VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

We returned a couple of weeks ago from a week with 4 of our 6 grandchildren. We had a blast. Parks we full but we used Genie+ and stacked at our second park of each day. We purchased the rides that we could at each park as well. We accomplished a lot and had ample time to eat, swim, see a movie/shop at the Springs, etc.

CM's were great and the resort was very well kept and the foliage was lush and "full". We had a 2 BR and honestly didn't notice any wear or tear in our unit.

Another great trip.

I love to hear great trip reports, esp. where it concerns our beloved Lodge!!

Congratulations Connie!
Hope mom and baby are healthy and everyone is happy :)

Have you picked your grandparental username, or going to let mom and dad choose?
I did the picking. I’m of Polish heritage and I had Babcis. I wanted to be one. Well, when we went to WDW with our first set of Grands, and they would call out “Babci” I often wasn’t the only woman who turned around!

Then there’s DGS Jack who at one time in his early years decided to call grownups by their first names. Babci was close enough to Bobbi, that he let that slide.

DH, although he has the same heritage as I, did not refer to his grandfathers as Dzadzie, so he’s Grandpop to all of them.

Last edited:
Has anyone explored the new relationship with Interval? We never used RCI, but I am plan to cancel our September stay and opting for a longer Sarasota stay with our son and daughter-in-law In October. Of the 192 points for the September BCV stay, 105 have to be used by November 30. We do not really want to go back to WDW this year.

I have been kicking around the idea of depositing the 105 points with Interval, but it seems all of the resorts in and around Sarasota or New England show zero availability for the next two years. All thoughts and comments welcome!

We have always used II for our Marriott weeks. Not sure what the rules are for the Disney relationship but with Marriott you can only book 12 months out and availability gets better after about 8 months or less. It may be too soon for your trip but like I said, I have no idea how the Disney part works.

Thank you Suzabella, that is helpful, i am hoping there will be more availability as time goes on, and was wondering if I should place a request, as it states on the website the system will perform the search, and automatically confirm reservation. As a planner, this is not really the way I like to do things for sure. The DVC Interval site states you can book exchanges up to 2 years in advance. Nearly all of the resorts in Sarasota show “limited exchanges” so I’m guessing we probably will not have luck, but I’ll try. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Hi Groupies! I wanted to let you know we’re now grandparents! our sweet little grandson was born June 25 and we are truly over the 🌙 !!!!!!
Corinne! I saw on Instagram! Truly happy for you! I am a new Mom Mom (Rob is Pop Pop) too as of 9 months ago! Its a wonderful feeling and I am sure will bring tons of joy to your lives. <3

Corinne! I saw on Instagram! Truly happy for you! I am a new Mom Mom (Rob is Pop Pop) too as of 9 months ago! Its a wonderful feeling and I am sure will bring tons of joy to your lives. <3
Thank you Maria! Congrats to you and Rob as well!:love:

Hi Everyone! I hope you all get to enjoy a fabulous 4th of July weekend.

I am starting to get in semi-serious planning mode for our November vacation. We are doing 5 nights in the world and then a 4-night cruise on the Wish! All the hoopla about the new ship has gotten my planning juices flowing!

We haven't been to WDW since 2018 and it is very difficult trying to figure out what is still "worth it" and what isn't with all the changes. We are taking some newbie friends with us (with a 3 year old girl), so I'm torn between "you have to see this" and "oh that way too much for what you get now" when I compare it what I know it SHOULD be (I'm looking at you BoG lunch and CRT).

So please, anyone, please chime in and let me know your thoughts if you've been to the world recently. Can't wait to see our beloved lodge again.

Happy Independence Day everyone!
full

So please, anyone, please chime in and let me know your thoughts if you've been to the world recently. Can't wait to see our beloved lodge again.
Hi Kathy,

We were there in early June for 5 days. I can honestly say that in terms of parks, we did next to nothing….the crowds were huge and with the inception of Genie + and the pay for play (nonsense) we found the wait times exhorbitant. This was our choice not to wait. Now, from what I’ve read, and I am by no means an expert, even if one does decide to pay for Lightning Lane, one does not simply walk on the ride as with the old FP system. From what I understand, if the attraction wait time is posted at 120 (many of them were), you can expect to wait for half the posted time.

Not my intent to be a “Debbie Downer”, just posting our experiences. Despite all of this, we still had a fabulous vacation, and we spent a lot more time at the resort and in the lounges! :rotfl2:I really hope Disney is able to sort all of this out, in my opinion it is not working, but I am sure for their bottom line it most certainly is.

Hi Kathy,

We were there in early June for 5 days. I can honestly say that in terms of parks, we did next to nothing….the crowds were huge and with the inception of Genie + and the pay for play (nonsense) we found the wait times exhorbitant. This was our choice not to wait. Now, from what I’ve read, and I am by no means an expert, even if one does decide to pay for Lightning Lane, one does not simply walk on the ride as with the old FP system. From what I understand, if the attraction wait time is posted at 120 (many of them were), you can expect to wait for half the posted time.

Not my intent to be a “Debbie Downer”, just posting our experiences. Despite all of this, we still had a fabulous vacation, and we spent a lot more time at the resort and in the lounges! :rotfl2:I really hope Disney is able to sort all of this out, in my opinion it is not working, but I am sure for their bottom line it most certainly is.
Thanks @Corinne. I have heard that about Genie+ in WDW. It's really a shame what has happened. Thanks for the input!

As I sit here, taking the day off from work(been working in garden instead):teeth:, we are in for the day now as NC feels like a toaster oven right now. Anyhoo, I am listening to Spotify Wilderness Lodge music(there are several loops on there, my fave being Wilderness Lodge Resort Loop by keanoms) with several other really good ones that I downloaded as well. And again, anyhoo, as sit here listening to "our music", I reflect on the many great times over the years meeting up with fellow groupies, and times I hope for the future to see old friends again and make new ones.

Just reflecting on good days gone by, and realizing once again how much I appreciate this group!

As I sit here, taking the day off from work(been working in garden instead):teeth:, we are in for the day now as NC feels like a toaster oven right now. Anyhoo, I am listening to Spotify Wilderness Lodge music(there are several loops on there, my fave being Wilderness Lodge Resort Loop by keanoms) with several other really good ones that I downloaded as well. And again, anyhoo, as sit here listening to "our music", I reflect on the many great times over the years meeting up with fellow groupies, and times I hope for the future to see old friends again and make new ones.

Just reflecting on good days gone by, and realizing once again how much I appreciate this group!
I usually don't use spotify. So can you download it and listen anytime?

DLI
Its an app, and I dont have unlimited data, so I have to be cautious where and when I use it. I think you can download it. I just pick my favorites and listen to them while in Wifi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!