WA Dis'ers/ outlet store

hlbtimes2

<font color=teal>Stretch that spine out big and ta
AMS liquidation has the new Disney outlet location open in Totem Lake. Its between Rite aid and Ross. It opens TODAY and will be there until Jan. 7.

I went by yesterday and saw the sign was up and they had tables set up inside, but didn't notice anything indicating an opening date. Thanks for the scoop!

I may try to stop by there today. If I do, I'll report back on what they have. :)

Can you tell me where this is? I don't know the area but want to try to get there this weekend.
Thanks!

Robindianne said:
Can you tell me where this is? I don't know the area but want to try to get there this weekend.
Thanks!
It's at the Totem Lake Shopping Center in north Kirkland.

If you're coming up 405 North, take the 124th St./Totem Lake Blvd. exit, and V to the right. Take a left onto Totem Lake Blvd, and the shopping center will be on your right.

If you're coming down 405 South, take the 124th St. exit. Turn right onto 124th, and right at the next light (120th Ave.?) Turn right onto 132nd Ave., (pass under the freeway) then right at the next light (Totem Lake Blvd.) The shopping center will be on your left.

OK, I just got back. And in the words of our favorite CM, Albort: "Meh."

Same old stuff they had at Burlington. Of course, I heard the spiel that they get new stock in every week.

So in case you didn't go to the Burlington outlet (before it closed), they have lots of clothes (t-shirts, sweatshirts, hooded sweatshirts, jackets), including 50th suede jackets (nice), 50th letterman type jackets (nice!) and princess dresses. (The princess dresses were selling for $35 and weren't the nicest ones I've ever seen, the Cinderella one felt a bit scratchy, too, but the Snow White one would be comfortable.) Some of the clothing has the 50th logo on it, but much of it does not. Tinkerbell and princess shirts and sweats for girls, Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore crewneck sweats in adult sizes. Some of the adult stuff has interesting sizing, I'm thinking mens' sizes, because I was looking at an enormous sweatshirt, and the tag said it was an 'M', and it would easily have fit me (I wear an L/XL.)

Some Thomas Kincade 50th castle stuff: set of notecards, set of stationery, photo album, journal. I thought this was still overpriced; I would have been interested in the set of notecards (just to put one in my scrapbook), but I think the 10 notecards were selling for $12. :rolleyes:

There were other photo albums, including one I hadn't seen before, it was a pop-up book with very simple pop-up cartoon scenes from around the park, such as a boat and tiki mask representing the jungle cruise, and the two-page spread had about 4 clear pockets for photos on the page.

There were corduroy pants for about $10, in very pretty colors (chocolate, apricot and a pretty deep olive green), but they didn't look Disney at all, not sure where they came from. They also had adult t-shirts in decidedly non-Disney themes, actually take-offs on well-known logos. One was the logo for Best Buy, only it read "BIG GUY" (some had beer or cigarette or gambling themes), and another had the Starbucks logo and read "I'd rather SPEND BUCKS..." I didn't read the rest of it. Some non-Disney tees for kids as well, most with animals on them, frogs, ants, tiger, salmon, etc. They were kind of cute, actually.

They have a display case for more expensive items, like watches and jewelry and clocks, etc. There were other big expensive items behind the counter, but I didn't really look, but I think they were 50th-related. One looked like it had figurines of different items from around the park, and one was a framed Thomas Kincade 50th castle, and the crowns looked like they had gold leaf on them.

Thanks Alex2kmommy. We went as well and I concur with your "meh." It was OK, but not the same as being in a Disney store. Still, it was good to check it out. Pretty drive with the leaves changing color.

The AMS stores often have some stuff that is non-Disney. They are a company that buys from other companies for bargin prices then liqudate it. That is also why its not like shopping in a Disney ran store. But, its often a good way to get some park merchandise at a discount. Its the same company that has a location near the park that people talk about going to.

"There were other photo albums, including one I hadn't seen before, it was a pop-up book with very simple pop-up cartoon scenes from around the park, such as a boat and tiki mask representing the jungle cruise, and the two-page spread had about 4 clear pockets for photos on the page" That is SHAG merchandise. He is a well known artist that did a lot of retro type art for the 50th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter