yet, or do you have a closing date? Good luck! Keep us posted!

If it were me, I'd make a cash back up reservation (because you already have the non-refundable air fare) and wait it out. Be sure that you can cancel this without penalty.

With any luck at all, you will get your 2 bedroom at SSR and maybe even have a choice or two at other resorts. The summer months are easier to book on short notice than almost any other time of the year (mid January to mid February, May and September are probably the easiest times). SSR is the largest WDW DVC resort and often has availability at the "last minute". I'm nearly 100% positive there are still 2 bedrooms available for that time right now.

Good luck!

thanks again!

Right now, SSR and OKW are wide open an totally available for 2 bedrooms starting June 12 for a week. With any luck you can get either one.

Agree that you should book a cash reservation that can be cancelled. Just in case. Good luck!!

How long is your stay? It's possible, but risky given your nonrefundable airfare. I would suggest booking a refundable option, like an off-site or a cash Disney option that's refundable up to a week before. By the way, most DVCs (including SSR, I believe) will allow 5 in a 1BR, but won't necessarily provide the bedding (bring airbed or the child sleeps with you). A 1BR at OKW has a sleeper chair, so bedding for 5.

Have you closed yet, or do you have a closing date? Good luck! Keep us posted!

We are staying for one week thru the 19th. I was considering renting from a DVC member @12.00 per pt. So I would be committed there even if pts came in. We want to stay at SSR

The 4 adults include Wife and myself our two 6' 200lb sons and a 10 year old who won't sleep with mom and dad anymore.

We wired money on March 4th. Title company waiting on additional docs from seller. Not sure of timeline at this point.

Right now, SSR and OKW are wide open an totally available for 2 bedrooms starting June 12 for a week. With any luck you can get either one.

Agree that you should book a cash reservation that can be cancelled. Just in case. Good luck!!

Thanks Dizbud and CarolMn Where do I go to book a cash reservation at SSR?

Thanks Dizbud and CarolMn Where do I go to book a cash reservation at SSR?

Disneyworld.com There's a sale now good for your first three nights that brings a 2BR at SSR down to about what you'd pay to rent those points. It depends on what your new contract looks like (i.e., if it has points that would go to waste if you didn't use them on this trip), but with the wide-open points availability that DizBub described, I'd book the refundable cash reservation.

Disneyworld.com There's a sale now good for your first three nights that brings a 2BR at SSR down to about what you'd pay to rent those points. It depends on what your new contract looks like (i.e., if it has points that would go to waste if you didn't use them on this trip), but with the wide-open points availability that DizBub described, I'd book the refundable cash reservation.

Thanks for info. Just checked with disney and for the dates and tax SSR $5700. Ouch!

I am hoping to get my points back sooner but don't trust my title company or Realtor as they have been less than stellar throughout.

You could always book your back-up at Port Orleans Riverside, that'll run @ $3300 instead for 2 rooms.

You could reserve a family suite at All-Star Music or AoA as a backup. A week at an AoA family suite (at rack rate) is showing up as $2461.

Good luck! We just bought at SSR and are waiting for our info from Disney too. Our trip isn't planned until January so we have some time.

You could reserve a family suite at All-Star Music or AoA as a backup. A week at an AoA family suite (at rack rate) is showing up as $2461.

Good luck! We just bought at SSR and are waiting for our info from Disney too. Our trip isn't planned until January so we have some time.

I would do this... book a family suite or two rooms somewhere as a backup, once you get your points try and book somewhere. Did you need to be at SSR for any particular reason? I think, though can't promise it will be the case, that you will be able to find something for a 2 bedroom in June but would OKW or AKV ((just chose those as they are larger resorts)) also be an option for you? If you can broaden your resort options you should be able to find something I'd think.

Good luck OP and you're nearly at the point to say Welcome Home! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!