Wait a minute-- no ADRs can be made July 28- until OCTOBER???

Ginamarie

DIS Veteran
If I'm reading the latest news item correctly, the ADR system is going to be down for maintenance from the end of July through the end of October.. and then we go back to a 180 day window.

Do they have ANY IDEA what kind of bedlem is going to ensue the day the phone lines reopen... with a three month back-up. I'm totally shaking my head over this one.:confused3

I didn't read it that way at all. I think they are just updating the system until October. It said that ADR's can be made until January 2009. After October the 180 day window will be back in place so you could book ADR's past January.

I understand your frustration and believe me I will be checking that all of my ADR's for August are still in place before we leave.

I do agree with you that it all has potential to become a nightmare.:eek:

Joanne

I may be off base, but the way I read it was that between now and Oct. you can make ADRs for dates up until Late January (can remember the exact date in Jan.). Then once the new system is up it'll be back to the 180 days for dates from Late January onward (although people trying to book for, say, Feb., will really be booking about 90 days out by the time their window is open).

I didn't read it that way at all. I think they are just updating the system until October. It said that ADR's can be made until January 2009. After October the 180 day window will be back in place so you could book ADR's past January.

I understand your frustration and believe me I will be checking that all of my ADR's for August are still in place before we leave.

I do agree with you that it all has potential to become a nightmare.:eek:

Joanne

I may be off base, but the way I read it was that between now and Oct. you can make ADRs for dates up until Late January (can remember the exact date in Jan.). Then once the new system is up it'll be back to the 180 days for dates from Late January onward (although people trying to book for, say, Feb., will really be booking about 90 days out by the time their window is open).

I'm reading it the same way you guys are, but I still think it's an issue. This means that people who are travelling in late Jan, Feb, March.. they won't be able to make reservations until October. While people normally rush to the phone on the 180 mark EACH DAY.. all those days are going to pass while people can't make reservations. When the phone lines begin making reservations past Jan 21.. it will be the start date for ALL dates between then and the new 180 day mark!

i really dont understand what it means at all! can someone explain to me what it means??? thank you

i really dont understand what it means at all! can someone explain to me what it means??? thank you

Your signature says you're going in 20 days....so you hopefully already have your ADRs made....if not, don't delay....not because of the changes, but because it's too busy a time of year to not have an ADR.

If you have another trip planned before January 2009, you'll still be able to make your ADRs just fine.

If you have a trip that is after January 25 than you better hurry and make it immediately (before July 21) because as of July 21, you won't be able to call in and make any ADRs until October. In October you'll be back to being able to make ADRs and change them for a 180 day window.

If you're going between now and January 25, nothing is different, you can call and make any ADRs or changes you need.

I feel sorry for the folks whose trips will span before and after January 25. Planning is not going to be easy not knowing whether you'll get the reservations you need to make the rest of your plan work.

I wonder what the new ADR system will be like....will it be any better for us, maybe the ability to book online (oh be still my beating heart!), or will it just be a way to catch double bookers....or will it be that all ADRs will require credit card deposits/holds.....or will it just clear out the last decade of debris in their system, :lmao:

I just got off the phone with Disney to cancel our ADR's, and I asked about the change to 90 days. The CSR said that the 90 day change is being looked into by the marketing department, and an official word would be announced shortly. She also mentioned that it would screw up the way people make ADR's and she is anticipating lots of phone calls on incorrect days. :sad2:

I feel sorry for the folks whose trips will span before and after January 25. Planning is not going to be easy not knowing whether you'll get the reservations you need to make the rest of your plan work.

This would be me! We begin our trip on January 19th and end our trip on January 29th! I was all ready to go to book my ADR's on July 23rd (my 180 window) now I am so confused :confused3 and frustrated :mad: ! With this new system, and no January hours yet - I am about ready to pull out some of my beautiful hair! I don't know if I will still be able to make some of my ADR's now or not! Everybody is saying different things about dates and when this system goes into effect - aaarrggg! I just wish Disney would hurry up and release something official!

sorry, piggy back/ killing your thread.

we are hoping to get ADR for feb 9th, and one more for anytime between the 10th- 12th ( 2 dinners, undecided where yet) so........my original 180 day mark would be be August 18th 2008 - when can i start trying to get ADR's wis this change?
wil the PS calculator be updated? ( the link through allearsnet )

I am glad i saw this........i thought a change was just a rumor:confused3

OK. I allready made all my ADRs for my December trip. Should I call to confirm the ressies by a certain date or trust that nothing happens to them during the system upgrade? If I do call when should I do that and what do I say?

sorry, piggy back/ killing your thread.

we are hoping to get ADR for feb 9th, and one more for anytime between the 10th- 12th ( 2 dinners, undecided where yet) so........my original 180 day mark would be be August 18th 2008 - when can i start trying to get ADR's wis this change?
wil the PS calculator be updated? ( the link through allearsnet )

I am glad i saw this........i thought a change was just a rumor:confused3

Yeah, you're going to fit into the boat of people who have to wait until October! You won't be able to make reservations in August, because the system won't take reservations past the January cut off date at that point. As soon as they go active again at the end of October, you can make your ressies.

OK. I allready made all my ADRs for my December trip. Should I call to confirm the ressies by a certain date or trust that nothing happens to them during the system upgrade? If I do call when should I do that and what do I say?

You should be FINE for December. This is only going to be a pain for people travelling at the very end of January, and then Feb/March.

This would be me! We begin our trip on January 19th and end our trip on January 29th! I was all ready to go to book my ADR's on July 23rd (my 180 window) now I am so confused :confused3 and frustrated :mad: ! With this new system, and no January hours yet - I am about ready to pull out some of my beautiful hair! I don't know if I will still be able to make some of my ADR's now or not! Everybody is saying different things about dates and when this system goes into effect - aaarrggg! I just wish Disney would hurry up and release something official!

I am with you on the frustration level. DS and I are tentatively scheduled for January 24 to 29. I don't know what the heck to do. I can make two ADRs now, I guess, for the first two days but no calendar (trying to scope out the P&PP dates) and no 2009 DDP info (to see if we'll do it and, yes, I understand it isn't usually available so early) makes figuring it out really, really hard. Grrrr. :confused3

We are going Feb 5-9. It is going to be awful the day they reopen to the 180 day window. The phone lines will be so bogged down with people that did not get to call in August or September.:eek: :scared1: :scared:

I am with you on the frustration level. DS and I are tentatively scheduled for January 24 to 29. I don't know what the heck to do. I can make two ADRs now, I guess, for the first two days but no calendar (trying to scope out the P&PP dates) and no 2009 DDP info (to see if we'll do it and, yes, I understand it isn't usually available so early) makes figuring it out really, really hard. Grrrr. :confused3

We are going Feb 5-9. It is going to be awful the day they reopen to the 180 day window. The phone lines will be so bogged down with people that did not get to call in August or September.:eek: :scared1: :scared:

Nice.... our wedding anniversary is Jan 26th....:(

Jennifer

I'm in the same boat with you guys, and that's what got me so bent out of shape about this. We're planning on a late April trip and the "reopening" of the phone lines is going to fall just about as I need to start making resevations. It's going to be INSANE to get dining reservations in late October now. The competition was hard enough when everyone was calling at the 180 day window, but now it's going to be even worse.

I understand that the resevation system may need an overhaul, but I can't understand how customer service would think this is a viable option when it's going to cause such a back-up! It also means that the dining lines are going to gradually slow down as October approaches (because no new dates will be opening up) and then for the reopening BLAMMO- insanity. This includes all the heavy crowds who need reservations for President's Week, Spring Break and Easter.:confused3

Hopefully, the added ability to make reservations online will take away some of the congestion on the phone lines.

We are going in Feb '09 and only need two ADRs. Of course they are for Mickey and Cinderella. I can still call 180 days out, right? I thought I read it's still 180 days for the hard to get places.

ahhh....:sad2:...we are going in March and my 180 dinning window opens in Sept...I finally got the hang of it at the 180 day mark calling,... but with this new annoucment I am stressed once again :scared: ... bad timing on Disney's part for one of their most busy times of the year, i.e. Spring Break....:headache:

Ok someone help me because I am in a fog this morning.

We are going Jan 22-26th. I was all set to make my ressies on July 26th. Can I still do that or am I SOL?? (sorry outta luck)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter