w/o PS on Fri of Memorial Day weekend for dinner - O'hana or Kona ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
I loved :) the posts on first night dinner selections.
We will have been up (or DH at least) since 3:30 AM.
Have gone to visit MK and then checked into our
room at the CR. DH will sleep for a few hours while
I unpack and our DS & DD cool out ;)

First night dinner - I do not know an exact time,
so I really do not want to make a PS - however,
it'll be the Friday of Memorial Day weekend,
I'll assume large crowds.

So - should I make a PS ?
Could you do Kona or O'Hana without a PS
on a Friday night of Memorial Day weekend ?

What time are the fireworks ? Which restaurant is
best to see them from ?

Go ahead and make a PS for Ohana. We were there a few weeks ago and it was no holiday or anything and we had to wait quite a while, even with a PS. Make your best guess on the time and then if you don't make it, you are no worse off than you are now!

If you want to see fireworks from your restaurant, Ohana's would be your best choice. If you get a chance definitely eat at Konas the food especially lunch is very good. For a holiday weekend I would be sure I made a PS for Ohanas before you arrive.

A quick point.. according to park info at this time there are no fireworks on Friday night, only Sat, Sun and Mon all at 9pm.

You can't see the fireworks at all from Kona. It doesn't face the lagoon. Ohana's does,but you are not promised a lagoon view table.

We much perfer the food at Kona's to Ohana's. Once we ate at Kona's and then went down to the beach and watched the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter