VWL Noise?

vbfamily

DIS Veteran
Are the Villas at WL as noisy as the WL? We experienced a lot of noise when we were there in October. You can hear every toilet flush in surrounding rooms, you can hear every time the shower is turned on and every time someone slides there chair across the balcony you get this awful fingernail scratching chalkboard sound.

So, are the villas as noisy? Has anyone had a problem or not had a problem that they would like to share?

This info would help on planning a future trip, thanks.

The only regular room we've stayed at in wl was one of the honey moon rooms, so it was really quiet and out of the way. I'm not sure how loud the other wl rooms were. That said, our experience in a wlv studio was about the same as a bwv studio - the walls are thin, and we always hear our "neighbors" when we stay at a dvc resort. It's our experience that dvc rooms are much nosier than deluxe resort rooms at wdw, ymmv.

DR

We thought the BCV rooms were very quiet and well insulated from our next door neighbors. I imagine there were similar construction methods/materials.

We were in a studio in January at VWL and we could hear the family next to us in the one bedroom. It didn't bother us, we know it's going to happen. DBF did gesture at the wall once "Shut those kids up! What do you think this is Disney World???" and we howled with laughter so I'm sure they heard us too!:p

I could hear toilets flush (heck I think I'd hear those a mile away) but don't recall hearing any showers, or any chairs scraping across balconies either.

We were in a 1 BR last weekend and didn't notice anything unusual. First time we stayed there. Beautifully themed but a decent hike to the parking lot.

I've never noticed an inordinate amount of noise at any WDW hotel, so I am probably no help to you.

One of the reasons that we purchased at VWL was that it was so quiet! We've never been bothered by noise there. However, when we stayed at BWV last summer, we could hear noise in the pipes when someone was either in the shower or filling the jacuzzi.

We have stayed at VWL (our home resort--bought sight unseen) three times now. I can honestly say that we have NEVER heard our neighbors or even noises in the hallway on any of those trips!!! We've been on the first floor each time--and never heard anything above us either!

I know that on atleast 2 of those stays (in January) we were told they were sold out--so if that is true, that makes the quiet even neater!

It is an incredibly quiet, peaceful resort and that is one of the very many things we love about our new "home away from home".

Enjoy your trip!

Laura

We were in a studio in Dec, only recall hearing an infant crying on a couple ocassions but it was no bother. But generally we get back to our room dead tired & have no trouble sleeping & in the mornings we're probably making just as much noise as everybody else so we don't notice our neighbors.

Stayed in december in a 1 bdrm - no noise to speak of - very quiet:D

I guess we just had bad luck. When we were at VWL in June, we were awoken often by the loud TV and Soccer fans (remember, WC games were at 1:00am) next door. Also, we could often hear the TV next door when we were going to bed about 10:45.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter