VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Happy Saturday. So we were supposed to go to DL in January but we just love WDW too much and are now going there lol. As you may have seen me say in a previous post. So we had made reservations for SSR but it is not our first choice. It is hard to get anywhere else. Boardwalk isn't available at all or else we would probably stay there. Having said that we were able to get VWL for our last 4 nights!!!! And I'm so excited to say that we got BLT for the first 3 nights!!!!!! I have never stayed there! We stayed at the Contemporary more than 3 decades ago though. I'm so happy about it. We have 2 nights in the middle that we still have at SSR and are wait listing for either BLT or VWL. Not sure what the odds are of that coming through. I'm not gonna tell DD about us staying at BLT. I want it to be a surprise for her.

DLI,
We had hoped to book BLT in Feb, trying to book 2- 2 bedrooms for our family was a bit of stretch, and having to wait until today since Aug is our use year, we had all points tied up. Turns out BLT was booked up a few days ago, but then our decisions were made quickly for us when WDW has to have all masked back up inside, our soon to be 4 yr old grandson wearing a mask isn't going to fly. Im not mentioning this to start something up, its just fact. Littles dont always understand the need to mask up, etc. So we felt like maybe we would get past this by fall next year in hopes to get a trip in before the 5oth is over, fingers crossed

DLI,
We had hoped to book BLT in Feb, trying to book 2- 2 bedrooms for our family was a bit of stretch, and having to wait until today since Aug is our use year, we had all points tied up. Turns out BLT was booked up a few days ago, but then our decisions were made quickly for us when WDW has to have all masked back up inside, our soon to be 4 yr old grandson wearing a mask isn't going to fly. Im not mentioning this to start something up, its just fact. Littles dont always understand the need to mask up, etc. So we felt like maybe we would get past this by fall next year in hopes to get a trip in before the 5oth is over, fingers crossed
Yeah I'm a bit bummed that they are having to step up the mask wearing again. With me though it's just me and DD and we are both very used to wearing them since we have to wear them all day at work. I'm sure it is tough on kids though. Yesterday a mom came into our store and they were wearing masks and the mom was yelling at one of the kids to keep their mask on. Has to be a constant struggle. Hopefully since you will have 18 months you will be able to get there.

I’m guessing over the next few weeks masks are going to be required outdoors as well. We’ll probably wear them even if not required. I’ve noticed a lot of rooms and dining reservations have opened up the week we are planning to go. No way to know if this is due to covid related cancellations. I do know they’ve been opening up more dining options. Very anxious to see how this plays out.

Saw this on Facebook! BRV possible refurb picture!
I kinda like it. I always appreciated the more rustic look that BRV has over CCV.

View attachment 593978
Hmm. I would love to see more but just from this picture I think I like it more than the Copper Creek rooms. Seems more rustic. What facebook page is this on? I would love to know which rooms have been worked on and if it is possible to request them.

Last edited:
I like way more than I dislike in that picture. Love that they're using the fold down bed style, the blue-grey sofa doesn't seem to match anything else in the room. We need more pics! :) I'd like a better view of the table and chairs too.

It gives me hope that someone realized homogenizing the WL look was a mistake.

I like way more than I dislike in that picture. Love that they're using the fold down bed style, the blue-grey sofa doesn't seem to match anything else in the room. We need more pics! :) I'd like a better view of the table and chairs too.

It gives me hope that someone realized homogenizing the WL look was a mistake.
Oh is it a murphy bed?

I've heard complaints in another forum that it looks too SW vs NW, but I don't see it. Lots of wood tones and and greens in the mix there. It does have a sandy aspect to it, but overall I think it looks very sharp.

I've heard complaints in another forum that it looks too SW vs NW, but I don't see it. Lots of wood tones and and greens in the mix there. It does have a sandy aspect to it, but overall I think it looks very sharp.
I think this looks more lodge than the new rooms in Copper Creek. They have that craftmans look. Better fit for the Grand Californian.

I think this looks more lodge than the new rooms in Copper Creek. They have that craftmans look. Better fit for the Grand Californian.
We stayed at Copper Creek over Christmas. I will say we loved the rooms, they have more theming in person than pictures give off. But I will say I'm glad that it seems they've kept to keeping BRV more rustic and lodgy than CCV. Its nice to have a contrast. The Color scheme also reminds me more of the Grand Californian and also some Hilton Head themese with the red green and brown color scheme which a lot of the Wilderness lodge lobby has.

Does anyone know if I decide to cancel our September trip, will I still be able to move the points to RCI? They will expire November 30.

We stayed just a few doors down from this a few weeks ago. It looks really nice in person. I was/am not a fan of the last refurb. But what I’ve seen so far of the plans for the new one makes me very happy.

Are the colors as bright as they appear in that picture? Asking because the room picture seem more toned down and less contrast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter