VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Just wanted to say that Tom is in ICU as expected, and the operation went as it should! He is doing what he’s supposed to do, he wants to come home and recover.

The carcinoid tumor was very small, they did remove his lower left lobe because of the likelihood of another one growing,

He knows about so many of you sending good wishes and prayers, and he’s very happy, and thanks you!

He and I will be at VWL December 1-3. On the 3rd we go on a Merrytime DCL cruise. We are thankful for what has happened so far!

Bobbi

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that Tom is in ICU as expected, and the operation went as it should! He is doing what he’s supposed to do, he wants to come home and recover.

The carcinoid tumor was very small, the did remove his lower left lobe because of the likelihood of another one growing,

He knows about so many of you sending good wishes and prayers, and he’s very happy, and thanks you!

He and I will be at VWL December 1-3. On the 3rd we go on a Merrytime DCL cruise. We are thankful for what has happened so far!

Bobbi
Thank you for the update. I'm glad things went well and I hope he has a quick and smooth recovery.

I've been out of town for a funeral so off line.

So glad to hear things went well, Bobbiwoz! Sending continued prayers for a speedy recovery!

The carcinoid tumor was very small, they did remove his lower left lobe because of the likelihood of another one growing,

Bobbi
So glad to hear everything went well. Prayers for a speedy recover.

Bobbi
That is great news! Praying for a quick and complete recovery. Will he be experiencing any shortness of breath because of this? Hoping you have a magical and relaxing time in December!
I know I have been AWOL. I kept thinking I had to catch up before posting and then I realized that my time away from this wonderful group was getting way too long!!
We are most likely postponing our granddaughter’s first trip from February to November 2022. It’s a really long countdown, but I think it’s best for a few reasons. She is too young to be vaccinated ( a little over 2) ), things are not great with my DD and her husband right now, so financially I want to be prepared for whatever may happen, and even though she won’t be free, I think she will enjoy it more at almost 3 and a half.
Anyhow, I’m hoping I can still get Kidani 2 BR, even though it will probably be only 3 adults and DGD. We want this trip to be resort-centric and low-key ( haha, low-key at WDW!) If I can’t modify my cash res when I reach my cancellation without penalty date, I guess I’ll just try for 2 rooms in Jambo and keep calling back I hope they hire more phone CM’s by then!!
Hope everyone and their families are doing well. I’ve missed sitting in a rocker and chatting with y’all! :)

That is great news! Praying for a quick and complete recovery. Will he be experiencing any shortness of breath because of this? Hoping you have a magical and relaxing time in December!
I know I have been AWOL. I kept thinking I had to catch up before posting and then I realized that my time away from this wonderful group was getting way too long!!
We are most likely postponing our granddaughter’s first trip from February to November 2022. It’s a really long countdown, but I think it’s best for a few reasons. She is too young to be vaccinated ( a little over 2) ), things are not great with my DD and her husband right now, so financially I want to be prepared for whatever may happen, and even though she won’t be free, I think she will enjoy it more at almost 3 and a half.
Anyhow, I’m hoping I can still get Kidani 2 BR, even though it will probably be only 3 adults and DGD. We want this trip to be resort-centric and low-key ( haha, low-key at WDW!) If I can’t modify my cash res when I reach my cancellation without penalty date, I guess I’ll just try for 2 rooms in Jambo and keep calling back I hope they hire more phone CM’s by then!!
Hope everyone and their families are doing well. I’ve missed sitting in a rocker and chatting with y’all! :)
Your desire to postpone seems reasonable all around, and here's hoping you can get things settled with your reservations. And it's wonderful that you stopped by--we've always been a respite here from the outside world, a place to come and feel like family. :grouphug:

bluecastle, the trip will be worth waiting for!

Thank you for your prayers and good wishes. Tom took a selfie this morning, and mentioned that he didn’t need to push the red button for pain, overnight. As far as shortness of breath, he probably will have some, but with breathing exercises, he should be fine.

We have a DDiL who is a nurse, and she’s encouraging Tom to get up and walk so he doesn’t develop blood clots. She’s giving advice from afar, but he’ll listen to her for sure.

Tom also mentioned that his night ECU nurse is a “ DVC nut.” I think that may translate to “Groupie.” :)

Hi! Tom continues to improve. He was walking with a therapist yesterday. He still has the drain in his side, and if it gets removed today, he COULD come home tomorrow. It’s wonderful to realize the surgery is behind him, and was successful. He texted this morning that he had a good night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter