w/o a car, best routes to get from: AKL to WL, AKL to OKW, BW to WL, BW to OKW?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
okay, looks like we're going to "rough it" w/o a car again. :p
i tried the search, but it's down again, and besides it doesn't work properly anymore.
so, i need a quick review (from Tyler, perhaps :) )

using Disney's bus/ferry/monorail transportation combined with our own two feet ;) , what have you found to be the most efficient/fastest route to take for each of the following journeys:

(1) AKL to WL
(2) AKL to OKW
(3) Boardwalk to WL
(4) Boardwalk to OKW

i'm assuming each of these is at least a 2-leg trip.
the question is which transfer points are best for each?

most likely these trips would be for getting back to our resort after dinner or something. (is there a possibility that parks being closed might affect availability of a transfer point?)
or perhaps the reverse of those 4 trips, if we were eating in Boardwalk area or AKL for breakfast in the morning.

For breakfasts - you can take advantage of Character Breakfast buses.

Your best bet, is to go to the closest open theme park to either destination, and transfer there. Use Downtown Disney as a last option *EXCEPT* for Old Key West... Since it's so close, DTD works well for OKW. Plus, there's the option of the boat. I love the Trumbo (?) Ferry... such a relaxing ride.

Try in the following order:
1 - AK, MK, EC, ST, DTD
2 - AK, DTD, ST, EC
3 - ST, MK, DTD
4 - DTD, ST

If MGM is open when you want to get to or from the BW than you can take the bus to MGM and walk or take the boat to the BW. We used this to get to Boma's at the AKL from the BW and it worked great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter