VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Morning, Groupies!
Just had to relate that yesterday was a wild one at work. We only have 123 rooms, and a few of those are offline with ongoing refurbishment "testing." Yet, yesterday we had 70 departures (68 arrivals)! I had recently been trained to be a room inspector (they are the ones who do a thorough once over of every room after it has been cleaned by housekeeping), so I was pressed into service to join several others. Depending on the size room, said inspection can take over half an hour. Sometimes small issues arise such as the incorrect number of coffee mugs in the kitchen. In that case, you make a request for the necessary mug and hope you don't have to wait too long for a runner to bring it to you (also a job I do!). Again, I have learned there are multiple complexities to turning rooms on any given day, and when you multiply said complexities by a huge number of rooms being turned, it gets to be a hectic, yet oddly satisfying, day. pirate:

Have a great week!

great entry

I looked back at your post and that was photos circulating of the test rooms. DVC almost always does a couple up at the resort and reviews before getting into the refurb. It's even possible there will be some tweaks from those that were done. Otherwise no other actual start of the refurb yet that I've seen reported. I think for awhile there seemed to be some room blocking done around March but I'm guessing that dates will be announced at the annual meeting in December.
Okay thanks! thats good to know! We own at CCV but I really really like what I've seen from the test rooms at BRV.

Happy to hear that you have Tom back home and that things went well with the surgery. Best wishes on recovery!
DH was going thru chemo and radiation this summer for lung cancer that they found in May and has responded well. Now a year of immunotherapy treatment.
Oh Kathy, so sorry to read this, but I am glad DH has responded well to the treatment. I was missing you over the summer and was hoping everything was ok….prayers and good thoughts coming your way.:hug:

Hi Groupies,

Happy Tuesday! I have been trying to catch up with this thread, it’s funny how it sometimes gets away from you.

There has been a lot going on these last few months. My mother has steadily been declining, with many ER/subsequent hospital stays. Coupled with the overwhelming craziness of my job, I made the difficult decision to leave. I won’t say I am retiring, because I do hope I will find a new path in the new year, but I do know I will not work in the same field again, so this journey has helped me find peace on that decision. I resigned one month ago, and this is my final week - bittersweet because it truly has been the best team and company I have ever been a part of.

I have saved the best news for last….our son and daughter-in-law are expecting! We are over the moon!

Hope you all have a great day!

Hi Groupies,

Happy Tuesday! I have been trying to catch up with this thread, it’s funny how it sometimes gets away from you.

There has been a lot going on these last few months. My mother has steadily been declining, with many ER/subsequent hospital stays. Coupled with the overwhelming craziness of my job, I made the difficult decision to leave. I won’t say I am retiring, because I do hope I will find a new path in the new year, but I do know I will not work in the same field again, so this journey has helped me find peace on that decision. I resigned one month ago, and this is my final week - bittersweet because it truly has been the best team and company I have ever been a part of.

I have saved the best news for last….our son and daughter-in-law are expecting! We are over the moon!

First of all so sorry about the health of your mom. Best wishes to her for improved health. I hope when you are ready that you find another job that you love. Congratulations on the upcoming grandbaby!!!

Hi Groupies,

Corrine so sorry to hear about your mom and hope she finds peace. Congratulations on making the decision to leave your job. Life is too short to deal with stress every day.
Congratulations on the new grand baby!! So exciting!

Corinne...sometimes life forces us into decisions that end up being really good for us. I'm hoping that the new direction in your work life is a truly fulfilling one. If your current job was causing that much stress in your life, I'm glad that you can chose a new path that will be much better for you. Besides, one of your "new jobs" will be Grandmother. Believe me, that can take up plenty of your time! Congratulations!

Oh Kathy, so sorry to read this, but I am glad DH has responded well to the treatment. I was missing you over the summer and was hoping everything was ok….prayers and good thoughts coming your way.:hug:

Thanks Corinne! I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing your own life trials. :hug: However such existing news about a Grandbaby! Wishing that things will be the best they can be for you and your family and that more good news like the grandbaby is around the corner.

bobbiwoz: love those pillows! I hope they keep them when they refurb, but I have my doubts. Have a relaxing and magical trip! Can’t wait to see more photos.

Corinne: So sorry to hear about your mom and the stress at your job. Hoping that there are happier and more fulfilling moments ahead. Speaking of that, I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but there are few things as wonderful as being a grandparent. Do they live close by?

My 2 year-old granddaughter asked to watch “Mickey” today! My DD and I will have her well-versed in all things Disney by next November :)

Corinne
Im so sorry about your Mom. I will be praying for you folks. Leaving the stress of work IMO, though it can be scary, scarier is what the stress can do to you. Good for you, life is too short!! And a big Congratulations on the soon to be grand baby OTW!! Nothing like it!!

So this might be a product of finding myself getting a bit unhappy with what Disney has and still is choosing to do this year in many areas but then I've always enjoyed some Universal time and really enjoyed going back to Sea World a couple of years ago so........ We're trying to finally make a trip back to Orlando in January and staying at BLT. I'll be going with my nephew and his wife and 4 yo son. DH will skip the trip since he's still doing Immunotherapy treatments. We've talked of both Sea World and Universal before and decided this time we'd finally make it.

1st - Sea World tickets on Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale - $50/person plus meet the dolphins for another $14 since my great nephew is interested in the ocean etc now. (We'll call it our Genei+ add on :rolleyes: )
Then I noticed in my Universal wallet that a special extended annual pass I had gotten towards the end of 2019 showed it was valid thru April of 2022! Say what? Due to trip cancellations during all of 2020 and 21 I had never used it other than an extremely short walk in to purchase it. They added one year to the expiration! :dance3: Called to verify and yes, though my flex payments had stopped because of an expired card all I needed to do was pay that back balance of $100 and in I can go.

All my family is quite disappointed with the ending of Magical express and the ease it provided and now it pretty much guarantee the need for a rental with car seats so we'll see if adventuring off to other parks becomes more normal again like it used to be for me and DH.

My nephews family missed buying Disney AP's by a couple of days since hold times were so long and she never could hang on long enough. Had she gotten them then even with a rental we'd probably not be doing anything else. Calling Universal I had no more of a hold than it took for me to verbally state my AP number. The system quickly determined I needed to talk to someone and voila - there they were!

It's kind of nice to feel like some place(s) still actually want us to visit.

Still love the lodge of course. :teeth:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!